2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2012 > Chapters 7-13 *may contain spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn (katesar) I'm just at the point where Jake makes it back to the present. I almost thought maybe they weren't going to send him back at all! I'm interested to see what things he changed with his trip back.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I am about to start this section of the book! Very excited to see what happens next!

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I just finished this part. He made it back to the present. Jake again goes back to 1958 to stay there until 1963. This section seems a bit drawn out to me. We get a little bit of information about Lee Harvey Oswald, but not much.

Does anyone find it weird that he is able to adapt so many places so quickly? Apparently he is a really likeable guy or people were extremely trustworthy back in the 50s/60s. Most of the people in this section are like "George is our friend" from the first meeting...strange to me.

Also, I was shocked to find out at the end of this section that Jim LaDue is the Yellow/Orange/Black Card man!

message 4: by Beverly (new)

Beverly (bshrib) My favorite part of this section, and possibly the book so far was when Marnie Cullum asks George what he saved her husband from. I don't know why but those few lines just really struck me. I really like George/Jake and I love that he is the kind of person who decided to save someone just because.

I agree that this section was a little drawn out. There were some interesting moments, but it feels just like a waiting period and towards the end of the section I started to get a little bored.

Also, I don't know why, but I just have the feeling that we're going to run into someone that we shouldn't see again, like Frank Dunning or something. I mean I know he's dead, but it just felt too easy for me. I keep expecting him to show up somehow.