We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

The Folder of Higher Education > Kindle Question

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (last edited Feb 27, 2012 01:46PM) (new)

Heidi | 871 comments Not sure if this is where it goes...but, can I load a document from my computer onto my kindle? For some reason I remember thinking that I could. If anyone know how could you PM or post here how I do it?

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments Yes, you need to use the cable that came with it that hooks up to your computer. Also the document needs to be in the proper format.

message 3: by Heidi (last edited Feb 28, 2012 07:45AM) (new)

Heidi | 871 comments Ok what format? I actually think I did this one when I first got the kindle, but I'll be damned if I recall how! or maybe I was imagining I did. Hahaha

message 4: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments I'm not sure, but I downloaded some books from other sources requesting it be in kindle format and was able to upload it. One was the free short story Ilona Andrews offered at Christmas. She had detailed instructions on how to do it. I'm not sure if they still exist and they didn't really say how to reformat anything. Try googling how to reformat a file for the kindle. You might find something.

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments ok thanks

message 6: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) Heidi, go to Amazon>Kindle Books>Manage My Kindle. There is help offered there including videos on how to do what your asking for.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments Thanks Marilyn!

message 8: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) No problema. For me, videos are the best.

message 9: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments KINDLE

For doc files that do not use WiFi, but instead are transferred via a micro UBS sync cable.

Link to Amazon: Downloading, Streaming, and Transferring Files to Kindle Fire

Using this same info, two days ago I transfered a library Kindle book that could only be transferred via a micro UBS sync cable.

Today I transferred burned CDs to my Kindle Fire via the same micro UBS sync cable.

• Connected cable between computer & Kindle Fire.
• Transferred files onto my 'desktop'.
• Dragged & dropped them to my doc folder on my KF storage icon.
• Pressed 'disconnect' command on KF screen.
• Disconnected cable.

See, you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Lisa Kay's Happy Dance
[image error]