The outsiders discussion

your writing > your writing

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* (last edited Feb 27, 2012 10:51PM) (new)

Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 192 comments Mod
put your writing here or a link or whatever. i know some people like to write a lot of stories. (i do) here we can dissucss ideas and give constructive crtics so we can grow as writers.
if you go to my page and scroll down i have written quite a few. :) you are more than welcome to read some of the stuff i wrote. some of my ideas are Hidden, Benevolent, Howl to Me, and Where Ever You Go.
oh, some of the things i wrote have Mary Sue/Gary Stus in them, at least the stuff a wrote like three years ago do. so some of my stuff i wrote is really bad.

Samantha The Escapist (greatescapist) | 46 comments Mod
My friend (a corporeal kinda friend) and I are both getting into new concepts and working on our charts together. We decided that since we both have a hard time with criticizm and letting people read our stuff we should just suck it up and read each others' stuff to get past that hurdle since we both have dreams of being published.

Not to mention we need an excuse to hang out since we don't like ANY of the same movies or activities :P

So we're going to get together for one afternoon every other week to discuss our character sketches, maybe do some drawings, help each other with concepts and help make sure neither of us runs with an idea that is cliché or bad for some reason. I'm really excited :) Our first meeting is next week.

It's great too because she's writing an urban fantasy slight dystopia and I'm writing a classic fantasy style. We both like both genres so we'll each have lots of input BUT we won't have to worry about ideas overlapping ^^

So mine is a fantasy about two sisters who get wrapped up in the politics of the land, one is an ambassador and the other is a bit of a trouble maker/bounty hunter/the-embarassing-relative-every-politician-has. The story opens with the eldest sister(the ambassador) getting kidnapped by the opposition to be tortured for info.

I have most of my plans written up on the backstory, I just need to start outlining the plot and timelines in more detail.

Sorry for the wordy post but I thought it would be cool to discuss our writing methods as well :D

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 11, 2012 05:30PM) (new)

I'd love if you guys checked out my writings. I have written paranormal romance stories (still a work in progress) and also have written 2 poems ('Without you here') has one cuss that I've starred (*****) out. Just a warning.

I have a passion for paranormal romance stories and I'd especially love if you checked them out.

Thanks,
Alice
http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/6...

message 4: by Ashlie (new)

Ashlie (smashlie17) Weeeeeeeeeeeellll... I'm kind of shy about my writing, but I guess it's pointless if I never get it out there. It's barely anything so far, just a prologue and a short chapter, and it still needs a LOT of work.

It would be great if anyone who checked it out could also leave feedback and suggestions on how to improve it, cuz I am not a very good writer lol

Just as a warning, though, there is a bit of violence, but no cussing or anything, and the violence isn't like incredibly graphic or anything.

Its about faeries and the future, so its paranormal and kind of actiony and when I get more into writing it there will probably be a little bit of romance.

Anyways, here it is: http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/4...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished writing this poem. It's about a lost love.

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 12, 2012 06:04PM) (new)

Ashlie wrote: "Weeeeeeeeeeeellll... I'm kind of shy about my writing, but I guess it's pointless if I never get it out there. It's barely anything so far, just a prologue and a short chapter, and it still needs a..."

Ashlie, I'll check out your story. :D I love paranormal romance and would love to read it. :D

message 7: by Grouphug (new)

Grouphug is it all right if I post anther poem here?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamesdean wrote: "is it all right if I post anther poem here?"

Go ahead :D

message 9: by Grouphug (new)

Grouphug OK here's one:
Mornings -
The time is 7 o’ clock
Raise your head from the pillow
Think: this would be a good time to get up
And then slump back
5 minutes you say to yourself
5 minutes
Turn to the wall and shut your eyes
but the world won’t let you sleep
Light is coming in through the curtains
Outside it is cold and cloudy
‘With spots of rain’ the weather man says - when you find the remote.
The alarm clock starts ringing and it won’t let you sleep.
Reminds you of your mother and her persistent banging on your door to get up and get dressed for school.
When you didn't want waking and still don’t now.
So ignore cries of the clock
And hear the news on the TV
Of war, of rebels and of a murder only down the road from here
The presenters
How do they get up so early?
Must be robots - to look so smiley
When people have to go to work
you find your teddy bear and sweep the crumbs from your duvet
Think of moving yourself - from the bed to the kitchen
Sit up and fall back
It’s too much
You do not wipe the sleeping dust from your eyes
Trying to reverse it
And to sleep once more. Another 8 hours. Bliss.
Your stomach is yelling at you and you feel dizzy. Thirst is raging.
Letters fall onto the mat.
Someone knocks ‘Bugger off!’
The day won’t leave you alone
Clock ticking - time leaving.
Car doors slamming
And then total silence like your the last one on earth.
A breeze coming in through the vent.
The room is getting lighter.
Pyjamas feeling indecent.
Shouldn’t you be dressed?
Nerves about going to work
An empty seat.
Will you be missed?
It would be wrong to stay in bed.
Get out.
Nah, sleep is best for this Monday morning.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamesdean wrote: "OK here's one:
Mornings -
The time is 7 o’ clock
And then slump back
5 minutes
Turn to the..."

That is exactly what I feel on Monday mornings :D

Great poem :)

Alice

message 11: by Grouphug (new)

Grouphug Alicia- wrote: "Jamesdean wrote: "OK here's one:
Mornings -
The time is 7 o’ clock
And then slump back
5 m..."

thanks

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

;D

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 51 comments Jamesdean wrote: "OK here's one:
Mornings -
The time is 7 o’ clock
And then slump back
5 minutes
Turn to the..."

Love it

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

We should make a poem about how good is Fridays! :D

message 15: by Grouphug (new)

Grouphug hey heres a link
http://www.booksie.com/young_adult/sc...
you know, i want some feedback on it

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 51 comments I really lkied it! Your dialouge is amazing

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 06, 2012 06:48PM) (new)

Jamesdean wrote: "hey heres a link
http://www.booksie.com/young_adult/sc...
you know, i want some feedback on it"

Checking it out now...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

It's certainly different from anything I've read. It's different in a good way. The dialogue is great and the characters are developed pretty well. Good job! :D