~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

Games > Guess the Book

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I've seen this game on other groups and thought it looked fun. So, I'm basically going to have two ways that you can try to guess a book. One, you can either post a summary of the book, or you can add a quote from the book. The person who gets the book correct gets to add the next book.

This book was released last year and it has to do with angels. Each angel has a purpose he or she must fulfil. We don't know what happens to angels when they don't fulfil their purpose, just that most angels try to avoid not fulfilling theirs. The main character finds out what her purpose is and is forced to move to a new state to fulfil her purpose. She meets two boys, one whom she has minor interest in, and the other who she dislikes at first, but then falls in love with. Can you guess the book?

message 2: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
Is it Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand ?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup. You get to choose the next book.

message 4: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

This book was released in the past year, and has become very popular. The author's name is pretty hard to pronounce. It's about a girl that has been locked up for many days, and has had no human contact. Even before she was locked up she had very little to no human contact. Someone from her past ends up locked up with her. She has to endure many internal struggles and decide whether or not to trust her new cellmate and take a chance to finally get close to someone.

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi ?

message 6: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Yes (: Your turn

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Yeah!

This book was released two years ago and a very popular author wrote it. The main character is a pain and she let's her friends bully another girl. Both the bullied girl and her die in a car accident. The thing is she gets to relive her last day on earth for seven days which makes her slowly realize who she was and what she was doing wrong.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 86 comments Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver ?

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Yep.

message 10: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Your turn Nicole (:

message 11: by Adriana (new)

Adriana ?

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 86 comments This book was released this year. It is a debut novel by an author from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The story is set in a post-apocalyptic era. It's all about a girl who was thrown out of the comforts of the city she lived in. She's used to living in illusions, as the rest of the citizens are. But left in the open, she must find in herself the instincts long buried in her so that she can deal with the world around her.

message 13: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi ?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to revive this game.

The main character of this book lives in a dull town where she is outcasted for dressing in black clothes a wanting to be a vampire. Nothing interesting really ever happens, until someone moves into the mansion on the hill. He never reveals himself, and the main character becomes suspicious and curious, so she breaks into the mansion. Despite trespassing, she and her mysterious new neighbor become friends, and the main character finally feels like she can relate to someone.

message 15: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Okay, I am going to give it a shot but this descriptions is not sounding familar. Is it:
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine ?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Not quite.

message 17: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Darn, I have no idea then.

message 18: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Whhat's the answer so that we can restart the game.

message 19: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (adrianaifitz) | 9 comments Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1) by Ellen Schreiber its this book. I have read it like 383829 times. (:

message 20: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) "We accept the love we think we deserve."
"Right now - we are infinite."
Will be a movie released this September starring Logan Lerman and Emma Watson.

Which book is it?

message 21: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky?

message 22: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) Yes! :)

message 23: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) This book is set in modern times and is about angels and demons. The main character is a girl and she dies once she reaches about seventeen but reincarnates. She is the love interest of an angle but if he revels himself to her she will die by internal combustion. She also has an eye for his enemy, a demon. Her fate will also be the fate of the world. She sees shadows in which caused her parents to send her to a different boarding school. This is where she meets her angel and demon friends and love interests without knowing it.

message 24: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate !!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Yep :)

message 26: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

This book is about a young ADHD boy who has been bounced around through different schools all his life. Weird things start to happen to him that only he remembers. When he goes home to his mother for summer, she abruptly tries to send him off to this weird camp that only his mom and bestfriend know about. On the way there they are attacked by this weird, unexplainable mythical creature who kidnaps his mom. He has to learn how to cope with all the new things his is finding out about his birth father and this new camp he has been dumped at. He also has to find the strength to lead the way on a crazy adventure with a girl he met at camp (that he has a crush on) and his bestfriend. They travel across the country with the hope of saving his mom...or the world.

message 27: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) OH MY GOSH...
IT'S PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS: THE LIGHTNING THIEF!

It's a little coincidental that I have just finished going online and purchasing the boxed set of the series. My old copies were getting a little rough, so I thought I'd get some shiny new copies! :D My guilty pleasure.

Okay....

This book is set in a world where love is forbidden. Labeled as amor delira nervosa, a girl looks forward to being cured from it. That is, until she falls in love...
Written by Lauren Oliver.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Delirium

message 29: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) yesh.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

haha,i need to re-buy the boxed set too. mine are old and my dad spilled his coffee on the Titan's Curse book

message 31: by Sam (last edited Jun 10, 2012 03:17PM) (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) Kelsey a.k.a. BOOK GODDESS wrote: "haha,i need to re-buy the boxed set too. mine are old and my dad spilled his coffee on the Titan's Curse book"

:P they're too good to not have pretty, perfect copies for your reading. they have a hardcover boxed set now, which is AWESOME.

message 32: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Your turn Kelsey