Bear River Bookies discussion

December's Bookclub

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 44 comments Everybody seemed to have a great time at bookclub... mostly it's just fun to hear what everyone is currently reading and get new reccomendations... that and just the fun chatter of a bunch of women together of course. As for the discussion about the 'book of lost things' I got the impression that most everyone enjoyed reading it and people liked the concept of taking farmiliar stories and creating something new. We all thought it had some good messages, my favorite message in particular was that life is not easy and lots of bad things are likely to happen but that dosen't mean that it isn't worth living. The bad can make the good even better. I personally liked the theme that people aren't always what you expect them to be, sometimes those who seem weak are the strongest and those who seem powerful are actually very weak. Anyway... it was good times, yummy treats and good company and I look forward to another get together next month. -robynThe Book of Lost Things

message 2: by Karen (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:31AM) (new)

Karen (kikuc) | 60 comments I have a copy of The Story of Edgar Sawtelle if anyone is interested in reading it. Does anyone have a copy of the next book on the list that I could borrow?