2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2012 > Book 1: Chapters 7-12 *may contain spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tatum (new)

Tatum | 459 comments Well... it just doesn't let up does it? It's so strange and yet it's told in such a believable sort of tone that it seems more easy to believe and picture than say... an aliens book or something. At least for me anyways.

How surprising that Peeta admits he has a crush on her. I kind of thought that he might, but were any of you surprised he admitted it in the interview like that? Do you think he did so to increase her chances of getting sponsors and help?

I am under the definite impression now that Cinna doesn't believe in the Capitol. Thoughts?

At the end of Chapter 12 Katniss hears Peeta with a group of kids who are ganging up on the others. I was surprised he'd be with them. Were you? Do you think maybe he has an ulterior motive to turn on them or to help keep Katniss alive? Is it more surprising considering he said he wouldn't want to lose himself in the Games?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (missie322) | 208 comments The whole crush thing caught me off guard. I was totally focusing on the "game".

Cinna really seems to care about the people while trying to do his job at the same time. Does he not believe in the Capitol? I'm not sure. I think he may think they are a little extreme but is absorbed in the whole excitement of it.

I think Peeta is just trying to stay alive, even if that means aligning with others he doesn't like. How could anyone be in that situation and not lose themselves?

message 3: by Johanna (new)

Johanna | 766 comments I can´t believe I´m already almost halfway through the book. It seems something has been happening all the time, but still I think the readers have been told enough about Katniss to know her a little.

I haven´t really been thinking about Cinna, except that I liked how he was with Katniss, maybe almost a friend already.

And for Peeta, ugh I have no idea what to believe of him. It was a surprise he admitted his liking, I did not see it coming. I just thought they´d fall for each other while getting ready for the games. I do hope it is only strategical for him to go with the others, but then again maybe it would make things more interesting if he did betray her? I´m saying this while I just want these two to be together :)

message 4: by Tatum (new)

Tatum | 459 comments There's certainly is a lot to think about as you read through the book isn't there? It doesn't get any less complex either let me tell you!