The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Peeta or Gale

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Georgia just wondering other people's thoughts.

Maeve Mcdonagh PEETA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silvermoon I would have said Gale until the third book. And that makes me angry. I think the author wanted us to choose Peeta so they made Gale unlikable at the end. That made me mad.

Annabel ♥ Silvermoon wrote: "I would have said Gale until the third book. And that makes me angry. I think the author wanted us to choose Peeta so they made Gale unlikable at the end. That made me mad."

I thought so too.

I liked them both in different ways, and I disliked them both in different ways. I thought that Peeta was a totally sweet, genuine guy, and that Gale was a jerk, but then Gale was meant to be with Katniss. Peeta was good for her, but he wasn't FOR her, if you know what I mean.

Silvermoon I know what you mean. And honestly I don't really think Katniss was good enough for Peeta. LOL. She didn't deserve him. She was perfect for Gale. They were both imperfectly suited.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ GALE.

Katniss belongs with a man who rescues 800 citizens of D12, not a baker boy that always needs her saving.

Hannah Cruthirds I am team Peeta. In the beginning though, I would have said team Gale. Peeta is soooo sweet and would do anything for Katniss. In the end Gale just seemed like a complete JERK!!!!!!!!

message 9: by Itzel (new) - added it

Itzel I have to say Peeta. Aside from the fact, that I'm a bit obbessed with Peeta, I really love his character. He might come off as the typical nice boy, that loves the main girl. But I see more deepth in his character, he truly loves Katniss, anyone call see that.

As for Gale, he's awesome but I never felt the connection, I felt with Peeta. I felt Gale was more of an older brother than a lover to Katniss.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

PEETA

message 11: by Madi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madi PEETA! forget team Jacob and team Edward, TEAM PEETA ALL THE WAY!

Gale, I seriously despised him by the third, Peeta is exactly what Katniss needs!

message 12: by Itzel (new) - added it

Itzel I haven't read the third one or the second one. But Peeta is the one I would choose. If I were Katniss, I would have jumped him already. Plus you get free bread, two for the price of one! And lastly, as the top comments from a YouTube video stated,

"Peeta, you sexy son of a baker, you!"

And my personally favorite, although it is a bit preverted.

"I wouldn't mind letting him warm my buns!"

Emily Gale! They really are more suited for each other. I think Peetah is kind of too good for Katniss. Gale and her would of had really cute babies DX

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Emily wrote: "Gale! They really are more suited for each other. I think Peetah is kind of too good for Katniss. Gale and her would of had really cute babies DX"

Yes!

Kasey I connected more with Gale, and I thought they should have ended up together. I was suprised when they didnt. I still liked Peeta just as much though.

message 16: by Beth (last edited Mar 01, 2012 12:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth I like Peeta because he represents hope and to me thats beautiful. No one else in the book seems to have as many good human qualities and i think as a character he represents the good in humaity and how that can conquer that which is bad in us. i didn't connect with the character Gale on that kind of level so yeah, i'm all for Peeta

message 17: by Itzel (new) - added it

Itzel Wow, Beth. I love Your explanation.

aside*from*writing If you like Peeta, you might like our latest blog post for Hunger Games event running up to the film release...it's reaping day from his point of view

http://asidefromwriting.wordpress.com...