2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1)
This topic is about The Golden Compass
ARCHIVE 2012 > Mar 2012 - Chapters 12-17 *may contain spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tatum | 459 comments What a lot went on in this section! So much happening...

The part with Tony was very sad. I think that was the worst part of the book for me so far.

And I was just on the edge of my seat the whole time that Lyra had been captured at the research facility. One thing after another happening in there.

I still don't really understand what the Dust is though. I am hoping I don't need to read Book 2 to find out more about it.

Still love the bear! And it seems as though if I understand correctly that Iorek and Lee have decided to help Lyra go rescue Lord Asriel along with the witches? I wonder if they have the gyptians permission or are going on their own?

Johanna | 766 comments I so love Iorek as well! This part of the book was where I really got excited to read all the adventure happening.

Nathan (nthnlwly) I was so confused at the last few pages of Part 2. Crazy things were happening, and so fast! That was very well written; my heart was pounding the whole time, it was so fast-paced.

Johanna | 766 comments The pace really changes, doesn´t it :) That is why I keep telling people to try and read further from the beginning.

Nathan (nthnlwly) haha, well you were right!