Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

did you like the ending?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jayme I liked the ending but i felt that Katniss sort of drifted away from everyone else after the took the capitol. like you never hear about johanna again and she drifts away even more from her mother after prim's death, and annie except for the news about her baby.I was happy that peeta ended up with katniss but gale didnt exactly get a happy ending. there where too many deaths too!!! :( i understand some were nessasary but others werent like finnick :(
I want to know how you felt about the ending!
Please post! :)

Dannielle HATED it. I got NO sense of Closure, and it's been eating me up ever since I finished the book. So Collins needs to write another book. It doesnt need to be as plot heavy, but instead split into various sections:

1st Section: Haymitch's life afterwards (20 years)
His point of view

2nd: Peeta & Katniss's life, both POV's (20 years) But THIS time, I want much more information. The epilogue tanked

3rd: Gale. (20 years) his POV. My heart broke when Katniss disconnected from him, & I was left in the dark to basically imagine how his characters life would be. Not fun.

4th: Annie. Finnick's Death was so tragic, so I would love to see how she would have got along. (20 years) her POV.

Basically I HATE having to guess about characters. The unknown is terrible, and that's what I HATED about Mockingjay. Characters dont live outside their books, even if my imagination is powerful, I'll never be able to know for a fact how their live's really turned out. (specifically Gale)

message 3: by Jayme (last edited Feb 26, 2012 08:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jayme I know exactly how you feel! i felt sort of empty like the story was missing too much! i agree with you that she should make another book. i hate guessing the ending of other charaters too

Monica Although i didnt like this book it was just very boring, i had no problem with the ending. In a world of death, chaos, and lost i assumed the author wanted the reader to wonder for themselves how life would carry on after what they all went through. Almost like how the sopranos ended their tv series years ago.

Lorin✨ I agree, I wish Collins would write another book. I would love a few actually, from different characters but all through POV's.

I did like the book and the ending. But I wish i could find out more.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Dannielle wrote: "HATED it. I got NO sense of Closure, and it's been eating me up ever since I finished the book. So Collins needs to write another book. It doesnt need to be as plot heavy, but instead split into v..."

OMG TRUE

Courtney The ending just felt...empty. Not to mention that, as a major fan of Gale, I felt completely betrayed by him! What a way to just shove him out of the way for a happy ending with Katniss and Peeta. I was so dissapointed.

KareB Jayme wrote: "I liked the ending but i felt that Katniss sort of drifted away from everyone else after the took the capitol. like you never hear about johanna again and she drifts away even more from her mother ..."

I agree. Finnick's death was completely pointless. Too many lives were taken, the rebels should have lived after everything they had already endured. If more drama was needed, then injure Finnick making it challenging to save him, like it was challenging for him to save Katniss. But to kill him, pointless. Then to lose Prim too. Ugh! I thought the ending was rushed. It was almost like she needed to finish to a deadline or in a given amount of pages...just rushed and almost sloppy.

message 9: by Dannielle (last edited Feb 27, 2012 09:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dannielle Karen wrote: "Jayme wrote: "I liked the ending but i felt that Katniss sort of drifted away from everyone else after the took the capitol. like you never hear about johanna again and she drifts away even more fr..."

Perfectly said. I know she wanted to get a realistic point across, but killing people just for the sake of death in a story is NOT NEEDED. If she was going to kill Finnick, she needed to make sure his death amounted to something. Not just a, "Oh, how nice. Finnick just got his head bitten off. Let's move on."

Um, NO!

Courtney Dannielle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Jayme wrote: "I liked the ending but i felt that Katniss sort of drifted away from everyone else after the took the capitol. like you never hear about johanna again and she drifts awa..."

Exactly. Everyone was so cold and Finnick's death was most defiitely too short. No one acted sad over it, and he was one of my favorite characters :(

KareB Exactly Dannielle, they didn't even get a proper mourning

..another point that bothered me (not even close to Finnick's death though) was that we don't even get to be part of the trial at all. Who stood up for Katniss, what did they say? This definitely would have given us closure as far as Gale is concerned. I'm sure he spoke and protected Katniss. Again, just too rushed.

Dannielle Courtney wrote: "Dannielle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Jayme wrote: "I liked the ending but i felt that Katniss sort of drifted away from everyone else after the took the capitol. like you never hear about johanna again ..."

Mine too :(

I want a fourth book, combined with all of the character's POV's so we can see how their lives are. Especially Gale's, Peeta/Katniss & Annie

Jayme there seriously needs to be a fourth book from everyones POV

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 27, 2012 05:47PM) (new)

Nope. It didn't end with a bang which is what I thought it would do. It was "I still have nightmares, and Peeta and I are fine and the kids will learn and my life has sucked in the past and it sorta still sucks now but I'm not going to complain about it."
I thought Collins should have explained what happened to the Capitol, what became of the Hunger Games (other than they're just teaching kids about it in school), and what people who were in the other two books are doing thirty or twenty or however many years later. *gggrrr*
Anyway, that's just my opinion. I know people liked it and sorry if I said anything against what you think. :D

EDIT: By the way, I'm not totally sure about what my opinion is on a fourth book... Lets say this: If it's anything like Mockingjay, I don't want to read it. xD

Hannah MJ wrote: "Nope. It didn't end with a bang which is what I thought it would do. It was "I still have nightmares, and Peeta and I are fine and the kids will learn and my life has sucked in the past and it sort..."

WAIT THERE'S GOING TO BE A FOURTH BOOK!?

Also my opinion about the ended is that it was a piece of crap! lol only because she doesn't say what happens to Gale or Annie or Johanna or her mentor. And she doesn't say what happens with the Government, if its working out and what not. I also hated that she didn't tell us what Katniss and Peeta named their children, umm hello its not going to take up that much room on a page so she could have wrote it. Because I was thinking that Katniss was going to name her daughter Primrose but now we shall never find out! Its just to many unanswered questions, I love the book just thought she could have ended it better, I know she had to end it kinda gloomy because of all the trauma they went through but still could have been better.

P.S. I'm so sad that Finnick died! I loved him, he was so funny, he has my kind of sense of humor.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hannah wrote: "MJ wrote: "Nope. It didn't end with a bang which is what I thought it would do. It was "I still have nightmares, and Peeta and I are fine and the kids will learn and my life has sucked in the past ..."

There's a rumor that there's going to be one, but I'm not totally convinced she'll write another one. Maybe, but for right now I don't think so.
I'd like the idea that they would have named they're kids something original, not just the Harry Potter thing that they did in book 7. It just would have seemed a little weird. :p
The whole book could have been better. It felt like Collins really rushed this one, and that's what really made it not as good as the others. :(

Hannah MJ wrote: "Hannah wrote: "MJ wrote: "Nope. It didn't end with a bang which is what I thought it would do. It was "I still have nightmares, and Peeta and I are fine and the kids will learn and my life has suck..."

I totally agree with you! :( I was just thinking she was going to name her daughter Primrose because she loved her sister so much, I just really wanted to know what she would name her kids and what happened to everybody else!

message 18: by TJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

TJ Ok honestly I myself was disappointed by the ending, yes. But it does make sense. I mean look at everything that's happened. You can't really expect Katniss to just live happily ever after and if that's what you were expecting then I'm sure the ending was a complete put down. I knew it was coming and I was sad, but I still thought it was an appropriate conclusion. Nothing else would have seemed as sincere and true to the Katniss we knew throughout the rest of the trilogy.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Tristen wrote: "Ok honestly I myself was disappointed by the ending, yes. But it does make sense. I mean look at everything that's happened. You can't really expect Katniss to just live happily ever after and if t..."

True. She can't live happily ever after. I mean, I wasn't expecting her to be skipping with the bunnies and flying with rainbows after the rebellion was over. She just doesn't seem happy at all and she really wasn't throughout the entire book. Which in her situation, is understandable I guess.
I think Katniss wasn't the most disappointing part for me. I think it was very... well, I don't know. I was just expecting a lot more than what she gave us. :p

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hannah wrote: "MJ wrote: "Hannah wrote: "MJ wrote: "Nope. It didn't end with a bang which is what I thought it would do. It was "I still have nightmares, and Peeta and I are fine and the kids will learn and my li..."

The name would have made sense for her daughter. :) I want to know too. :(

message 21: by Jim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jim The ending was sluggish, incongruent, and just plain pathetic!

message 22: by TJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

TJ MJ wrote: "Tristen wrote: "Ok honestly I myself was disappointed by the ending, yes. But it does make sense. I mean look at everything that's happened. You can't really expect Katniss to just live happily eve..."

Oh me too, but I'm assuming she's just letting us conclude their stories for ourselves? Which bothers me yes, but at the same time I see where Collins is coming from. But I agree she did seem a little empty almost. True to Katniss I suppose.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Tristen wrote: "MJ wrote: "Tristen wrote: "Ok honestly I myself was disappointed by the ending, yes. But it does make sense. I mean look at everything that's happened. You can't really expect Katniss to just live ..."

Hmmm.. I don't know. Katniss seemed to always have fire with that negative, almost cold air to her though. In Mockingjay, it just felt like it burned out. :( I'm guessing that too. It's a very strange ending to what could have been totally amazing and epic and just plain out awesome. Not that it wasn't, it just wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be. -_-

Hannah Tristen wrote: "Ok honestly I myself was disappointed by the ending, yes. But it does make sense. I mean look at everything that's happened. You can't really expect Katniss to just live happily ever after and if t..."

I understand that I wasn't expecting her to act like she was on LSD seeing sunshine and bubbles and rainbows shooting out her ass lol. But I was expecting her to tell us what happened to everybody else, she wrote it like puff since I wrote a little about Katniss they won't remember any of the other characters, which we have grown attached to! :( It was just a let down not knowing what exactly happened to Gale especially and to Annie and her little baby boy, and her mother. Which we didn't hear anything about, it was almost like she deserted Katniss (I know she didn't want to go back because of Prim but still that's wrong to do as a mother especially since she needed her) and it seems like she never even meet Katniss kids.

Kasey I loved the ending. Honestly, it was refreshing that a series about death, violence, and war didn't suddenly have a happy ending. That would not have been realistic. It takes time to make things better.

Jayme MJ wrote: "Tristen wrote: "MJ wrote: "Tristen wrote: "Ok honestly I myself was disappointed by the ending, yes. But it does make sense. I mean look at everything that's happened. You can't really expect Katni..."
I totally agree with you!!! I wasnt excpecting her to ride a unicorn on a rainbow but I wanted to know what happened to all the other charaters! Like gale and annie and Johanna and her mom. We don't exactly get to know what happened to them kinda like she closed herself away from them except peeta

Black Queen I love the ending of the last book..I knew she was going to pick peeta, I just knew it..:D

Katherine Kasey wrote: "I loved the ending. Honestly, it was refreshing that a series about death, violence, and war didn't suddenly have a happy ending. That would not have been realistic. It takes time to make things be..."

Agreed. It seemed fitting that Katniss had to work through everything alone. I think it was also fitting that she and Peeta drifted apart and then found each other again, falling in love on new terms. What gave me pause was Katniss's mother. She seemed to abandon Katniss to her own devices.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Jayme wrote: "MJ wrote: "Tristen wrote: "MJ wrote: "Tristen wrote: "Ok honestly I myself was disappointed by the ending, yes. But it does make sense. I mean look at everything that's happened. You can't really e..."

I know, right!? *high five*

Sydrian i HATED the end WHY WHY make so many amazing charactors then just suddenly kill them all off!!! like finnick FINNICK HOW COULD YOU and i had no sense of closure katnesss is like not the persone who frollicks in feilds wondering how long ago she had kids th beggining of the book seemed to go on and on about nothing for ever then all of a sudden its just bam wham cazam everyones dying and katness is crazy..-_- the begging had to many details and the end didnt have enough i know about a gazillion ppl who wanted an alternate ending to be published, this book just left out so many answers what happens so gale dose she hate him, is he responsible fot prims death what happens to annie and the baby is the government working out what about her parents and her kids what are there names and really the ending just infuriated me how could you kill finnick HOW HES FINNICK ODIAR he has A CHILD! like he falls in love finnaly with annie when they reunite then BAM dead. and of all the people that were the most useless yet important to katness is that stupid crew! ughhhhhhhh you realize at the end half your fav ppl are dead but vinnia and whatsher faces are alive. YOU COULD KILL CINNA PRIMROSE AND FINNICK AND LET THEMMM LIVE!!!!! propostoris

message 31: by Alondra (last edited Oct 14, 2012 12:19AM) (new)

Alondra Vazquez After 3 weeks of non stop reading, I find it overall a very sad story with not a really happy ending. I guess is kind of hard to have a happy ending after being twice in the arena, and filtering into the Capitol which was even bloodier than the arena's.. but anyway... here r my likes and dislikes about the novel.

I really hate that Collins kill almost everyone, for start Cinna, I wish he had come back like Effie did at the end. I hate she kill Boggs, I start loving his character when next thing u know he's legs are being blow off, so sad. I hate she kill Finnick... ahhh poor Finnick, I loved his character the minute he offer sugar to Katniss, lol and at the Quarter Quell he was just so amazing, u really get to love him after all he does... I guess at list he got some moments of happiness with Annie but really didn't last long. But the kill that bother me the most was Prim's... I mean seriously, after all of Katniss efforts to keep her alive she ends up dying, poor little Prim, I had to read it twice since I could not believe Collins actually eliminate her...

I think about it and I guess it was the only way to prove that Coin was just going to be Snow 2... u kind of get the idea she is not to be trusted when Boggs is dying and telling Katniss not to trust them and not to go back, I guess even before that when she sends Peeta all hijacked or when Beeta tells her if she is not with Coin then she is just a threat. With that said I was happy Coin died cos she deserve it as much as Snow did.
Before I got to the end I really thought Snow was going to get a good torture since he really deserve it but that never happens... I mean Collins tortures almost everyone in the novel and Snow just ends up dying God knows how. It seems like no one really care for Snow to suffer, at list a bit, which I find it hard to believe.. instead he end up his last days hanging out in his Mansion with his roses... Man that really sucked...

I was really happy she end up with Peeta! I wanted Katniss to admit he love him since Peeta declare his love in the first book, and in the second book when they where even closer, that part on the beach was so romantic. I just love Peeta for being such a Romantic character willing to do anything to see her happy, even if that mean Katniss ending up with Gale.
I guess most of us would have been very unhappy if she end up with Gale... don't get me wrong, I love Gale but like she admits in the end what she really need it was a dandelion in spring a sweet man and not fire... I think more of Gale like the missing father she lost and she needed it to go on.

What I did not like with Gale in the end was that she is going off on all the things she wants to tell him, that she forgives him for the bombs, (that we r not even sure if it was the ones Gale design with Beeta's) and even if they were is not like Gale send them. It was Coin who send the bombs to kill Prim; but like in all the novel she just thinks about it and suck it up... cos I guess she just reallyyy love's to feel pain and feel miserable... I hated she had all this monologues and end up not telling how she really felt... interesting Katniss, looking out for everyone instead of herself but I guess that is how the Mockingjay had to be...

Overall I enjoy the books and I will read them again, although like many of the comments I read a lot of missing gaps...

message 32: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Vazquez Oh yeah b4 I forget on Catching fire... it did not make much sense to me that Peeta and Katniss had no clue about the Rebels and their plan... What... for some reason I don't buy that, sorry Collins... Instead she had to kill more people seem so unnecessary... I mean they could pretend to b in love but they were not trusted to pretend things were normal on the Quarter Quail and follow the plan like the rest of the rebels.. I mean everyone knew about it except them... I guess that was the only scape that Collins find to keep with a 3rd book... Does anyone else feels the same way I do... just wondering what u think... :)

message 33: by Alondra (last edited Oct 14, 2012 01:46AM) (new)

Alondra Vazquez Dannielle wrote: "HATED it. I got NO sense of Closure, and it's been eating me up ever since I finished the book. So Collins needs to write another book. It doesnt need to be as plot heavy, but instead split into v..."

As much as I want to agree with u Danielle, is the Hunger Games the reason and the star of the novel.
If there are no games and no revolution then I feel it will be a very monotonous book... I mean in the end with all the killing and killing and killing I was about to drop the book....
I don't think there is a need for a 4th booked since life is just about to start going back to normal. But I do agree that Collins made an mistake in not telling us more about Gale and why Katniss cut all communication with him it just seem so unnecessary... I guess she had her reasons, I think maybe it was the best way for Gale to cope with the idea that Katniss will never forgive him for the bombs (even though she wanted to tell him but she doesn't) maybe it was the best way to accept that she needed Peeta more than him... not sure but it sure bother me the same way it bother u... Like killing Finnick and all the others... :)

message 34: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Vazquez MJ wrote: "Tristen wrote: "Ok honestly I myself was disappointed by the ending, yes. But it does make sense. I mean look at everything that's happened. You can't really expect Katniss to just live happily eve..."

MJ I agree with u she is just such a sad character all the way, but what bother me the most is that she always wanted to tell people how she feel but she just thinks about it and never says anything.. errr.. it just seem like she enjoys to continue to punish herself... so depressing

message 35: by Laura (last edited Oct 14, 2012 03:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura I thought the ending was pretty good, but it could have been better. I loved that Collins intentionally left many doors open, many character's stories unanswered and she purposefully made Katniss drift away, never really recovering. I think another book would ruin the series. I like letting myself imagine what happened to some characters rather than having that information shoved under my nose.

Shyam I agree with everyone that said "HATED IT!". I feel like the book ended too quickly and that Katniss and Peeta should have had a harder time taking over the Capitol. It was very dissapointing considering how good the rest of the trilogy was.

Laurie It was SO bad the movies will surely have to be re-written in order to make any sense or get any box office.

Johanna the Hydrofax yeah the ending really was not good at all. it was super confusing and there should have been more of katniss and peeta's life afterwards.

Laura Jayme wrote: "I liked the ending but i felt that Katniss sort of drifted away from everyone else after the took the capitol." Suzanne Collins intentionally did this. The book is supposed to end with Katniss an echo of a person. Hollowed out and left empty.

Laurie @Laura And the point that everyone is making is that it was horrible. Hunger Games was good because it had hope and promise and an excellent heroine figure.

You know there are cases where people overcome circumstances and succeed and go on to live the life they've fought so hard for. 'that' is worth reading.

The only reason I even read the third book was to see if she chose Peeta or Gale and the author couldn't even do that right.

You may like hollowed out lame duck heroines who become a shell of the former selves and are only really used by the system, but no one else does and if book 3 had of been the only book, it would have been trashed, no one would have bothered with it and there certainly wouldn't be a movie.

Kelseyc Hated it soo much! I felt like this was going to be the epic ending everyone was looking for...but nooo it just ended up sucking!

First off I understand that she was going through a lot(Peeta gone, district gone, in a district planning war) I mean the pressure was over bearing, I could tell. But I felt like she was so detached I felt depressed just reading it.

I hated how Peeta wasn't in it at all pretty much. She just went from him to Gale as soon as Peeta didn't remember her! I have a heart, though, trust me, and I can understand how frustrating it might have been for Katniss to not have her safety net be with her. But, personally for me, if you love someone you don't just give up! You stay and help them!

The very end when all the action was starting to happen was a big disappointment. I felt like it was good but it didn't last long. Not to mention when Prim died it went by so fast, I didn't even know that it happened until I turned the page and it said how Katniss was feeling sad. It was awful.

I didn't like how she had to kill the District 13 leader. I felt that everything she worked for and went through was just a bust and completely useless! Although I admired the guts she had to do it.

Not to mention it was like, she kisses Gale, leaves, and thinks oh he'll be fine, he'll have other girls. News flash Katniss! He loved YOU!

Dont get me started on the whole Peeta romance. At the end when they ended up together, I was very happy. But I felt like they didn't even know eachother for the most part and needed to relive their love. Peeta didn't even know her! I felt like he just thought...she says I loved her, okay I will! I felt that they were not ready or at the right level to be having kids. It still felt as though Peeta still didn't love her.

So, I wanted to love it and can respect it, but it was a disappointment. It felt as though Suzanne Collins had writer's block and had a deadline to meet, so she sped it up, got to the end, and just though...whatever!

message 42: by Mark (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mark Mellett Much is being said about how you were all left with a sense of no closure. And I know this is not going to be a popular opinion but why do you believe you have a right to closure?

Has it not occurred to you that through your lives you might not get all that joyous closure you so crave? Is the lack of closure in the series a lesson in life for you that you are not always going to have it all?

If the books end and your tidy idea of closure has not been met consider the characters in the books, will they ever be the same? Do they ever get closure? Gale was one part of Katniss's life with shared needs and mutual obstacles in their lives, and then came the games. That reaping marked the end of the old Katniss and so it is appropriate that it also marked the end of the relationship they had before that day. They had never even kissed. I think from what I have read a lot of the posts are mourning the loss of the dreamy actor Liam Hemsworth and not the actual Gale who was little more than a brother figure in the book.

There was no need to "follow up" on many of the characters as you all wanted done above, Haymitch will drink himself to death in his victors village house, though Katniss will go on trying to save him from himself.

Annie will almost certainly fall apart without Finnick, but then she was a minor character anyway with virtually no connection to the plot other than to serve as the element that creates sympathy for Finnick.

We are not given details about Gale's life because he no longer matters to either the plot or Katniss, ditto her mother. If there is a sequel it will be about how Katniss and Peeta regain their once innocent and loving natures, though I think that many have missed the point that Katniss actually lost hers before the 74th hunger games, she had the light of her life cut out of her with the mine explosion that killed her father. True she loved Prim, but in a protective and maternal way because her mother went psychologically AWOL after the mine exploded.

I also want to point out that it just is not possible to follow everyone the book mentioned, and I want to ask, did you feel let down when Rowling did not go on for 20 pages about the post Voldemort life of Neville and Luna in that series? Did you berate Jane Austen for not going into detail about the life of Kitty and Mr. Wickham?

This series alternated between a staggering number of well articulated characters, but they were in the end a plot driven series in which the only characters that really counted were Katniss, Gale, and Peeta. And I suppose you could add Snow and later the president of 13 to that list because it was their games that everyone else was a piece in. And we know how they ended.

Johanna the Hydrofax we have a right to closure because we are the audience. it doesn't have to go on for 20 pages about each character but there still should have been a summary at least.

message 44: by Laurie (last edited Oct 15, 2012 01:51PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Laurie Perhaps people are substiting the word closure to describe the complete sense of uselessness that came from reading book 3. It was empty, vaccant, senseless, poorly written... After 2 books you expect more. 'Closure' is as good a word as any to describe it.

Anmol no

Betty Cross Among many other things about "Mockingjay," it bothers me that we never really found out if Panem became a democracy or not. Suzanne seems to hint at living conditions getting better, but she never spells that out. Without some clear idea of the political outcome, the deaths of characters we cared about -- Finnick, Boggs, Prim, and even Coin -- are in vain.

Jennifer I couldn't stand the ending. Actually, I can't stand everything from midway through Catching Fire all the way through the end of the trilogy. I found Katniss's character arc frustrating, annoying, and stagnant. Whereas she was relatively independent in book 1, she became more or less useless as a human being in this book. I find that transformation illogical because she was strong early in the series DESPITE all the trials and tribulations in her past.

message 48: by Mark (last edited Oct 15, 2012 07:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mark Mellett I think you missed the part where she was NEVER useful except as a pawn in other peoples plans. She was not the reason for the rebellion, it was always there just simmering under the surface. Coin even planned this new rebellion posing the 12 districts against the Capital, it was just convenient that Katniss pulled the berry trick in the games, Coin used her in her own game and went so far as to create the Mockingjay Katniss as a figurehead, remember the use of Cinna's suit, sending her to District 8 where the hospital was bombed. It is kind of the core of the plot that Katniss is never really in control of her life till after Snow is dead and she shoots Coin.

How anyone could like the character Coin is beyond me, she was the scheming witch behind the whole murderous story, a dictator with hyper disciplinarian tendencies if ever there was one. In the end when Snow was tied up on the veranda for his public execution by the Mockingjay and realized it was Coin that had set up and outsmarted everyone it actually elicits sympathy for Snow. He had used crowds of mostly children as a human shield in front of the president's mansion, but it was coin that firebombed them, with trick bombs designed to have a delayed secondary and deadlier round of explosives. She wanted to turn all of North America into one huge totalitarian District 13 with her at the head.

As to some of the things you all WISH had been gone on about in the end I have some bad news for you, that is what your imaginations are for. If you want a really long book with no details left unscribbled ad infinitum read Mitchner's The Drifters. Or better yet, write your own books the way you think a book should read. Then sit back and watch as the negativity and critical reviews come in for the pettiest of reasons.

Aryehl I hated that Katniss chose Gale. I don't feel that Collins did a very good job of convinceing the reader to love Peeta and let Gale go. The ending felt a little rushed. One moment we still loved Gale next, he didnt matter anymore and everyone kind of drifted away and Katniss chose whoever stuck around.

message 50: by Ni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ni I was disappointed. I really liked the series, but I HATE it when the author makes me guess what happens and the last book in the friggin series is pretty much left on a cliffhanger. I was left with no closure whatsoever. I loved the book, but I greatly disliked the ending.

« previous 1