Christine E. Schulze Fans discussion

General Discussion > One-sentence Story-time!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Schulze | 74 comments Mod
So, this is one of those chain-story things where I start with 1 sentence, the next person adds 1 sentence, and so on. Yes, it's just something silly to pass the boring, slow crawl of time...

Well, I shall start:

Several months after having amassed the jeweled shard and returned the world of Lycar to order, the renowned but young hero, Vinny, decided it was time for a new adventure.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Okay, I'll do this...I play a modified version of this with my sisters all the time. ;)

And so he set out, wearing only the clothes on his back, his only weapon being his famous, two-handled broadsword, Brightsteel.

message 3: by Christine (new)

He decided first to travel to the village of Yon, just beyond the border of the Craft Woods where he dwelt, hoping he might meet his good old companion, Elsmith, at the local pub.

message 4: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments He had lots of memories at that pub, But only one stuck out, the one where he met her.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (momblogger) | 5 comments Upon reaching the pub, he was saddened to learn that Elsmith had just left on a dangerous quest to retrieve a sacred object in the far North.

message 6: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments What would he do at the pub now that his friend was gone? So distracted by his thoughts he didn't notice the girl at the back of the pub.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) She stood in the shadows, her long brown hair falling into her face, silently watching, fingering the dagger in her sleeve.

message 8: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments He didn't notice until he was at the bar that he felt eyes on him.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) She walked up to him, her footsteps soft and smooth as soon as he glanced her direction.

message 10: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments He sore her moving slowly towards him like she was cautious of her steps.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "Are you the famous hero, Vinny?" she asked, her voice quiet with a razor like quality to it.

message 12: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments "who's asking?" he look her up and down studying her wondering what she wanted.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "One who was sent to find him," she answered blandly, coming up and leaning on the bar beside him, her long black cape covering a lithe form.

message 14: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments "and who wand to find me" he questions not seeming to mind that he was being targeted

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) She smiled and said, "One who had been looking for you."

message 16: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments He looked at her obviously annoyed by her answer.
"why is he One looking for me"

message 17: by Christine (new)

"Because he is an old friend of yours...perhaps you were looking for him too, one Elsmith?" she asked, raising a brow, and Vinny's mouth dropped open a little, his full attention on her now.

message 18: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments "he said to meet me here, where is he?" he was a little worried now

message 19: by Christine (new)

"Well," the girl sniffed, lifting her head a little with unconcealed judgment, "if you'd come sooner, 'Great Hero,' you'd have seen him dragged away by the Shadow Guards, perhaps even been able to help him."

message 20: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments "where'd they take him? and thank you for your help" i was a;reay planing where they would take him a prison, maybe to a torture chamber, maybe somewhere quiet just to off him.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "Why should I know?" she said, glancing scornfully at him, "I was told to stay here and wait for you."

message 22: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments "Mission complete! I'm going after him you should stay here" he say moving to the door.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "Not likely," she answered, stepping beside him, "He still hasn't payed me yet."

message 24: by Christine (new)

Vinny rolled his eyes and took in a deep breath, hovering his hand over the coin purse in his pocket and considering whether to pay off this arrogant girl and be done with her or whether it might be more profitable to take her along; he fast grew weary of her, and his mind spun with the central thought of leaving this place as soon as possible to search for Elsmith.

message 25: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments "How about he pays you when he gets back?" he asked hoping to avoid paying her or bringing her along.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "How will I know I f he will do that?" she replied, glancing at his purse meaningfully, "And I don't want your money either, so you may as well accept that I'm coming with you, like it or not."

message 27: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments "is there a way I could change your mind?" he asked holding her green eyes.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) She shook her head, "No, not really," she said firmly, "I'm coming with you; get that straight."

message 29: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments "Fine!" he snapped at her
"Did you sere where they went?"

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) She nodded, "Yes, they headed north last I saw, oh, and I'm Ryla."

message 31: by Yazzy (new)

Yazzy (yazzy101) | 24 comments "And you know who I am?"
"good let's go!"

message 32: by Christine (new)

With that, Vinny grabbed Ryla's hand and hurried her from the loud, raucous pub, eager to unravel the mystery of Elsmith's disappearance and to rescue him as soon as possible.

message 33: by Karen (new)

Karen (trierchick) | 3 comments Walking out of the Pub, Vinny turned again to Ryla, looking her over from head to toe, wondering just why he always ended up with the beautiful, but deceitfully wicked girls as his traveling companion, it just didn't seem to matter where he was or why.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "What?" she asked, catching his glance, "I'm not going to murder you in your sleep or anything like that, relax."

message 35: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 17 comments I'll true it's just different having some one to travel with.

message 36: by Christine (new)

"So...any idea at all where these Shadow Guards dragged Elsmith off to?" Vinny asked as he and the girl sifted through the busy, bustling streets of Yon, heading towards the Craft Wood.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) "Not the slightest bit of a clue," she replied cheerily, tossing her hair out of her eyes, "Although I heard someone else say that they might take him to a dungeon of some sort; maybe it would be a good idea to check all those first."

message 38: by Alegna (last edited Jul 26, 2012 09:28PM) (new)

Alegna (bkwrm4life) | 5 comments As he jumped back onto his saddle, Vinny turned towards Ryla, "Look, I don't know how long this will take getting to Elsmith or how dangerous this will be so for the last time, and I mean the last time, you sure you want to come along... little girl?"