Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3; Mercy Thompson World - Complete #9)
This topic is about Fair Game
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived "Buddy Reads" > Fair Game, by Patricia Briggs; Start Date: March 6, 2012

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Feb 27, 2012 02:43PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments descriptiondescription

Fair Game, by Patricia Briggs

When the FBI request a pack consultant on a serial killer case they're following in Boston, Anna and Charles are sent in. They quickly realize that not only the last two victims were werewolves – all of them were.

Someone is targeting their kind. And if Charles and Anna can't get to the bottom of this mystery, they may be next...

❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

We are planning a “buddy read” of this one the day it comes out! We are so excited for this third in the Alpha & Omega series. Anyone is welcome to join in the discussion questions –some or all – or just pop in to say "Hi!"

EXPECT SPOILERS

Participants
CaroB
Lisa Kay
Megan
Heather

Lurkers

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

message 4: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Lina | 5563 comments I'm in!!

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Me too!

~Megan~ (megadee) Sign me up!

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments me too, me too!

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 04, 2012 07:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Just posted my review of Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs last night and have been talking with Regina about River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs and Fair Game (Alpha & Omega #3) by Patricia Briggs . This is what she & I wrote:
Regina: "Lisa Kay, are you reading the Alpha & Omega series? I think you are ..... I just read #3 in the Alpha & Omega series Fair Game and it spoils the ending of River Marked. I wanted to warn you in case you planned to read Fair Game before River Marked. :)"

Lisa Kay: "Thanks, Regina! Why did she do that? That's not good. Yes, I'm reading A&O - I actually read that series first. Drat! I have a "buddy read" coming up of Fair Game on the 6th! I better warn the group. I don't think I can catch up in this series before then."

Regina: "Yeah, in the first 20% Bran and Adam have a conversation and there is an explanation of what happened at the end of River Marked -- with all the ramifications of what happened. Then it is repeated again by another character in a different way. If you plan at all to read River Marked, I would hold off. River Marked is spooky like Bones Crossed is and I would hate for you to miss on the lead up to it. :) But I am guessing not everyone in your buddy read is reading Mercy. I think she did it to mark time and because there was cross involvement of characters from each book."
I'm going to try to catch up! If anyone wants to join me in the NBRC group, let me know. Warning: It will be fast and furious, though.

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Thanks for looking out for your fellow readers, Lisa Kay. I know that I don't plan on reading the Mercy series (I just didn't enjoy the 1st one much), but I know plenty of others do.

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Just as a general comment, I don't think our usual chapter split w/questions will work for this book as we're all reading to consume it in one sitting. =)

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Heather wrote: "Just as a general comment, I don't think our usual chapter split w/questions will work for this book as we're all reading to consume it in one sitting. =)"

Very true! What should we do?

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Maybe we should just regroup after reading and discuss what we liked/didn't like and general thoughts?

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Or put our thoughts/question under spoilers... with chapters listed. Example:

Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments That is if anyone comes up for air, LOL! I'll probably have my nose in the book for most of the day.

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Gosh, I hope it comes in time. My Rainshadow Road was late. Luckily, I had an ARE (someone else's) to start off the questions.

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Or put our thoughts/question under spoilers... with chapters listed. Example:

Chapter 3 [spoilers removed]"

That's a good idea. Not sure how much reality I'll be partaking in. lol

message 18: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina | 5563 comments lol! I hate it when X and Y do that!

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments FOFLMAO! Oh, Caro! You kill me!

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments CaroB wrote: "lol! I hate it when X and Y do that!"

lol

message 21: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina | 5563 comments is it time, is it time, is it time?????

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, I better go check again and see if my book has arrived. ☺

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 06, 2012 01:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Regina's interview with Patricia Briggs at Bad Ass Book Reviews - no spoilers! ☺

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Fair Game (Alpha & Omega #3) by Patricia Briggs which just arrived on my doorstep! I'm off to read it! So excited. ☺

message 25: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina | 5563 comments Just downloaded mine :-)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments I'm about 50% in so far. very good.

message 27: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments Heather, encountered any spoilers for the Mercy Thompson yet? I have the book but I'm afraid to start it :( :(

~Megan~ (megadee) I'm about to start!! Excited!!

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments I finished the book late last night. I know which part (referenced in Lisa Kay's note above) spoils the Mercy book and it would take away from it, but I'm not a big fan of those books so I didn't have a problem with it. I know that's absolutely no help. Sorry.
This book was great though and I didn't see the ending happening.

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yes, I loved this  !!

I think I could re-read it as a "buddy read" in a couple of days, if someone wants to help me with the questions.

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments I really enjoyed this one too, Lisa Kay! Not sure I'm ready to re-read it though, but I'll be happy to participate.

message 32: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Okay, I'll see if I can come up with some DQs for the first three or four chapters.

message 33: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina | 5563 comments I'm 60% through. It's good,, but i keep thinking there's something I'm missing.

message 34: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments How so, Caro?

message 35: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, you mean in solving the mystery?

message 36: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina | 5563 comments yep. and between Charles and Ana. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to stop reading and re-read the previous 3 again so I can get back up to scratch. I'll finish this chapter first.

~Megan~ (megadee) So, for all those who have finished and are Mercy fans as well, (view spoiler)

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, Megan, excellent question. (view spoiler)

message 39: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina | 5563 comments Excellent Question Megan! I hadn't thought of that! Now I'm worried about Uncle Mike and Zee and Yoyo Girl.

(view spoiler)

message 40: by Vi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vi | 592 comments Oh, you guys are killing me! Must.Not.Open.Spoiler.

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Vi wrote: "Oh, you guys are killing me! Must.Not.Open.Spoiler."

Sorry, Vi!

message 42: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments CaroB wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

CaroB, another great question. (view spoiler)

~Megan~ (megadee) I thought Charles said at one point (view spoiler)

message 44: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, yes, Megan. Excellent point! Charles did say that and I think you are right!

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments ~Megan~ wrote: "I thought Charles said at one point [spoilers removed]"

Agree with that. I read flashes of it, so that makes complete sense.

Jessi Overton (pixibell) | 72 comments I loved this book. I love how we see a different side of all the characters. I love how we finally find out how old Bran & by association Samuel are. I love-hate how the ending was. But what I love most is that I'm anticipating the next Mercy Thompson book because I have a feeling that these books are going to start crossing over!!!

~Megan~ (megadee) I had the same thought, Jessi! I love both series equally, so crossing over will make me very happy.

message 48: by Jessi (last edited Mar 27, 2012 01:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessi Overton (pixibell) | 72 comments Yep...Plus I've been wondering what else is there for Mercy alone so if these two series collide there's more fun for us.

message 49: by Lina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lina | 5563 comments I hadn't thought of that Jessi, you're right. I have to say I was "Meh" about the Mercy Thompson series until book three and then ended up reading the last three books in two weeks. It would be great to have the two series collide.

Jessi Overton (pixibell) | 72 comments Yep and I hope she goes that route I really do....From what happened in at the end of Rivermarked & Fair Game she has more than enough material to make it happen...But I'll be happy as long as we get more Samuel & Stefan in the next book.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.