The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo discussion

audio book- salander's accent

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kirby I can't find the name of the narrator of the version I listened to, but it was some guy with a british accent. he seemed to do the entire book in the same accent, except for when salander spoke...he gave her some kind of weird cockney accent or something.

did anyone else notice this? have any explanation for it?

Nikki I listened to the audio book for the entire series. The only thing I could guess was that he wanted to show the difference in their backgrounds. Salander grew up in a rougher atmosphere and picked up their dialect. That's only my guess. I honestly have no clue. lol

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee the narrator was Simon Vance for the audiobooks

Kirby Dee wrote: "the narrator was Simon Vance for the audiobooks"

ah, thank you! :)

Kirby Nikki wrote: "I listened to the audio book for the entire series. The only thing I could guess was that he wanted to show the difference in their backgrounds. Salander grew up in a rougher atmosphere and picked ..."

yeah, that could make sense...like, trying to differentiate her background from that of the other characters? but, to me, it sorta made her sound stupid, not exactly sure why...

anyway, thanks for the input, I really appreciate it! :)

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee i don't really notice that they all sounded the same, I thought Simon Vance did a great job - there is a reason why he is a golden voice recipiant in the audiobook community

Kirby well, it may just be that I'm so unfamiliar with british accents that I didn't pick up on the nuances. the only one that jumped out at me was salander's...although, now that I'm thinking about it, henrik's voice maybe seemed a little prissier or something than other characters...

message 8: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee i think sometimes (and I dont' know about you) how much you listen to audiobooks - I do it all the time (at least 2-3 hours a day on my commute to work), so I tend to notice the minor differences in inflection for characters than say someone who doesn't listen as often KWIM?

Kirby ah, that's a good point, too. I go through phases where I just listen to music on my commutes, and then others where I have to have an audiobook. guess it had been a while since I've been on the audiobook kick...