Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Looking Ahead for 2009

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danine (new)

Danine (dulcemea) I've had some questions regarding the title of this book group. I've updated the title to '50 Books 2008-2009'. When the end of the month draws near I will take down the 2008 and we will start anew!

I apologize that the Friday questions haven't appeared on Fridays sometimes as promised. My creativity meter runs low sometimes. I'm brainstorming questions for next year so if you have any questions you'd like to contribute please shoot me a message.

I would like to open up the forum floor to any suggestions, comments, or feedback to how this group could be improved. Are there ideas you've seen work with other groups that may work in this group? Let me know. Would you like to see?

I enjoy reading the posts and talking with some of you. I look forward to another year of meeting and talking with new friends and their books.

message 2: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments I think we should have a folder where everyone can go and post their Best and Worst of the year as people complete their 12 month cycle.

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed (ejhahn) | 235 comments Molly wrote: "I think we should have a folder where everyone can go and post their Best and Worst of the year as people complete their 12 month cycle."

I really like this idea. I already know what I'll put in the worst category. Might save us all time reading books better left unread and sharpen our "to read" lists.

message 4: by Ed (new)

Ed (ejhahn) | 235 comments Danine wrote: "I've had some questions regarding the title of this book group. I've updated the title to '50 Books 2008-2009'. When the end of the month draws near I will take down the 2008 and we will start an..."

For one thing I think the Friday Questions should have their own Folder or each week have a "Friday Question #--" so they can be found easily. I missed most of them. So my suggestions may be redundant.

What 3 books would you want to have on a desert island?

What book have you been avoiding because you think you "should" read it but really don't want to?

Do you prefer reading books in hardcover, quality paperback or mass market paperback? Why?

Would you rather buy a book or borrow from the library or a friend?

How do you decide what books are keepers and what books are give-aways?

Do you lend books to friends? Why or why not?

What do you do with books you no longer want on your shelf?

Have you ever used "Book Crossing.com"? What do you think of the idea?

Enough, already!

message 5: by Danine (new)

Danine (dulcemea) Thank you soooo much Ed. They are in queue :)

message 6: by Candy (new)

Candy (candyshann) Can't wait to start 2009 book challenge. Am getting my list ready besides what I already have in toreads list. I like the Friday question thing. I did not know about this but love the questions up above. The books I've been avoiding would be very interesting for me. They are in the back of my mind and I don't want to bring them to the front.

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraswiger) I'm in for 2009! I'm hoping to line up a few more books at Christmas (either as gifts or giftcards!). I also need to pay my library bill so I can put more books on reserve!

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily | 74 comments Okay, so I didn't finish 50. (Yeah, there's still time. I'm shooting for like 30...) But, I am thrilled, Danine, that you are continuing this group. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to another year. It has been a tough year for me (personally), but this group has pushed me to keep finding time to read. Thanks!

message 9: by Jensownzoo (new)

Jensownzoo I just joined today and I did read 50+ books this year. Will post the titles in the appropriate place, but really looking forward to participating the all the other hoopla of this group!

message 10: by Danine (new)

Danine (dulcemea) Thanks for the feedback all! I look forward to taking the challenge again with you this next year.

As requested I've made a folder titled 'Friday Questions'. Hopefully this will be easier for people to search for questions. You will always be able to tell what the last questions is as they are in numerical order.

Thanks for your compliments and as always please feel free to send me a message if you have any questions or concerns.