Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1) Birthmarked discussion

So i need something new to read like this cuz im waiting for 5 books to come out and im bored to death!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel B i need some new books to read, preferably a series cuz im waiting for promised to come out

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

first of all, can you please stop typing in short cuts then I am happy to help you it's just I can't stand reading "text" language... :)

Kristen If you haven't already read it, The Hunger Games series is excellent.
I haven't read too many other dystopian series, but I've heard Divergent and The Maze Runner are both really good.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've heard that Uglies is good and similar to this book...

message 5: by Blujeanbooks96 (last edited Apr 02, 2012 12:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blujeanbooks96 a series... hmmmm have you tried rachel caine or someone. She has a fair few series.

Blujeanbooks96 Usually something I do when I'm stuck for books is just pick one up. If you don't like it, pick up another one. Eventually you'll do one of the following:
1. Find a book you want to read and enjoy it - problem solved.
2. Spend so long looking for a book that you completely loose track of time and the otehr books come out. OR
3. Get so sick of looking for books that you give up, and don't think about it again until you get the books your waiting for.

I usually experience all 3 hahaha

Samuel Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I picked it up on a whim in January, and it is still the best book I have read this year by far.

Just do it.

Jennifer Davis Birthmarked was very good.

Doreen Matched & Crossed, The Uglies series, Feed. I just read The Fault of Our Stars and loved it!

Karen Foster I don't know what you have read already, or what you really liked about the book, but I enjoyed these just as much as I did Birthmarked:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
The Roar by Emma Clayton
The Line By Teri Hall
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Matched by Ally Condie
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Maze Runner by James Dashner
Enclave by Ann Aguirre
Among The Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Unwind by Neal Shusterman
X Isle by Steve Augarde
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

Many of these books are the first of a series or a trilogy, but for the sake of time and space, I only listed the first books.
Hopefully you will find something you haven't already read there. And I hope this list is helpful :)

Doreen I have not read the Westerfeld or Dashner books but they are on my summer reading list! I have read all of the others. Going back a few years, have you read These?
Handmaids Tale by Atwood
Pathfinder by O.S. Card
Incarceron by Fisher?

message 12: by Bre (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bre It may not be a distopian novel but it was still good:The iron King (The iron fey seris)The iron daughter, The iron queen, the iron knight(I don't think thats the correct order) by Julia Kagwawa

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 09, 2013 02:27PM) (new)

You might like The Giver Quartet, (which includes The Giver, Gathering Blue, Messenger and Son,) by Lois Lowry. I just finished reading it, and thought it was pretty good.

message 14: by Lynn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lynn Mccorry If you haven't read Unwind then I would definitely suggest that one. It's awesome!

Patricia Kaniasty I have read every single book and or series so far mentioned. Yes I read alot. I would say that "The Maze Runner" series by James Dashner is by far one of the best yet. Could not put any of them down.

Iris* What about "The Chemical Garden" series by Lauren DeStefano, "Across the Universe" by Beth Revis or "The Pledge" by Kimberly Derting?
I also read a lot and these are some of my favourite dystopian books.

Patricia Kaniasty All 3 of those series are very good.

Jocelyn Try: ``The Starters'' by Lissa Price. It is about teenagers who rent their bodies to the elderly. If you read and loved ``Unwind'' by Neal Shusterman, you would be interested in this novel.