We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2)
This topic is about Rainshadow Road
The Books > Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor #2)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Feb 28, 2012 09:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments This thread is to discuss Rainshadow Road. For the next month, I am marking this as a spoilers thread. After that, buyer beware!

Book Description:

***Lucy Marinn is a glass artist living in mystical, beautiful, Friday Harbor, Washington. She is stunned and blindsided by the most bitter kind of betrayal: her fiancé Kevin has left her. His new lover is Lucy’s own sister. Lucy's bitterness over being dumped is multiplied by the fact that she has constantly made the wrong choices in her romantic life. Facing the severe disapproval of Lucy's parents, Kevin asks his friend Sam Nolan, a local vineyard owner on San Juan Island, to "romance" Lucy and hopefully loosen her up and get her over her anger. Complications ensue when Sam and Lucy begin to fall in love, Kevin has second thoughts, and Lucy discovers that the new relationship in her life began under false pretenses. Questions about love, loyalty, old patterns, mistakes, and new beginnings are explored as Lucy learns that some things in life—even after being broken—can be made into something new and beautiful. ****

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments On my second read of this one. So excited to see what people have to say.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Dang. I have some catching up to do.

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments LOL! Yeah, reading it a bit slower this time round. ☺

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I wish I had time for rereading!

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Oh, Carol, it's a lovely book!

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Oh, Carol, it's a lovely book!"

Danielle, I'm going to start it as soon as I've finished Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2) by Loretta Chase which I'm loving!

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Mr. Impossible is an excellent book! I hope you have two good ones in a row!

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (ShannonK_4) | 7 comments I'm so excited! I got my copy of Rainshadow Road today. I tried last night to go by my local bookstore to see if they just might happen to have the books out on display early, but the bookseller who helped me said they get in big trouble if they put out a book before its release date. After school today, I went and bought the nicest copy with no scuffs, marks or bends on the pages. I'd really like to take the day off from school tomorrow to read the whole thing in one sitting, but I know that's not really possible. Do any of you put the release dates for certain books on the calendar in your phone or am I just weird?
I hope you enjoy the newest book!
Shannon

Marilyn (mbk1857) I'm about 40% through reading it. I had a problem yesterday. Finished reading one book about 4:30 pm and had to fill time till midnight or so I thought. Then I remembered. When the release date is announced for a new book one automatically thinks, okay, midnight. Amazon (located in Seattle and on Pacific time, like me) releases at 9 pm for us Westerners. I wonder if the same holds true for Hawaii? Anyway, I had my ebook copy at 9:05 pm.

Julie | 2 comments I actually got this over the weekend. My local Walmart already had out the paperback Tuesday releases, I was so happy(I picked up 5 different books)! I'm about a third of the way through so far and love it.

Heidi | 871 comments I'm only about 12% into the book, but enjoying it so far. I purchased for my kindle but will buy the book as well, since I have all of LK books in book form, it just wouldn't be right to not have this one!

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I have to have my favorite books in print as well, Heidi.

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments I don't put them on my phone, Shannon, but I do put them on my calendar. Maybe I ought to look at the calendar option on my iPod/Touch. Hmmmm. LOL!

Heidi | 871 comments Well I'm 30% thru this book and a little annoyed that there hasn't been much interaction between H &h. It's kinda bugging me! Hope it redeems itself.

Annie (annjordan) | 73 comments I finished last night. I thought it was a really good book. Now I can't wait for Alex & Zoe! August is to far away.

message 18: by MashJ (last edited Mar 03, 2012 03:34PM) (new)

MashJ | 733 comments Meh, I whipped through this after the kids had gone to bed tonight. Not the LK I have enjoyed in the past. The magical realism thing was nicely done but I feel she is copying someone else's homework on that aspect. Far too easy and quick a read for me.

message 19: by MashJ (last edited Mar 03, 2012 03:40PM) (new)

MashJ | 733 comments There were a couple of good aspects:
1. The house, love renovation projects.
2. The wine, difficult to argue with his career choice.
3. His back, described with lyrical enthusiasm by LK. I used to have a boyfriend with a back like that, sigh!

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments LOL! Mshj! ☺

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Actually, lucky Mshj!

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Bekah has a great book discussion going on for this book this month, so please feel free to use that thread instead for an in-depth discussion. This thread is for the long-range discussion of the book.

I don't want to steal any fire here.

message 23: by MashJ (new)

MashJ | 733 comments Sorry Danielle,,I missed that thread.

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Nothing to be sorry about, Mshj. I realized that this was a monthly read, and I didn't want to steal discussion away from the discussion thread. You're fine!

Lauren (laurenjberman) Just finished Rainshadow Road and enjoyed it immensely. Loved Sam's adorable geekiness.

One small issue though is that I sincerely hope Kleypas does not decide to redeem Alice ala Sebastian St. Vincent. I have no interest in reading a book with that narcissistic cow as the heroine.

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments **Lisa Kay spits out water** LMAO! Okay, Lauren, tell us how you really feel.

**whispers: "I totally agree with you."**

Aline (savedbymercy) Lauren wrote: "Just finished Rainshadow Road and enjoyed it immensely. Loved Sam's adorable geekiness.

One small issue though is that I sincerely hope Kleypas does not decide to redeem Alice ala Sebastian St. Vi..."

LOL..
I totally agree with you, Lauren :D

jingles I finished this one on Sunday, and enjoyed it. I'm really looking forward to book #3.

And, I totally agree with you, Lauren, about Alice. I'm not sure I could read that book.

message 29: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new) - rated it 3 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I just finished this yesterday on audiobook. I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to Alex's book (Dream Lake). I'll post my review soon.

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Yes, it was good on audio. Well done.