College Students! discussion

Reading Goals/ Challenges > Spring/Summer 2012: Important Announcements and Updates

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
This thread is for important announcements, general information and updates throughout the challenge. We will be posting special twists and surprises as we did for the past challenges.

message 2: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Beks challenge is up. Different point of view. She suggested we read 2 books with different points of view on the same subject. It can be anything. I put down her two examples in the task list.

Happy Reading!

message 3: by Tami (last edited Mar 05, 2012 12:44PM) (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Several people were hoping to merge Group Reads into their challenge. So I thought I would look at the winners each month and let you know where I think they could fit in the challenge.

March:

5 points:

2. Summer Loving: The Bird Sisters takes place during summer and says there is some romance.

4. April Showers Bring May Flowers: The Bird Sisters has flowers on the cover.

7. Blind Date: I have never heard of the Bird Sisters before the nomination.

20 Points:

1. Group Read: always a given.

25 Points:

2. Hot and Cold: Hot: The Bird Sisters takes place during summer. Cold: A Game of Thrones, the cold is returning.

5. Ripped from the Headlines: A Game of Thrones would work for the fiction and you could read a non-fiction about global warming. I know it isn’t exactly the same, but the seasons are getting thrown off.

6. To be Continued..: A Game of Thrones is book 1 of the series, can read this and book 2.

8. Don't judge a book by its cover: I like the Bird Sisters cover and A Game of Thrones is okay, but this is subjective. If you like or hate the covers these could work here.

I will try to keep this up through the challenge, so keep checking. If others figure a different task for the books, I will update these as I go.

message 4: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
For a Twist:

If you start a past group read book THIS WEEK (July 8-14) you can substitute it for any book on the task list. If you are struggling with book 2 on a 2 book task this will work for the other book.

First, you will need to start the book this week (and hopefully finish it pretty soon too).
Second, post some comments in the Past Group Reads thread on the book you chose.
Third, make sure to mention this book swap when you post your points.