Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Reccommendations by Genre > Erotica ***18+Warning***

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments please post your kinky stuff here! well your book suggestions i mean :D

message 2: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments The first erotica i read i stumbled upon by mistake, a bought The Claiming of Sleeping beauty by Anne Rice at a car boot for 20p and was suitably shocked and recoiled in horror, i put it down then ten minutes later picked it back up and read the whole thing. While BDSM isn't my bag the sheer naughtiness had me hooked on erotica and i love to both read and write it.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 6 comments Nicola wrote: "The first erotica i read i stumbled upon by mistake, a bought The Claiming of Sleeping beauty by Anne Rice at a car boot for 20p and was suitably shocked and recoiled in horror, i put it down then ..."

I cut my teeth on those books, the whole series. And I purposely found them. Then I moved to Story of O. Wow, those were the days, the days of innocence, now I could write my own :)

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 6 comments This section is having a hard time getting started, so I will help. This is just going to be a general overview of what I can remember off the top of my head. As I think of different books or things to add about the ones I mention here I will elaborate. I love to talk about the books I read.

I started on Christine Feehan's Carpathian series. They are very romantic, with the whole 'soul mate' idea. But it is very well written, and she makes you want to follow and find out what is happening with the whole clan. Each book is about one particular couple. One of the things I like the most is she doesn't drag out the getting together of the couple. It's obvious and it happens quickly in most of the books. A couple of books takes a little time, but it's not the normal girl meets boy, they hate each other, fight their feelings and THEN they get together. That's just so expected. I like the way she does it. There is a lot of emotion in the stories, so they are very girlie books.

From her, I moved to Laurell K. Hamilton's Meredith Gentry series. They were ok enough for me to read them all, but I love the Anita Blake series, it's just hotter to be totally honest. And I think even some men would enjoy reading these. I like that Anita is having to learn who she is and accept herself for who she is. She just is not and can not be the sweet, pure little monogamous Catholic girl she was raised to be. She has to learn not to JUST accept herself and her sexuality, but to revel in it. And as she learns to accept herself she can accept others for who they are. I think it has a great life lesson in it if, you are at a place to learn it and accept it for yourself.

One of my faves though is Yasmine Galenorn. I love both of her series. They are very interestingly written and just plain hot. In the Otherworld Novels each book is written from one of three sisters point of view. I think that is a very interesting way to write a series. And one of the sisters is more sedate and monogamous in her romantic relationships, one is totally poly, and one is bi. So there is something for everyone.

Then Keri Arthur's big difference is that her werewolves go into 'moon heat'. There are clubs just for it too,and that is pretty hot. All of the different weres have their own proclivities. So, that is very interesting and different.

Each of these authors have good stories to go along with their great sex scenes, or I wouldn't read them. I grew up reading Robert Ludlum, Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes (the books not the author haha) SO I need some good mystery and action to keep my interest. As for action though, really Laurell K Hamilton has it hands down with Anita Blake, that girl can throw down.

Well, there's a start. Hope we can get this forum started.

message 5: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
Thanks for the help Melanie!

message 6: by Shira (new)

Shira | 8 comments I read Anne Rice's, I read the story of O (damn her for never finishing it!) and then I stagnated. I want well written erotica, damn it! I have this preconceived notion that erotica and well written books don't go together. I know it's a misconception, I'm sure there are plenty of kinky well written books, I just don't know where to find them. I've been on a mission to find myself some really good kink, though I'm still having trouble biting the bullet and actually buying them. In the meantime, I tend towards reading short story erotica to get my kink on.

message 7: by Adele, Moderator (new)

I loved Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen series. I also loved laurel k Hamilton's Anita Blake series and Merry gentry series.
And that is about my limit of erotica. However I have read several short stories by selina kitt....boy she will make you wet your panties! She has written a few m/f/f, f/f and a couple incest books, the incest ones ....not my cuppa tea so I steer clear of them(eww). But the others are really great.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (ljrobinson85) | 15 comments I love the erotica books too but just of m/f not really into all the other garb doesnt rock my boat. But a detailed man on women defo gets the imagination running :)

More detailed the better and these can range from vampire / fantasy to the casual billionaire... Not fancy the too detailed BDSM stories but Fifty Shades was just enough detail for me.. The erotic scenes were ace so thoroughly enjoyed this read...

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura (ljrobinson85) | 15 comments @Adele loved the Keri Arthur Riley Jensen books. read 2 of them years ago and need to get back into these. So many books to read in such short time lol

message 10: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Jul 09, 2012 04:47AM) (new)

BDDSM, threesomes orgys whatever. not fussed. i like them all. except for incest....i can't stand that.
i much prefer paranormal erotica.
but i will read others as well.
i pick up majority of my erotic reads from allromanceebooks.com
where do you find yours?

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (ljrobinson85) | 15 comments Adele wrote: "BDDSM, threesomes orgys whatever. not fussed. i like them all. except for incest....i can't stand that.
i much prefer paranormal erotica.
but i will read others as well.
i pick up majority of my..."

Is that site any good? I get mine from Amazon kindle store...

Sounds dirty lol but as long as they are erotic I dont mind what i read.. I never really tried reading too much BDSM but I dont think I like it.. When Christian took Ana into the playroom it didnt do anything for me apart from think no not for me so glad it didnt go into much detail on that.. But I guess I have to read a few more lol as long as not too painful...

message 12: by Adele, Moderator (new)

I love that site I think it is great for beginners to the genre. Also if you find the free book area there. You can download short stories for freeeeeee.
Just before you download you have to sign up and also check what the story contains ( if you want to avoid a particular subject matter).

message 13: by panda (new)

panda fifthy shades of gray

message 14: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Amanda wrote: "fifthy shades of gray"

Lol filthy......what about fifty shades of gravy.lol

message 15: by panda (new)

panda Adele wrote: "Amanda wrote: "fifthy shades of gray"

Lol filthy......what about fifty shades of gravy.lol"

u read the book? karen chance with her books

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I am reading Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James and Oh My!..

message 17: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Haven't read the book...yet. which Karen chance book are you talking about?

message 18: by Shira (new)

Shira | 8 comments I honestly have no interest in spending a penny on 50 SoG. I've heard it's everything that's kept me away from buying erotica for so long. Poorly written, badly edited, flat characters... I look for the same thing in erotica I look for in any other novel. My interests are very diverse, so I can afford to be picky about writing quality.

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 10, 2012 01:04PM) (new)

Any one else think Fifty Shades of Grey has many similarities too Story of O?..

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura (ljrobinson85) | 15 comments Adele wrote: "I love that site I think it is great for beginners to the genre. Also if you find the free book area there. You can download short stories for freeeeeee.
Just before you download you have to sign u..."

I've had a look at the site but its in the us or can you change the settings to English?
Karen chance is a good author :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't read a lot of this genre, but I did recently read for free in the Kindle store, Bait and The Amulet. Both actually had great developing stories (predictable) and the subject matter was not over the top.

message 22: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Laura I am in Australia. I download the free ones all the time. When you sign up it treats it just like any other purchase except you are downloading straight away.
Oh and I have given in with the 50sog....reading it and still don't know what the hype is about. Maybe its because it has gone mainstream?

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura (ljrobinson85) | 15 comments Adele wrote: "Laura I am in Australia. I download the free ones all the time. When you sign up it treats it just like any other purchase except you are downloading straight away.
Oh and I have given in with the..."

I think so too. Though I enjoyed the book I have read plenty of them just like this story line and they didnt go mainstream... Guess it is just the look of the draw :/

message 24: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) Anna wrote: "I am reading Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James and Oh My!.."

Oh my gosh if I see one more Oh My in this novel I will surely scream hahaha I am currently just over half way through :D

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Shira wrote: "I honestly have no interest in spending a penny on 50 SoG. I've heard it's everything that's kept me away from buying erotica for so long. Poorly written, badly edited, flat characters... I look ..."

Shira I am starting to wish I hadn't I have had these books for a while, before or the hype started but it encouraged to finally pick it up... I am on chapter 17.. and quite frankly its getting hard work. There is only hints of a storyline so far and while I like Anastasia's battle between subconscious and inner goddess her herself.. its just getting repetitive.

message 26: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 26 comments I read the sample and wasn't overly impressed. I may buy a copy just to see what all the fuss is about, but I may not. There is better erotica around but to be far to the author she has obviously done something right as her book is a best seller.

message 27: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 26 comments Oh and there is 50 shades of Beige and 50 SoG and zombies:)

message 28: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 26 comments I have to say Unmasqued is good. I will post the link later as I cant really be searching for this stuff on the work PC;)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexandra wrote: "I read the sample and wasn't overly impressed. I may buy a copy just to see what all the fuss is about, but I may not. There is better erotica around but to be far to the author she has obviously d..."

Oh yeah don't get wrong she's definitely done something write.. and I wouldn't mind being a pound behind her but i just don't think its for me!.. I will look those others up as i am now intrigued :D

message 30: by Robin (last edited Jul 13, 2012 04:31AM) (new)

Robin Anna wrote: "Shira wrote: "I honestly have no interest in spending a penny on 50 SoG. I've heard it's everything that's kept me away from buying erotica for so long. Poorly written, badly edited, flat charact..."

I have been following this thread and well I am confused about a couple of things.
I have been reading PNR for a while which is not the same as erotica but to people who like readIng off the top best seller list or people who like to read what is hot all of a sudden everyone seems to be talking and smirking about 50 shades of grey.
Those are the same people who cast there eyes down when I say I love PNR? I just dont get it.
I just think more women are eager to read erotica and scenes that involve more than heavy petting but they are embarrassed to buy them.
Read them.
Now people can say " I wanted to know what the hype was"
I don't see why anyone really cares who reads what. I say enjoy what you read.
It is suppose to be fun.
Fun comes in many favors and colors. Maybe I am more open minded but these days with e books no one knows what you are reading anyway, so I say just read.
I. Have read some erotica books but I need some kind of a story line too.
That's why I like goodreads. I can read reviews and opinions before I get the book. I just love this website.

message 31: by Shira (new)

Shira | 8 comments Oh, I've developed a deep love of erotica, particularly of the D/s variety or BDSM. I've just plowed my way through Cherise Sinclair... and, oh my, I'm in love. I'm so glad she has plenty more in the works!

Cherise Sinclair

message 32: by Terab (new)

Terab  (fiddylover) After reading Fifty Shades almost 2 yrs ago really exposed me to a whole new genre! I love it. I recently read the following and really like: Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by CJ Roberts Be My Everything by Ella Jade and also Slave by Sherri Hayes. I think those 3 are my fav erotica books (aside from 50).

message 33: by Robin (new)

Robin Well i am not oppossed to reading scenes with BDSM but I dont know if I want to read awhol book with it. Although if it part of the character and the storyline may be cool. Like Dragon tatoo plus erotica (lol). You know what I mean.
A while ago I read a historical erotica which I loved. Corinthinions I am not sure of the title

message 34: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 6 comments Shira wrote: "Oh, I've developed a deep love of erotica, particularly of the D/s variety or BDSM. I've just plowed my way through Cherise Sinclair... and, oh my, I'm in love. I'm so glad she has plenty more in..."

WooHoo!!! I am excited to find something new to read. Thanks for this lead!!!!

message 35: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 6 comments Tera wrote: "After reading Fifty Shades almost 2 yrs ago really exposed me to a whole new genre! I love it. I recently read the following and really like: Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by CJ Roberts[bookcover:Be My Everyth..."

Yay!!! Some more new leads, thanks bunches girls!!!

message 36: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 6 comments I was always very opposed to romance books because of how predictable and weak they were, but then I discovered PNR (which I am assuming is paranormal romance)adventure, intrigue, danger and mystery and HOT STEAMY SEX!!!!! I always read espionage or mysteries like Robert Ludlum. Then I opened my mind up to Sci/Fi and Fantasies, which led me to paranormal. I don't think I have read much other erotica, but HEY I'm open. If y'all recommend some good stuff I'll look into it. But I will say, I have my own bent to BDSM.

50 Shades is really the first straight romance I read since i was a teen and it was only for the BDSM. I really liked it because she has a GREAT take on the actual mindset of both sides. She did an excellent job of relating the actual emotions and psychology involved that makes the sex so stimulating and fulfilling.

I'm glad this forum is getting some interaction going, I've gotten some great leads for myself.

message 37: by Shira (new)

Shira | 8 comments Melanie wrote: "Shira wrote: "Oh, I've developed a deep love of erotica, particularly of the D/s variety or BDSM. I've just plowed my way through Cherise Sinclair... and, oh my, I'm in love. I'm so glad she has ..."

Now I just have to find something new to read!

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Carlstrom | 1 comments 50 Shades does get better! It starts out slow, but if you don't like master slave or bdsm then DO NOT Read it. I quite enjoyed it once it got through her battling. Though remove the bdsm and change the names to Bella and Edward and it's pretty much Twilight. He can't stay away from her but she shouldn't be near him. The erotica was good story line kinda stolen...

message 39: by Robin (new)

Robin Jennifer wrote: "50 Shades does get better! It starts out slow, but if you don't like master slave or bdsm then DO NOT Read it. I quite enjoyed it once it got through her battling. Though remove the bdsm and change..."

Ok now I have to read it

message 40: by Caren (new)

Caren | 4 comments I read mostly Vampire books but after hearing so much about 50 Shades of Grey I had to check them out. I loved all three books and I also thought it had a good story line. I am now looking for a new series like 50 SOG but paranormal related! Any suggestions

message 41: by Melanie (last edited Jul 17, 2012 09:16PM) (new)

Melanie | 6 comments Caren wrote: "I read mostly Vampire books but after hearing so much about 50 Shades of Grey I had to check them out. I loved all three books and I also thought it had a good story line. I am now looking for a ne..."

Have you read Christine Feehan? I've read all the Carpathian series, sweet, romantic, hot, and some action. Keri Arthur, has a pretty hot series and lots of action. But Yasmine Galenorn REALLY HOT and lots of action!!! Those are all paranormal, but I like JD Robb alot too. It's Nora Roberts alternate pen name. Great thrillers, set a few years in the future, and the relationship is HOT!!!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer wrote: "50 Shades does get better! It starts out slow, but if you don't like master slave or bdsm then DO NOT Read it. I quite enjoyed it once it got through her battling. Though remove the bdsm and change..."

hehe I really don't have problem with BDSM, I just think its dull "all sex no nickers" and usually have no issue with erotica.. However I get the bella and edward thing and really dislike twilight (sorry folks). So maybe that is why it isnt going to well.

message 43: by Vivi (new)

Vivi keramar (vivigr) | 8 comments when you start reading erotica is difficult to go back to romantic novels you just want it all!!!

message 44: by Robin (new)

Robin Melanie wrote: "Caren wrote: "I read mostly Vampire books but after hearing so much about 50 Shades of Grey I had to check them out. I loved all three books and I also thought it had a good story line. I am now lo..."
ooo sounds so good. I did one on audio pricey but so fun.While I am on the eliptacal i listen to the hot scenes talk about getting you going LOL

message 45: by Robin (new)

Robin Vivi wrote: "when you start reading erotica is difficult to go back to romantic novels you just want it all!!!"

Funny I think I would find them missing something. I find some of th PNr book like BDB have great scenes in them too.

message 46: by Robin (new)

message 47: by Vivi (new)

Vivi keramar (vivigr) | 8 comments if depents on what you choose i agree that there are great scene in some books

message 48: by Laura (new)

Laura (ljrobinson85) | 15 comments Alexandra wrote: "Oh and there is 50 shades of Beige and 50 SoG and zombies:)"

there is a lot of Fifty Shades out there :)

message 49: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 26 comments yeah. Nothign like a bandwagon to hop onto:)

message 50: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Lol so true.. i f you a search for just fifty shades it brings up all the parodies.

« previous 1