Pure (Pure, #1) Pure discussion

Mysterious Black Boxes

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hannah This book was really good, but kind of a slow read. What do you think? Also, what do you think the black boxes at the end of the book are about? And, I still don't understand why they used Pressias butterflies for the cover instead of like a dragonfly-which would make more sense.

Dani I really enjoyed this book! I was hooked from the beginning. I am intrigued by the black boxes that kept surfacing at the end. I don't know about a dragonfly for the cover but maybe a cicada like the ones that led her to her mother. The butterfly was important during the intimate scene between pressia and bradwell that was super sweet. Interested to see what the rest of the series brings.

Nessa Blankenbaker It's definitely a different take on post-apocalyptic life. I found myself wondering what it would feel like to be fused to objects, and other people.. What kind of life that would be..
I'm in agreement about the cicada, but I think that the butterfly was used for it's symbolism.. Note the the butterfly on the cover is inside the dome.. and then look at the back picture. It's Pressia's butterfly perched on the outside of the dome. A subtle detail that is easy to miss.

Dani I just stumbled upon the next book in the series' book cover. Interesting! Check it out. Feb. 19, 2013 is the release date!!

http://elderrep.wordpress.com/2012/05...

Dani Vanessa wrote: "It's definitely a different take on post-apocalyptic life. I found myself wondering what it would feel like to be fused to objects, and other people.. What kind of life that would be..
I'm in ag..."

Shoot...I already took the book back to the library so can't check out the difference from the front and the back. I didn't notice it before. Good looking out :)

Jenna This book was incredible, though I do agree with Hannah that it was a bit slow in some places.

The new cover is beautiful, am I sensing a Bradwell connection? In any case I'm very exctied :)