Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Do you LOVE this book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Teresa I LOVE this book. I also LOVED Hunger Games.
The question is: Do you LOVE this the same or more than Hunger Games?

Kyle I loved the entire series. I don't know if I could pick a favorite out of the three, because there are pros and cons to each. But ultimately I would say I love all three equally.

message 3: by Teresa (last edited Feb 27, 2012 01:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teresa I'm reading the second book, on page 226. I LOVE this book. I was sad when the first one ended.
This one seems like it's got a lot more things going on. My most favorite Characters are Katniss, Peeta, and Gale. I HATE President Snow. That man is eerie. It would scare me to meet a man like that. I would probably pee on myself or something.
It seems that Katniss has a good head on her shoulders and she always has the right answers for people that say things to her, whether it be nice or mean.
Gail is a friend to Katniss through thick and thin, then goes off on his own, because he doesn't seem to be able to talk to her or want to be around her, because she has a love for Peeta.
Peeta is sweet too. Katniss and him seemed to hit off, even though to me it seems that they were suppose have been two sworn enemies. They fell in love instead.
The book is very well written and explained very well, too.
The book has its sad moments, thinking about all the kids have to chosen to go to the Hunger Games. It is a Game of survival.
And it's a book about family, every day living, but not really having a life, because they're all videoed all the time.
Can you imagine a life like that? Waking up, doing the things that you do all day, then going to bed at the end of the day being videoed day in and day out?
On top of that not knowing what you will face each day.
I couldn't imagine ever living a life like that, not that I think we would have to.
But still the book has its sad moments. It's kind of depressing to think about a life like that.
There should always be love, not hate in this world of ours.

Christina i loved this book better than the other books. i don't know why, I just feel like it gave more detail about the uprising, and I feel like the middle of a series is always the best. The best adventure happens then.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i kinda love this book

Leslie I think I liked this one best but it's really hard to say. You know, I think of them as one long epic novel that was just broken into three volumes for ease of handling.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven:t read this book but i am dyin too !!! Every library requests are full and are all checked out expecially at schools

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have hurd so many good things about it and I had never hurd of it till I saw the preview in while at the movies with my friends I am not going to see it till I read the book!!! Do you think that:s wise?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds so good I wish there was a way I could get to it i crave it like ice cream on my diet

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

It is so tempting but all the online bye:s and everything are so expensive it is in season it:s so POPULAR!!!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I tryed but like I said it:s lots of money !!! And the library all checked out i requested but there is already 200 of them so I will get it like in 3 years

message 12: by Teresa (last edited Feb 28, 2012 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teresa Valery wrote: "I tryed but like I said it:s lots of money !!! And the library all checked out i requested but there is already 200 of them so I will get it like in 3 years"
moodynamer:hunger games trilogy. Just do a Google Search for this. You will be able to read all three books. I would Bookmark it, though.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Tereasa wrote

hunger games trilogy

What is that?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

By the way gies I would love it so much if you guys could check out the story I am writing it:s like a monoglue script I hope you like it , it is in the creative writing it:s called The long Falll

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

woops The Long Fall

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Teresa wrote: "Valery wrote: "I tryed but like I said it:s lots of money !!! And the library all checked out i requested but there is already 200 of them so I will get it like in 3 years"
moodynamer:hunger games ..."

whats that

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Shannon wrote: "Valery wrote: "I tryed but like I said it:s lots of money !!! And the library all checked out i requested but there is already 200 of them so I will get it like in 3 years"

lol hope you find a cop..."

Thanks

message 18: by Teresa (last edited Feb 28, 2012 03:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teresa Valery wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Valery wrote: "I tryed but like I said it:s lots of money !!! And the library all checked out i requested but there is already 200 of them so I will get it like in 3 years"
moodyname..."

You just type in moodygamer:hunger games trilogy

MAY YESSSSSSSSssss! THG rock!!!! MY FAVORITE BOOKS IN THE WORLD! DOWN WITH THE CAPITAL! LOL :)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Teresa wrote: "Valery wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Valery wrote: "I tryed but like I said it:s lots of money !!! And the library all checked out i requested but there is already 200 of them so I will get it like in 3 y..."

Oh I am kind of confused but okay where do i type it in ?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh I know what you mean thank you!!

Teresa Valery wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Valery wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Valery wrote: "I tryed but like I said it:s lots of money !!! And the library all checked out i requested but there is already 200 of them so I will get..."
On your computer. Do a Google search.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Teresa wrote: "Valery wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Valery wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Valery wrote: "I tryed but like I said it:s lots of money !!! And the library all checked out i requested but there is already 200 of the..."

Alright, thank you!!

message 24: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie yes i lllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv the book

Lostshadows Overall, I really loved the series, but I found this book a bit too much of a retread of what happened in the first book.

Marisa I liked this book but I freaking hated the ending! It made me so mad! I think I threw the book across the room. haha

Daniel Heaphy i liked it as it explored katniss's personalty more.
yet, i felt more scenes could be added as it slightly drags

Daniel Heaphy Marisa wrote: "I liked this book but I freaking hated the ending! It made me so mad! I think I threw the book across the room. haha"

Hahahaha i no a big cliff-hanger

Seaspray13 This was my favorite book out of the three! <3333

Jaclyn Lore - Edwards YES I LOVE THIS BOOK! THIS BOOK IS MY FAVORITE BOOK OUT OF THE WHOLE SERIES! THIS BOOK IS MORE THAN JUST A BOOK, IT IS AN IMORTANT DOCUMENT OF AMERICA AND SHOULD NEVER BE DETROYED!!!! haha

Britney Smart i really love this book it is awesome and is not predictable at all.

Stephanie Yeah, I loved it slightly more than the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games was like setting the plot, I think, for the rest of the books. When this one came, it was like the climax of the series, and it was incredible! It was the stories all Catching Fire. (:

message 33: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle awesome! loved it a lot more than mockingjay

Marden Zelaya OF COURSE!!!...IS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS

message 35: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle yup:)

Karin Alexandersson I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! and the hunger games

1. catching fire
2. Hunger games
3. Mockingjay

Dont like mockingjay that much it's so rushed :( I got real disappointed reading it

Melanie Loved the triology! I was very disappointed the with ending of the final book. :( It's as if the author got tired of writing and just stopped.

Black Queen I love every second I read these three books!!:D I just can not wait for the movie to come out 18 more days to go..:D

message 39: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna YES!!!!!!!!!!! Catching Fire was my favorite book in the whole series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter It's my favourite book in the series.
I guess my intense love for Gale Hawthorne has a small part in that ;)
haha but nah it actually was great. I really enjoyed it. We got to see the love triangle develop and did i mention we got introduced to that sexy tribute who goes by the name Finnick Odair? :D

Abbie YESSSSSSS! I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Teresa Nfdavid wrote: "I thought Catching Fire was the worst in the series, but not as bad as some say. No real character bond (too many too soon?) + unnecessary recalls from the first."
What do you mean the worst book? You've got to be kidding me. Really? I don't agree. I LOVE this book, better than the first one.

Sawyer Zundel Who doesn't love this book?

message 44: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya Weisman I love the trilogy, and Catching Fire is my favorite :)

Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Shannon wrote: "Amanda wrote: "It's my favourite book in the series.
I guess my intense love for Gale Hawthorne has a small part in that ;)
haha but nah it actually was great. I really enjoyed it. We got to see th..."

Same! I hope they get it right :) who do you think should play him?

Sydney Carlson I love Catching Fire more than The Hunger Games. I think this because I feel The Hunger Games was more predictable. You pretty much knew that Katniss was going to win, but Peeta was just an added bonus. I feel the writing improves as Catching Fire goes on. The beginning was pretty slow though and I do not think the climax of the story was until they get called for the Quarter Quell. After this it got very exciting. I was not expecting them to have to go back to into the games but I did read the inside flap of Mockingjay so I almost knew that they were going to escape some how. When they met the people that were trying to get to District 13 I could tell that this was foreshadowing. I love Catching FIre the best!!

Elizabeth Fraas Personally, I liked the Hunger Games better than any if the other books in the series. I felt like the beginning if Catching Fire was slow, and would have to say I liked Mockingjay the least. I was extremely confused by the ending. Overrall, I loved the whole series! I'm hoping to go to the premiere!

Michelle Garthe I enjoyed the Hunger Games but found the other two to be redundant. I got tired of the sameness and was glad when I finally finished the final chapter in the series. They read like a movie. The first one had me but I don't see why everyone is so in love with this triology. Just my two cents worth.

Zaira I love all three books but Catching Fire was my favourite!!

Isabelle I loved this book

« previous 1