Twitter discussion

Introductions > Where are you from?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm from Australia. Where are you from?

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Dodd | 10 comments I'm in Dallas, Texas.

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 7 comments Dallas, Texas here too!

message 4: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Dodd | 10 comments Annie wrote: "Dallas, Texas here too!"

That's awesome!!

message 5: by Annie (new)

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 7 comments Yea, I was thinking the same thing. LOL I have your book, gonna read it soon. I am writing a book as well. What a small world. :)

message 6: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Dodd | 10 comments Annie wrote: "Yea, I was thinking the same thing. LOL I have your book, gonna read it soon. I am writing a book as well. What a small world. :)"

What kind of book are you writing?

message 7: by Annie (new)

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 7 comments Jillian wrote: "Annie wrote: "Yea, I was thinking the same thing. LOL I have your book, gonna read it soon. I am writing a book as well. What a small world. :)"

What kind of book are you writing?"

It's a Contemporary YA novel. It's verrrrry dramatic but really good so far. I have someone editing it every few chapters and have been raved about how good it is. So I am really excited. I have been writing for years but never finished any of them cause I had other dreams but now I want to do this full time. I have such great ideas for other things too. :)

message 8: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Dodd | 10 comments Annie wrote: "Jillian wrote: "Annie wrote: "Yea, I was thinking the same thing. LOL I have your book, gonna read it soon. I am writing a book as well. What a small world. :)"

What kind of book are you writing..."

Raving is good. Are you going to the DFW con? (The writer's conference? It's in May.)

message 9: by Annie (new)

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 7 comments Ummm, no. I should do that!! I didn't know about it!! But I probably should go to that. That would be awesome! What's it about? Do you have to have a finished book to go?? Mine should be done before summer if all goes as planned.

message 10: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Dodd | 10 comments Here's the link. http://www.dfwcon.com/ When you sign up, you can also book meetings with agents that are coming for it. Kristen Lamb, a friend of mine, is speaking. She has a great writer's blog and is in my writing group. I'm working on my third book that will release this summer, it's the first book in a new series. I'm not trying to sell it there, but I am going to talk to a couple agents. I'd like help with foreign book rights and possible film rights.

message 11: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Dodd | 10 comments Jillian wrote: "Here's the link. http://www.dfwcon.com/ When you sign up, you can also book meetings with agents that are coming for it. Kristen Lamb, a friend of mine, is speaking. She has a great writer's blog a..."
And James Rollins is going to be there. He's super nice and one of my favorite authors.

message 12: by Annie (new)

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 7 comments Omg awesome!!! That is great! Hope it works out!! And thanks for the info!! I will def check it out and try to come!!! That would rock!! :)

message 13: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Dodd | 10 comments Annie wrote: "Omg awesome!!! That is great! Hope it works out!! And thanks for the info!! I will def check it out and try to come!!! That would rock!! :)"

I have never been before, but I've heard it is a great conference from people that have been before. There's some good break out classes that I'm excited for.

message 14: by Annie (new)

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 7 comments I was just looking at the website and it looks awesome!! I will need to save up for the classes. But it would be worth it! And since I have my idea for a book, it will helpful to get it looked at or read or whatever.

message 15: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Dodd | 10 comments Annie wrote: "I was just looking at the website and it looks awesome!! I will need to save up for the classes. But it would be worth it! And since I have my idea for a book, it will helpful to get it looked at o..."
There's a cost to register, then I think most all of the classes are free. I think I did see a few that had a small additional charge. But they have something for everyone. The agents I think you get 10 minutes with them. Pretty much need to be able to give them a one-two sentence pitch about your book. Then if they are interested they request more. Are you in any writer's groups?

message 16: by Annie (new)

Annie Brewer (anniebrewer) | 7 comments I think like one but its not what I'm wanting to do. I need to find more.

message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina Labra | 2 comments I'm in Temple, TX

Adrianna*Herondale* King (adgeking) | 5 comments New Jersey (no relation to Jersey Shore)

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahrichmond98) | 3 comments I am from Blanch N.C.

Crina (Reading Addict) (readingadd) Hey guys! I'm from Romania, a small country in Europe.