Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood (Persepolis, #1) Persepolis discussion

Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Claire wrote: "This book was interesting. :D"

Yes but it also is sad... Its good though.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Claire wrote: "Yeah, it is sad too, but a good read as well. :D"

Read all of them :)

Raisa I like this book because it is different. The visuals at finrst may seem child-like but once I started to truly understand the message of the book the pictures seemed darker. Like they say a "picture is worth a thousand words."

Cheryl I like that the reader starts off with Marji as a young girl, but by the end of II she's a grown woman. It was interesting to learn about revolution in Iran through such innocent eyes and to watch Marji grow and form her own opinions. It was eye opening how easy it was to relate to her way of thinking. I loved these books!

Lauren This graphic memoir changed the way I view Iranians, Muslims in general, and Communists. Too often we see groups with which we are unfamiliar as one unfriendly mass. This work demonstrates that there is individuality and compassion in groups that Americans often view negatively. It also made it clear that, just like any other religion, Islam has a wide spectrum of conviction.

Marie I absolutely loved these books!

Rita Good comment, Lauren!

Lauren Rita wrote: "Good comment, Lauren!"

Nurul Mahmudah This book is very honest, i did consider it nor merely autobiography of Satrapi, but her rebellion as well.