Elgin/Fletcher Book Club discussion

Book Genres

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tori (new)

Tori (mstorichick) | 19 comments Mod
What is your favorite genre of literature?

message 2: by Tori (new)

For me - I prefer realistic or historical fiction. Though, lately, fantasy has been pretty enjoyable.
Weirdly enough, I do not like non-fiction or biographies.

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Pineo | 9 comments Mod
I've been finding myself more and more drawn to historical fiction lately. Fantasy is like a punishment for me as is "mindless chic-lit."

message 4: by Tori (new)

By "fantasy" do you mean fairy tales, vampires/witches/werewolves, or alternate world stories? (Or all of the above?)

And, what is your definition of mindless chic lit? Nicholas Sparks, Harlequin Romance, or something else?

What Historical ficton have you enjoyed lately?

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Definetly vampires, werewolves, etc. As for alternate world stories, The Hunger Games was pushing it for me but I must admit that I did enjoy that.

Mindless chic lit....No, not Sparks although I do wrestle with some of his writing. I'm a fan of the story but not the writing. I don't read a lot from him for that reason. He usually has a great message. A lesson to learn. Mindless to me is no substance. Just a hair above Harlequin.

message 6: by Tori (new)

What is your favorite of the books we've read thus far? For me, I think I'd have to say Molokai.

message 7: by Jenn (new)

I agree. I defintely think Molokai was my favorite. I read his other book Honolulu and it was very good but not as good as Molokai.