We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Just for Fun > Member Photos

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Mar 02, 2012 10:25AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments This thread is for members to post photos. I didn't mark this thread as Not Safe For Work, so please indicate in the questions/suggestions thread if that is your intention prior to posting so you can be directed to the appropriate place.

message 2: by Shannon (new)

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (ShannonK_4) | 7 comments This is a picture of Lisa Kleypas and me when she came to Fort Worth, Texas during her Sugar Daddy book signing tour in 2007. She was just as I imagined her being---kind, elegant, intelligent and friendly. I feel fortunate that I had the chance to meet her!

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments That's awesome!!

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Gorman | 400 comments Awesome!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2111 comments Shannon, you are so lucky to have met her. Living in the UK, I reckon my chances of ever meeting Lisa Kleypas in person are precisely zero!

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Neat picture, Shannon!

message 8: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Nice pic, Shannon!! :) I had the pleasure of seeing a bunch of romance writers when the annual RWA awards were hosted here in,NYC.Unfortunately,I went by myself,so I was the one taking the pics. I would still like to put some of them up,though-the captions make great stories. No one around here understands how exiting it is to meet up the person who inspires all sorts of wicked plots!! ;)

message 9: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Autumn wrote: "No one around here understands how exiting it is to meet up the person who inspires all sorts of wicked plots!! ;) "

Well, you can be certain we will, Autumn!

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Autumn, I'd love to see your photos.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2111 comments Me too, Autumn!

message 12: by Autumn (last edited May 26, 2012 11:21AM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Carol wrote: "Me too, Autumn!"

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Autumn, I'd love to see your photos."

Opps!! sorry,ladies. Here are some of the pics.

This one was not from RWA,It was a week before the convention. Jodi Picoult was promoting the book : I`ll sing you home"

2011-03-04 21.02.22.jpg

At The WRA Literacy signing the funniest thing happened: I was in the line (3 floors below from where the signing was held) and it was HOT and humid because we were still technically outside the Marriot in Times Square, I happened to be complaining about the organization of the event, such and such when this woman in front of me joins the conversation and casually asks me what books I brought for signing and I showed her the 3 books I was allowed to bring. Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #1) by Julia Quinn by Julia Quinn happened to be one of them, and she looks at me and says.. "well you might be in a lucky day while my luck ran dry because I happened to be Emily, Julia Quinn`s sister" I was like "huh?, how the hell did you get stuck in the line?" and well that`s when she explained to me how the organizers of the event were all stingy with the admission tickets-even though Emily is her publicist.Go figure. The interesting thing was when Emily called her sister and she came to rescue and took me along, YAY me!!! ;). Needless to say my time improved considerably after that encounter. I even was invited to a dinner on a floor above with a couple of Avon writers after the signing.

the pics dont have much quality,partly because it was mayhem with everyone about and I couldn't get them still
Also, I didnt have time to bring a camera ( this was technically my lunch from work) so the crappy cell camera came to the rescue.

This is Julia Quinn
2011-06-28 18.53.06.jpg

Megan Hart. She was AMAZING!! she autographed Dirty by Megan Hart my favorite by her.
2011-06-28 19.08.14.jpg

Julie James. she autographed Something About You (FBI / US Attorney, # 1) by Julie James
2011-06-28 19.15.55.jpg

Sarah MacLean: autographed Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3) by Sarah MacLean
2011-06-28 19.21.22.jpg

Emily March: autographed Angel's Rest (Eternity Springs, #1) by Emily March
2011-06-28 19.24.02.jpg

Eloisa James: autographed When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2) by Eloisa James
2011-06-28 19.29.02.jpg

Tessa Dare: autographed A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare
2011-06-28 19.35.43.jpg

Victoria Dahl: autographed
Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2) by Victoria Dahl
2011-06-28 19.40.14.jpg

Nilini Singh was my highlight of the day!! :) She autographed Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) by Nalini Singh
2011-06-28 19.06.14.jpg

Shayla Black: autographed Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black
2011-06-28 19.36.31.jpg

message 13: by Autumn (last edited May 26, 2012 11:27AM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments I also met with Lisa Kleypas, which was didn`t attend the signing,but was there for the dinner. (I was so sad my battery had died 10 min before I had a chance to meet her) Amanda Quick,Susan Elizabeth Philips,Stephanie Laurens,.. I cant remember more names at the top of my head, but there were more than 30 romance authors under one roof; it was romance galore, that`s for sure.

here is the elevator that took us to the dinning floor.

2011-06-28 20.02.30.jpg

and here was the dinning area 2 min before my phone died. I was so pissed, but decided no to push my luck any further. Initially I felt like a fish out of water with my medical scrubs eating/chatting with writers and publicists of the sort,but like I was going to refuse the opportunity, right? :P

2011-06-28 20.51.12.jpg

2011-06-28 20.49.55.jpg

2011-06-28 20.51.34.jpg

message 14: by Kesha (new)

Kesha | 240 comments Oh how I envy you Autumn

message 15: by Autumn (last edited May 26, 2012 12:07PM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Kesha wrote: "Oh how I envy you Autumn"

aw thank you, Kesha.I definitely owe it to the city I live in. NYC has its ways of rewarding us for putting up with the crazy life we lead here..

message 16: by Lisa Kay (last edited May 26, 2012 03:05PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Oh, Autumn! That is such a neat story -- and so exciting for you! Lucky, lucky you! Thanks for the pics; they're great!

message 17: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments Very envious Autumn. Are you going to BEA?

message 18: by Autumn (last edited May 26, 2012 03:28PM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Very envious Autumn. Are you going to BEA?"

Huh? You got me there, Lisarenee! 0_O'

Lisa Kay wrote: "Oh, Autumn! That is such a neat story -- and so exciting for you! Lucky, lucky you! Thanks for the pics; they're great!"

I knew you guys would understand what this means for a romance reader!!! I only wished my cursed phone hadn't died so freaking soon! *_* **sighs** I really wanted a picture with Emily who after all made it all possible. I forgot to mention that Jane Porter Jane Porter was there and even though I`ve never heard about her books, she was gracious enough to give me like a souvenir sort of thing that included some of her books- it reminded me of the Divas welcome kit. Has anyone read her works??

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2111 comments Autumn, I'm so envious of you meeting all those fabulous authors and getting so many books signed!

message 20: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Autumn wrote: "I forgot to mention that Jane Porter ... Has anyone read her works??"

No, not me. But, she looks good. I'll have to check her out.

message 21: by Autumn (last edited May 26, 2012 03:53PM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Carol wrote: "Autumn, I'm so envious of you meeting all those fabulous authors and getting so many books signed!"
Thank you, Carol! I looked liked kid after x-mas on my way back on the Subway, but it was worth it xoxo :P

Lisa Kay wrote
No, not me. But, she looks good. I'll have to check her out."

LOL, sorry I couldn't avoid thinking of the double entendre! ;P If you decide to read her works, please let me know your thoughts!

message 22: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments BEA is Book Expo America. This year for the first time on Thursday, June 7th, (I believe) they're opening it up to the public. It's being held in New York. I think the cost is about 40 dollars and you may be able to pick up free books. May being the key word. I'm not positive.

More info can be found at: http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/

message 23: by Lisarenee (last edited May 26, 2012 03:56PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments I'll see if I can find more on the open to public if you want it. I got slammed with a lot of info about it this past week so I think they just opened up registration for it to the general public.

message 24: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Oh that`s awesome, Lisarenee!! I Just clicked in the link and found GREAT info! I had no idea this was taking place! I would do my best to go on Wednesday if just to see John Green; I` ve been wanting to meet him forever!

thank you! ((((((mama bear hugsss))))))))))

message 25: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4720 comments Autumn wrote: "If you decide to read her works, please let me know your thoughts!"

Will do. I noticed she write Harlequin Presents and I need a Greek Isle location for a challenge... hmmmmm.

message 26: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (GwenK) | 89 comments Shannon & Autumn your pictures are great! I envy you meeting all of these wonderful authors. I'm drooling over your pictures!!!

@Shannon that's exactly how I would describe Lisa Kleypas as well. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Just Like Heaven (other topics)
Dirty (other topics)
Something About You (other topics)
Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (other topics)
Angel's Rest (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jane Porter (other topics)