South Shore Readers discussion

Seductive Poison: A Jonestown Survivor's Story of Life and Death in the Peoples Temple
This topic is about Seductive Poison
Book Clubs- Past > Discussion: Seductive Poison

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 1107 comments Mod
Our March book is Seductive Poison: A Jonestown Survivor's Story of Life and Death in the People's Temple by Deborah Layton. This is a non-fiction book about the events at Jonestown.

You can join us at our meeting in Hingham the last Sunday in March or you can just post your thoughts here in this discussion topic.

Feel free to post about your reading progress and your thoughts on what you are reading. Also, post any links to interesting related material you may stumble across on the web.

I am picking up my copy of this at the library tomorrow...but I probably won't start reading it for at least another week and a half.

message 3: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy (nancy_m) | 39 comments If you get a chance, there was a tv movie called "Jonestown: Paradise Lost" that is an excellent docudrama of the last days of Jonestown and the aftermath.

Guyana Tragedy: Story of Jim Jones starring Powers Boothe will scare the bejeezus out of you. It might be available on VHS only though.

Melissa | 133 comments the documentary is good, but it really only gives a generalized view of the tragedy. Unfortunately, most of the witnesses are dead. hindsight is always 20/20

I've started this book but am not the far into it yet. I will hopefully get through it on my train rides this week so I'll have it completed in time for book club a week from today.

Joanie | 492 comments Mod
Hi friends, I'm still a maybe for today. I had surgery Monday on this massive hernia I had from my c sections and I still can't drive. Either my mom or my sister may be able to bring me but I have to wait and see what we can work with the kids too. Hopefully I'll see you guys later!

Hope you feel better! I can always drive you if you are up for it. and 3 screaming kids are better than 1....right??? ;)

Joanie | 492 comments Mod
Thanks Jess! I may take you up on the ride home.