What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Fiction book about heaven being the moon and the sun being hell?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Feb 26, 2012 10:42PM) (new)

Chris | 7 comments i had to read this book for my ninth grade english class, and ive wanted to read it again but cannot for the life of me remember the name. it wasnt a very long book, i believe the cover is grey and had a picture of some sort of space type illustration. it is a fiction novel. im assuming it was intended for a young adult reader.

i dont remember alot about the book, but it basically discussed the theory that the sun was hell and the moon was heaven. It was not a religious type book.

I'd really love to read it again. Hopefully someone knows what im talking about.

Thanks for any assistance.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris | 7 comments btw, this was a modern novel, not an old book.

message 3: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments Not exactly sure what you mean by "abstract book..."

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris | 7 comments sorry. guess that was the wrong term. i guess i was just meaning it was an article of fiction, and not actually a book of theory. I don't know if you'd call it a sci-fi type book though.

I really wish i could remember more.

message 5: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments Tossing this out, but I doubt it is it. Could it be one of C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy?

Out of the Silent Planet

It's the only one I could think of offhand that has a heaven/hell view of space. The sun might be hell because it's a danger later on to them, while mars, not the moon, is close to heaven for Ransom. It's also something that might be on a high school classics list.

If not, I'll keep checking. Do you think it was a realistic fiction novel where the characters just talked about it, or did they actually travel to or do something about it?

message 6: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 158 comments Long shot, but maybe something by Carl Sagan?

message 7: by Dian (new)

Dian Isaac | 1 comments I think I may know the one, here is a link

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Myths_o...

may the gods shine down upon you

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Chris, are you still looking for this book?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
No response. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Out of the Silent Planet (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carl Sagan (other topics)