Book Lovers discussion

music while reading?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 12 comments do you like to have music playing in the background while you read?

do you like for the tone or mood of your music to match that of your book?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I love it!!!! and I don't care

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i couldn't. it won't let me concentrate

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Lala-loves-Les-Mis wrote: "i couldn't. it won't let me concentrate"

Agree... I get to caught up in the music.. lol

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a stable mind, and I love the voices in the background it's something to keep a beat too.

message 6: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 12 comments yeah, I usually have some background music...just probably not my favorite song or anything b/c I would get distracted by that! :)

I recently read a steve earle book, and he also released a CD of the same name...I meant to play it while I read the book but didn't get it done- maybe next time!

message 7: by harriet (new)

harriet (harriet64) lolz i love it

message 8: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillep) I can't concentrate on my reading if I have some background music. I end up singing every time, then I'll have to re-read the sentence I'm on. D:

message 9: by Karina (new)

Karina I listen to music while I do everything icluding reading. My sister thinks I am weird for being able to sing and concentrate on what I am reading.

message 10: by Whitney (new)

Whitney I can read anytime, anywhere with anything going on. I frequently read while I'm on the phone.

message 11: by Charissa Sophia (new)

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa (purplerose328) | 17 comments I always listen to music when reading a book! But the music is either Soul (Enya), Soft or Classical (Yiruma, Beethoven and/or Mozart).

message 12: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianejan3) | 2 comments I don't like listening to music if I'm reading because it makes me lose concentration (especially if I like the song). If the author recommends a certain song or has a playlist, I listen to it before or after I've read the story.

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 11 comments I love to read while i'm listening to music