Christian Historical Fiction discussion

ONE FREE REVIEW COPY OF MY 16TH CENTURY ROMANCE

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 17 comments El Rey A Novel of Renaissance Iberia by Ginger Myrick I am looking for someone interested in reading my novel to assess its suitability to be cross-categorized as Christian literature (and maybe a group read!) It is a 'clean' romance w/no graphic descriptions of sex, only allusions to the act. It spotlights the journeys of several characters who seek a personal relationship with God in a society dominated by the Roman Catholic Church. It is only available in Kindle format, but Amazon has free apps available so that one can read it on any type of computer, iPads, iPhones, Blackberrys, etc. Anyone interested can read an excerpt here on Goodreads to see if they might enjoy it.

I have to warn you all that is it a bit lengthy (about 500 pages in printed form) but not overly so for a person who normally reads in the genre. I will give the copy to the first person who clearly states their interest in this thread. Thank-you all for the platform.

message 2: by Iola (new)

Iola (iola_goulton) | 7 comments Yes please - I read and have read a lot of historical fiction, both Christian and non, and would be delighted to read your book. You can have a look at my review website at www.christianreads.blogspot.com. I have to say that there is nothing there that really fits your description, as Christian fiction over the last 10 years or so has focussed on the 19th century. However, Gilbert Morris had an excellent series where a couple of books covered this period.

message 3: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 17 comments Hi, Iola! Thanks for responding so quickly. If you will be so kind as to send me a private message with your email address, I will forward you the copy.

message 4: by Iola (last edited Feb 27, 2012 03:31PM) (new)

Iola (iola_goulton) | 7 comments Thank you.

Can you please tell me:
- publication date
- list price
- publisher
- is it available on Amazon, Smashwords etc?

message 5: by Ginger (last edited Feb 28, 2012 06:26AM) (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 17 comments The email should be arriving soon. I'll also send the other information you requested. Thanks, Iola!

message 6: by Iola (new)

Iola (iola_goulton) | 7 comments Hi Ginger

Book and information received - thank you very much. I'll email you directly when I post my review.

message 7: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 17 comments Only as long as it's a good one!

message 8: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
Well I guess I missed that by three hours!

- MJ
www.ChristianHistoricalFiction.com

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne (spartandax) | 41 comments It sounds wonderful, I put it on my to-read list. It is reminiscent of "Captain from Castile" by Samuel Shellenbarger, one of my favorite all time books. It may be a while, unfortunately for me because the kindle price is a bit steep for me.

message 10: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 17 comments Anne (and anyone else who is interested!)

Thanks so much for your response. I will be doing a guest post and giveaway on historical-fiction.com. I'm not sure of the date, because I gave my hostess the liberty to post it where it best suited her schedule. I asked her to let me know ahead of time so that I can pass the word along. I will definitely follow through with that. I'm still trying to figure out how to issue a discount code (or if that's even a possibility.)

If you haven't already done so, the first six chapters are available for free preview here and at Amazon (just click on the bookcover)

http://www.amazon.com/El-Rey-Renaissa...

I may work on an informal giveaway of my own (as Goodreads doesn't consider them for ebooks) and again, I will inform the interested.

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne (spartandax) | 41 comments Thank you. I am on Social Seciruty and get most of my books from the library or Kindle where I have a $2.oo liomit.