KBF Irregulars discussion

KBF Irregulars group read category list

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) I''m just putting this scheduled/list up here, since it will get buried on the kindle book forum.

March: Mystery
April: Fantasy
May: Classic
June: Young Adult
July: Romance
August: Best Seller
September: Literary fiction
October: Horror (not too scary)
November: Thriller
December: Award winner

Again, I'm not completely attached to these categories. Let me know what you all think.

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) time to start brain-storming on fantasy I think ;)

message 3: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) I love fantasy. It's one of my favorite genres.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i'm getting ready to start one that might work, its under $7 on kindle right now and first in a series - The Blade Itself - have you read it? it got good audiobook reviews

message 5: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) Dee wrote: "i'm getting ready to start one that might work, its under $7 on kindle right now and first in a series - The Blade Itself - have you read it? it got good audiobook reviews"

I own it. Haven't read it. Along with 490-some-odd other books in the TBR pile.

Fortunately, I can hide those hoarding tendencies in an electronic device.

message 6: by Remi (new)

Remi | 7 comments I started Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings. You say April is fantasy month? Well, if I keep reading at my current pace, I'll be able to chime in some time next September.
Ugh.

message 7: by G. (last edited Feb 29, 2012 01:46PM) (new)

G. | 5 comments Mod
@Dee: I think this would be a good pick for next month. I have never read any of his books, but keep getting a lot of recs for this author. I have also received a lot of flak/surprise from fellow fantasy lovers who can't believe I have never read one of his books. He must be good, and I am very interested in this author.

message 8: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) I started the discussion thread for In The Blood on the forum, with a discussion schedule. FYI.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) G - i started it the other day and liking it so far...i'm doing the audiobook and only like 3 hours in, but its interesting and not so confusing a world that I can't track by listening

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i started a shelf in our group for our group reads, in case anyone wants to look back and see what we have done in the past ;)