Around the United States in 52 Books discussion

General Discussion > Falling behind

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lesli (new)

Lesli (lesmel) | 70 comments Mod
I didn't think I would ever say this, but I am falling further and further behind in my reading. I've discovered I don't like having a prescribed list of reading. How about everyone else?

message 2: by Coralee (new)

Coralee | 4 comments I found myself feeling guilty for reading a book not on one my challenge lists which is stupid. So I've decided if I want to read a book and its not on my list I'm just going to read it. Silly to be stressing about something that is supposed to be a fun hobby. If I don't read everything I've planned, oh well. There is always next year. I think we need to be a bit flexible.
Just my two cents.

message 3: by Lorifog (new)

Lorifog Oh definitely...same here!! I joined this challenge for fun but i know I could never stick to 52 books in a year...I might be able to read that many but I want them to be of my choosing. So, as I go along I will add one or two here and there. Reading should be fun and escape !

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Huston (telynor) | 31 comments I agree. It's one of the few things in this world that we are completely able to choose without guilt. I've managed to get four reads on the list so far, but then, I'm wading through four challenges this year. I must be mad.

message 5: by Lorifog (new)

Lorifog LOL As long as they don't take hold of your choices it's all good! What other challenges are you doing? I'm always up for a challenge :)

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Huston (telynor) | 31 comments Lessee, Around the World in 52 books, Royalty 12 for 2012, Around the US in 52 books, and 12 for 2012. There is some overlap here and there, but not a lot.

message 7: by Coralee (new)

Coralee | 4 comments I didn't think I could stick to a list of 52 books so I made my challenge for 20 in the year. That gives me a little more freedom which I'm enjoying.

message 8: by Lorifog (new)

Lorifog Chelsea wrote: "I've completely given up. I am going to read what I feel like reading. If it fits a challenge, fine; if it does not fit somewhere, so what? I need spontaneity. If I am bound to a 'must read this fo..."

Chelsea, no need to necessarily give up...I read whatever I feel like reading at any given moment but yet I join the challenges. I don't read at the same rate ( like a book a week) for any particular challenge but it does allow me to read my light stuff and also expand my reading a bit. :)

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Huston (telynor) | 31 comments Read what you want to. I'm trying to stick to the list, but if I don't, I don't. But I do agree that these challenges expanding my range of topics, and that's always good.