New Jersey's Goodreads discussion

Guess That Town!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Joseph Daly | 3 comments Hi fellow New Jersians,

My name is Joe, I freely admit I was born, raised, and still reside in the Garden state.

I wrote a book called
Strange Town Volume One: The Woods Behind Trevor Malone's House

For those that know the book and to those that haven’t yet picked it up, (or as I like to refer to this second group of individuals as "evil people with no taste"), I put this challenge to you.

Name the real New Jersey town which the fictional town of West Granton is based on and you win the grand prize!

This shouldn't be too hard as there is a map on the first page of the book, which boasts actual street names, combined with the two words anyone attempting to get directions to grandmas house for thanksgiving, couldn't possible live without...MAP QUEST.

There it is people….Good luck…and god bless!

Joe

Oh yes if you ask me what the grand prize is before submitting an answer…you automatically disqualify yourself…(I’m sorry I don’t make the rules…I just enforce them, I will tell you that no where in the grand prize description do the following words/phrases appear: (“all expenses paid”, “new”, “exciting”, “valued at”, “plasma”, “High Definition”, or “spree”)

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris (incommunicado) Would that be beautiful Sparta, New Jersey, perhaps?

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Daly | 3 comments I am very impressed. You were very close. But I'm sorry to say you were totally wrong. I do live in beautiful Sparta New Jersey but the fictional town of West Granton was based on another NJ town. The grand prize is still up for grabs! In all seriousness I would love for you to check out my book, I think if you had a copy it might make guessing the town alot easier. Thanks INCOMMUNICADO!

message 4: by John (last edited Feb 23, 2008 09:44AM) (new)

John I have never heard of cheese made in NJ? Is it for Taylor Ham sandwiches?

My father's family has lived in the state since the 1600's; technically, I'm not a native having arrived at age 2 (for a 35 year stint!).

message 5: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Daly | 3 comments Hi John,

Wait a second, how do you know my book is cheesy? I mean, how do you know about the role cheese plays in my book? Did you read the book or did I mention the mystery that surrounds the cheese factory in my book's description?

NJ is known for a lot of thing and I agree cheese is not one of them.

Although the real NJ town, which fictional West Granton is based on, actually did have a cheese factory, just as in the book the neighborhood kids were always very suspicious of this small cheese factory and what really went on inside it. In the book the boys suspect that there are more then cheese making going on in the cheese factory, you'll have to read the book to find out what they discover there.

In reality the old cheese factory has been taken over by a super diet pill company (just as suspicious as cheese).

Whether or not you’ve read my book, I here by dub thee, an honorary New Jersey Native!

Congratulations John!

message 6: by John (new)

John I know who Uncle Floyd is - I think that's as "native" as one can get - LOL!