2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2012 > Mar 2012 - Chapters 18-23 *may contain spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tatum (new)

Tatum | 459 comments I am done the book but will wait a little to post thoughts.

message 2: by Tatum (new)

Tatum | 459 comments Okay well, since no one else is posting... it is this section of the book (and maybe a chapter or two before this one) that turned it from a five star into a four star read for me.

Up until that point everything was moving along at a fairly leisurely pace, a lot of description etc. And then it's as though when Pullman got to this point he realized he only had so many pages left to tie up all these story lines he had going on.

I just felt as though this last section, which was quite probably the most important part of the whole book was somewhat rushed, not as well explained or in as much detail as the other parts.

I still enjoyed it a good deal though.

message 3: by Johanna (new)

Johanna | 766 comments I just finished the book and I also changed my rating from the previous 5 to four, but not because of the ending. For me it was the beginning that felt too slow and a little hard because of all the weird names and places and things that weren´t explained all the time. Right now I would just want to continue to read the second book but I won´t since I have other books waiting for me to pick up.

message 4: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) I agree with Johanna, when the pace quickened, it was better in my opinion.

Except for the four star rating. That I don't agree with! haha