Anne Taylor Loft discussion

I Know I Am, But What Are You?
This topic is about I Know I Am, But What Are You?
Book 1

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachael (rachaelbabs) | 25 comments Mod
Well here is our first book discussion. I WILL START.

i was expecting a sequel to bossypants and instead i got its bee list cousin.

see what i did there? BEE LIST GUYS.

survey says: 2 and a quarter stars with a dash of meh.

Emily (emilyoestevez) | 33 comments Mod
I agree, I wasn't too impressed. Some parts were enjoyable, but I just couldn't relate to her story as well as I did Tina's. Bee was a bad kid that had danger adventures growing up, whereas Tina was a loveable, quiet nerd child like myself.

Mostly okay, I'd give it 2.5 stars. A solid portion of that attributed to the poo-air story.

Kate | 8 comments Mod
Personally, I wasn’t expecting it to be a like Bossypants because it doesn't seem like Tina and Sam have much in common when it comes to their type of comedy. Also Tina is a writer so of course her book will be better written.

As for I Know I Am, Sam's comedy style tends to be raunchier which made the book interesting/uncomfortable. I related to parts of her childhood because I am a child of divorce with a mother that gives obscene and ill-timed sex talks (which usually involve hand gestures). However, there were parts like the cult story that seemed really off the wall and the whole pretending to date Jesus was odd.

My favorite part of the book was realizing that we share the same rape strategy. I luckily have never had to use it but it's good to know that it works.

Overall, I thought it was an easy and entertaining read but I certainly wasn't rolling on the floor laughing.

Emily (emilyoestevez) | 33 comments Mod
I second the uncomfortable. Who goes to a strange old man's basement apartment? Her parents should have focused less on intercourse facts and more on stranger danger.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

you can't make me uncomfortable. Everyone please note this for future book selections.