Potpourri Picks discussion

General > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (puddingduck) | 22 comments Mod
Let us know your name, your favourite books or authors, and anything interesting you'd like to share about yourself or your reading. :]

message 2: by Adriana (last edited Feb 28, 2012 08:48PM) (new)

Adriana I'm Adriana. My two top favorite books are:
Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson and A Week in the Woods by Andrew Clements
Other favorites of mine are:
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan The Chocolate War (Chocolate War, #1) by Robert Cormier Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
Wringer (reissue) (HarperClassics) by Jerry Spinelli How Not to Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler You Don't Know Me by David Klass My Side of the Mountain (Mountain, #1) by Jean Craighead George
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson Peak by Roland Smith Hatchet (Hatchet, #1) by Gary Paulsen
Skate by Michael Harmon The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley
I HEART: Neal Shusterman, Rick Riordan, J.K. Rowling, Robert Cormier, and Michael Buckley
I love YA and children's/middle school books. I'll read most genres.

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Adriana wrote: "I'm Adriana. My two top favorite books are:
Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson and A Week in the Woods by Andrew Clements
Other favorites of mine are:
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (werewings) | 4 comments Mod
Hello! Co-Mod Nikki here~ I'm excited to have a book club :3 I love reading, obviously, and it's hard to join a book club where you're not sure if you'll actually enjoy the book that's chosen. So, this was made :D
I like almost everything, but my heart is set on Fantasy/Paranormal/Sci-fi.

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I also love Fantasy/Paranormal/Sci-fi. Planning to read Paranormalcy soon (:

message 6: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gretchasketcha) | 4 comments Hi! I'm Gretchen. I love fantasy and realistic fiction. Some o my favorite authors are: Rick Riordan, Diane Duane, JK Rowling, Neil Gaiman, Nicholas Sparks, Eoin Colfer, and many many more. I love reading and plan to be an English teaching some day!

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahx09) | 2 comments Hello, I'm Leah. I will read almost anything if it fits into my interests. Favorite book of all time is The Catcher in the Rye.

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Hello, Gretchen and Leah! Thanks for introducing yourselves. Welcome to the group.

I hope you'll get involved in reading. Our current reads have just started, so you can definitely join in with either or both of them.