The Artists' Corner discussion

Your Artwork/Feedback > Libby's Awesomepossum Artwork

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) | 22 comments Alrighty, first of all forgive me for the title. It's awful, I know. xD

Sooo. Before I start. My name's Olivia, but you can call me Libby--I'm 13 years old. I love to draw, mostly graphite pencils but I love my big set of Prismacolors too<3
You'll also see maybe a few random little paintings or mixed medias. If I get around to post alot of pictures, which I hope to:)
I don't take lessons, but I am starting a colored pencil class in like April. I'm pretty darn excited:D

I'm mostly into drawing relatively realistically, faces are my forte. :) Oh, and mostly female faces too. Men kind of bore me to draw, idk...(Sorry bros)

If the pictures look like a pile of bologna, it's either because I drew them bad or the scanner picked them up badly--I'm gonna try to use a camera instead since my scanner is just a printer with like a scanner feature...xD

Please don't steal my art<3

Katie McGrath (Sorry, it's messed up because I had it in my sketch book for so long it got all smudged...:[ )

Photobucket

Taylor Swift
Photobucket

Angel Colby
Photobucket

A random creation, loosely based off of Emma Roberts
Photobucket

Taylor Swift
Photobucket

message 2: by Liv (last edited Feb 28, 2012 09:33AM) (new)

Liv (osf1998) | 22 comments The End

Photobucket

This one's a mixed media with a little cheap white canvas, some red acrylic and pieces of a really old book I ripped up--the symbolism, if you can't figure it out:

Heartbreak. The ending of a relationship, or the idea of one or some kind of love. I didn't use paintbrushes, just my fingertips. I actually used red paint (it's supposed to be like blood btw) to collage the papers down--I might possibly have done this yesterday after feeling especially sorry for myself with guy and family troubles, in my basement alone after scrapping up random materials. :)

message 3: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) | 22 comments Oh, I love to draw manga btw--I'll upload some of 'em soonish. Hopefully:)

message 4: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) | 22 comments Lauren (Flame) wrote: "Wow, those are really good! Great job on the portraits. I can never draw people like that. XD

On Angel Colby, your shading is a tad dark it looks like... but really cool!

:D"

Thanks!! That means alot to me:)

Yeah, it's partly the camera, the shadows were bad--but also Angel's African American:)

message 5: by Liv (last edited Feb 28, 2012 11:57AM) (new)

Liv (osf1998) | 22 comments She was a little sketch, not my best but I like her as a person so I wanted to put it up xD

^^^^^^^ That's her :D

message 6: by Jia, FAIL JIA. (new)

Jia | 421 comments Mod
You are a very talented young lady, for my life I cannot even attempt realism! And when I was thirteen... Let's just kinda overlook that year. Anyway, Katie is my favourite. She's got these gorgeous eyes that you've captured quite well. She has this playful and slightly sly expression on her face that I also like. But, a little critique here. Her hair needs work. There's still a lot of detail over looked, but you're still young and improving. There needs to be a smoother gradiation with the skin, in my opinion. And in the final Taylor, her eyes are a bit large. They look too awake, kinda of how I imagined Effie Trinket sometimes. Overall, I think this is a great beginning. You've got a lot of talent, you just have to nurture it and let it grow. :)

message 7: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) | 22 comments Jia wrote: "You are a very talented young lady, for my life I cannot even attempt realism! And when I was thirteen... Let's just kinda overlook that year. Anyway, Katie is my favourite. She's got these gorgeo..."

Thank you so much!!!! I can't tell you how much that all means to me.

The gradiation--I totally agree. They do look a bit better in person because the camera wasn't really picking it up, but you're totally right.
Haha def about the Effie!!
Thank you so much<3<3<3<3S>S>S>S>

message 8: by Jia, FAIL JIA. (new)

Jia | 421 comments Mod
No problem!

I get it with the camera. My old scanner would suck the shading out of everything I did, and I would complain about it all the time. But, now the scanner/copier/printer is dead, and I have no scanner or camera. ;p

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

You're amazing at drawing!!!!!

message 10: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) | 22 comments Eve... :D (smile, God loves u) wrote: "You're amazing at drawing!!!!!"

Thank you so much!!!!

message 11: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) | 22 comments Jia wrote: "No problem!

I get it with the camera. My old scanner would suck the shading out of everything I did, and I would complain about it all the time. But, now the scanner/copier/printer is dead, and I..."

Haha. Aww. That sucks.