Basically Books! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Former Group Read Suggestions > May Suggestions - Vampires / Werewolves

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 1628 comments Mod
We're running two themes each month. The themes are picked at random. Vampires and werewolves was the second theme picked.

Please suggest any books that include at least one vampire or werewolf character (or both)! If the book is available for 10€ (13 US dollars) or less on The Book Depository it will be in the running.

Keep in mind that we have already read a few books with vampires and werewolves: Vampire Academy, Shiver, Wolfsangel, City of Bones, Let the Right One In. If you suggest any of these, your suggestion will be ignored.

Over to you!

message 2: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 1628 comments Mod
NO-one is suggesting.. so i will.

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong
Changeling. by Steve Feasey by Steve Feasey
My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey

I could prob do more.. but then i may get tooooo carried away.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 29, 2012 05:49PM) (new)

Here are my suggestions:

Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance
The Passage (The Passage #1) by Justin Cronin
'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
I am Legend by Richard Matheson
The Strain (The Strain Trilogy, #1) by Guillermo del Toro
The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephsBookRetreat) | 10 comments Guess I'm next; These are part of a series, I think I have them in order, I found them for free~

The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1) by Nicky Charles
The Keeping (Law of the Lycans, #2) by Nicky Charles
The Finding (Law of the Lycans, #3) by Nicky Charles
Bonded (Law of the Lycans, #4) by Nicky Charles

message 5: by Olga (new)

Olga Godim (olgagodim) | 51 comments Blood Price or any other of the Blood series by Tanya Huff. She has an interesting vampire there, one of the first in urban fantasy.

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Unsworth (mamahathaway) | 82 comments Hello! I like the sound of this one-

Anno Dracula

by Kim Newman

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy The Morganville Vampire series (my favourite vampire series, better than Twilight series, I'd find)

And for the warewolf one: The Abused Warewolf Group, its a great read.

message 8: by Aoibhínn (last edited Mar 07, 2012 01:04PM) (new)

message 9: by Steve (new)

Steve Stranghoener (stevestranghoener) | 2 comments Please take a look at my new book, Murder By Chance: Blood Moon Lunacy of Lew Carew by Steve Stranghoener. Thanks

message 10: by Steve (new)

Steve Stranghoener (stevestranghoener) | 2 comments Murder by Chance Blood Moon Lunacy of Lew Carew by Steve Stranghoener

Please check this one out.

message 11: by Rea, Ghost (new)

Rea | 1992 comments Mod
I'm going to suggest a darker title: Twelve (The Danilov Quintet, #1) by Jasper Kent

message 12: by Rea, Ghost (new)

Rea | 1992 comments Mod
Just a note: the May suggestions topics will be locked at the end of this week. Until then, we're still taking suggestions!

The books suggested will be listed with sequential numbers then a random number generator will be used to pick 10 of these books.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd like to suggest a few books... Supernatural Assassin Black Velvet Volume 1Vampire Academy: The Graphic NovelVampire AcademyFrostbiteShadow KissBlood PromiseSpirit Bound
My daughter and I read these books and loved them so If you havent already, check them out.

message 14: by Rea, Ghost (new)

Rea | 1992 comments Mod
Hi Vina, we've already read Vampire Academy (http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5... I've added Supernatural Assassin to the list.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephsBookRetreat) | 10 comments I thought of a few more, they are more modern and things we can relate to
Blood Oath (Nathaniel Cade #1) by Christopher Farnsworth
and
The President's Vampire (Nathaniel Cade #2) by Christopher Farnsworth

the 3rd one comes out soon :-)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool, let me know what you think and what are your thoughts on VAmpire Academy?Rea wrote: "Hi Vina, we've already read Vampire Academy (http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5... I've added Supernatural Assassin to the list."

message 17: by Rea, Ghost (new)

Rea | 1992 comments Mod
I think I was fairly vocal in that thread. :) Basically I thought the books were fairly filler-heavy and had their redeeming features but I really disliked how the author didn't wrap up the series within the series. In fact, she introduced more new questions than she answered and that got on my nerves.

I did like Dimitri though. :)

message 18: by Jeshu (new)

Jeshu (jeshusauria) And we liked Christian.

message 19: by Amy *Waitforit* (new)

Amy *Waitforit* | 16 comments I'm going to second Anno Dracula as I read it last year and it was brilliant (and it will give me an excuse to read it again =p).
I'm going to suggest
Smoke and Shadows (Tony Foster, #1) by Tanya Huff (Vampire)
and
Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur (Werewolf and Vampire).

message 20: by Rea, Ghost (new)

Rea | 1992 comments Mod
Thank you all for you suggestions. This topic will now be locked. The poll will be open on April 1st.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.