My YA Obsession discussion

Paranormal Romance > Hush Hush

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karina (new)

Karina Kantas I finally met Patch.

Now I know what all the hype was about. He sounds like my perfect man, if he wasn't an angel that is. lol

I adored the book. I love it when you find a book that keeps you glued to the pages. Can't wait to read the next one.

message 2: by Emily V, Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be EVER in your favour! (new)

Emily V (xemilyx) | 214 comments Mod
Love it! Read the first and second.

message 3: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) very addictive indeed. :)
When I first read it..

I couldn't put the book down. :D now I have to wait for the last installment :|

message 4: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Gramuglia (anthonygramuglia) | 5 comments I am curious about getting into this series. I am a guy, didn't care for Twilight all too much, but I've heard favorable things about this series. Would you recommend this?

message 5: by Eugenie (new)

Eugenie | 4 comments Anthony wrote: "I am curious about getting into this series. I am a guy, didn't care for Twilight all too much, but I've heard favorable things about this series. Would you recommend this?"

is a great storry. i would defenitly recommend the series to you .

message 6: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Gramuglia (anthonygramuglia) | 5 comments Hmmm, okay. I hear it's a bit like a thriller story along with romance. Is it more like Hunger Games then, say, Twilight or Fallen?

message 7: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 2 comments Anthony wrote: "Hmmm, okay. I hear it's a bit like a thriller story along with romance. Is it more like Hunger Games then, say, Twilight or Fallen?"

the part i like about this series is that it has romance but it also has action example her dad is tring to kill her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Gramuglia (anthonygramuglia) | 5 comments Wait, there's parents trying to kill their series? Lots of tension that could potentially be disturbing? SIGN ME UP! =D

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (thebabygrl) Read all three (: not my fav, but there was alot of violence and drama, really fun (: i was hoping for more things beetween patch and nora

message 10: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay Well, Patch is definitely one of my favourite fictional male characters but I must say that I have an irresistible urge to strangle Nora sometimes xD

message 11: by Denisse (new)

Denisse (denmargarita) | 30 comments i haven't read the 3 one but i'm very impacient about it, i really like the sotory;) LOVE PATCH!

message 12: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I can't wait for the last book :)

message 13: by Eugenie (new)

Eugenie | 4 comments Anthony wrote: "Hmmm, okay. I hear it's a bit like a thriller story along with romance. Is it more like Hunger Games then, say, Twilight or Fallen?"

it's nothing like the hunger game o twilight or the fallen ... i have read than all so i know what i am talking about this story is way too difrent and much more

message 14: by Eugenie (new)

Eugenie | 4 comments Lucy wrote: "Well, Patch is definitely one of my favourite fictional male characters but I must say that I have an irresistible urge to strangle Nora sometimes xD"

u not the only one .. me too she act like a little brat and way too friking jealous

message 15: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Anthony wrote: "Hmmm, okay. I hear it's a bit like a thriller story along with romance. Is it more like Hunger Games then, say, Twilight or Fallen?"

Not like Hunger Games or Twilight.. so different.. the story itself was addictive.

message 16: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Waters (hayleywaters) | 36 comments Mod
Hm.... I attempted Hush Hush and I just couldn't really get into it :/ I'm pretty sure it's just my own thing- not a big fan of the story, that's all. Patch is just not my type?

message 17: by Denisse (new)

Denisse (denmargarita) | 30 comments Hayley wrote: "Hm.... I attempted Hush Hush and I just couldn't really get into it :/ I'm pretty sure it's just my own thing- not a big fan of the story, that's all. Patch is just not my type?"

i'm also not a HUGE fan but the story is good, and patch is best man of the story so that's why averyone loves him, he doesn't have too much competition on the books:D

message 18: by Pahel (new)

Pahel Is dis series reely good? Coz iv read lotz of bad reviews abt it and people givin it 2 stars!

message 19: by Denisse (new)

Denisse (denmargarita) | 30 comments Kaedexanis wrote: "Is dis series reely good? Coz iv read lotz of bad reviews abt it and people givin it 2 stars!"

is a good read, i mean is not the best thing but it has some really good parts, some of them are funny, i like the 1 more than the 2, and i haven't read the 3 :D but i recomend it if you want to have a easy read!

message 20: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccalovesreading) | 5 comments This is an awesome book! It is totally 1 of my favorites! Becca Fitzpatrick is awesome! The series only gets better with each book!

message 21: by Jami (new)

Jami Montgomery (jamimontgomery) | 7 comments The entire series so far has been amazing. I am looking forward to the last book on October 23.

Sheri: I've heard so many people say it's like Twilight, but I don't see it. I really don't. Hush, Hush got me started on angel fiction, and now I read so much of it, it's not even funny. I think Becca's writing style is fresh but not overly wordy. (sorry... writer talk, haha). I love Patch and Nora's characters. They just don't seem so... flat. Bella was so monotone and useless. But Nora actually has other friends and other things going on in her life. IDK. I just really love the series. It only gets better.

message 22: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments I definitely think that there is no similarities between these books and Twilight :/
I am not a huge fan of this series, but I did like them :) Like Jami said I like Nora and Patch as characters and I just think the story is interesting. But I have read many much better books.

message 23: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments There's nothing wrong with not liking it, everyone has different tastes.

message 24: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Waters (hayleywaters) | 36 comments Mod
Sheri wrote: "Okay so I've been hearing lots of positive stuff about this book, I read it about a month ago, and I couldn't stand it. Then again I didn't care for Twilight either. I really like to try and see th..."

Ah, don't worry about it. I wasn't a fan either. Patch (DON'T KILL ME PLEASE) wasn't the guy for me...

message 25: by Jami (new)

Jami Montgomery (jamimontgomery) | 7 comments Hayley wrote: "Sheri wrote: "Okay so I've been hearing lots of positive stuff about this book, I read it about a month ago, and I couldn't stand it. Then again I didn't care for Twilight either. I really like to ..."

Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinions ^_^ We won't kill you.

message 26: by Elianeth (new)

Elianeth Brito (elianethb) | 1 comments I absolutely loooove this series :D

message 27: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (brittneyrymer) | 8 comments this series was so great. couldn't set it down for anything. i can't wait until the last book comes out!

message 28: by Rae (new)

Rae Quigley (raequigley) Hi there!! How much do you all love Patch? My goodness. I really liked the book. It kind of took over my life for a second, though the sequels were KILLING me.

message 29: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Shaffer (shellyshaffer) | 20 comments I read all three of them. I think the similarities between the Twilight series and this one is the fact that Nora has to constantly be rescued (like Bella)... I think that some of the twists in the plot became predictable by the third book. I had pretty much figured out by the foreshadowing in the second book that Nora and Marci were somehow connected.
I didn't hate this series either, but it wasn't my favorite. I can really see how YAs would love it though. It has romance, action, and suspense.
Somebody else mentioned other angel fiction. What books were you talking about? The only other angel fiction I've read is the Fallen series by Lauren Kate and the Immortals series by Alyson Noel. I found tons of similarities between the Fallen series and this one.
Of the three, I probably liked Immortals best.

message 30: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments Between the fallen series and the hush hush series? I wasn't a big fan of either the Fallen series or the immortals (I haven't read the last book yet :/) and I thought that at the beginning they were kind of a like.

I haven't read many other angel books, but Unearthly and Hallowed, I really liked. Halo by Alexadra someone I think was really good too, I haven't read the sequel yet.

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie (facetheblazingfire) | 1 comments I have read all 3 books as well. I couldn't stop reading them! I'm excited there is going to be a fourth book. I can't wait to see how Fitzpatrick ties everything together in the end. There are some more angel-fiction books that I've seen. "A Touch Mortal" by Leah Clifford and "Angelfire" by Courtney Allison Moulton. (currently reading this one and strongly recommend if you're really into paranormal YA books.) :)

message 32: by Pritha (new)

Pritha (pritha_saha) | 7 comments OMGGG I loved this book. It actually made me laugh out loud and scream with excitement. I love Patch, he is like my soulmate, I've always wanted a guy like him who is dangerous and a bad boy.

message 33: by Kasey (new)

Kasey I have read the first one. I didnt like patch. he was creepy.

message 34: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Jammie wrote: "Between the fallen series and the hush hush series? I wasn't a big fan of either the Fallen series or the immortals (I haven't read the last book yet :/) and I thought that at the beginning they we..."

Halo is good. Hades is too =]
Cant wait for Heaven to come out.

message 35: by Rae (new)

Rae Quigley (raequigley) I'm on the third one now. I'm reading it with my friend and we're not too motivated lol. I don't like the direction so far. Though Patch is one of my favorite book guys so far lol. I didn't find him too creepy. But I did find parts of it super predictable.

message 36: by Eugenie (new)

Eugenie | 4 comments Jami wrote: "The entire series so far has been amazing. I am looking forward to the last book on October 23.

Sheri: I've heard so many people say it's like Twilight, but I don't see it. I really don't. Hush, ..."

if you love books about angel's read The Permenition series by Amy A. Bartol and Personal Demonos by Lisa Desrochers

message 37: by Daisy (last edited Jun 29, 2012 09:53PM) (new)

Daisy | 180 comments Kasey wrote: "Halo is good. Hades is too =]
Cant wait for Heaven to come out."

I haven't had the chance to read Hades still. Glad to hear it was good :)

message 38: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccalovesreading) | 5 comments very good story! can't quite stand the wait for the next in such a good series as this!

message 39: by Kasey (last edited Jul 28, 2012 04:56PM) (new)

Kasey | 10 comments THE BEST ANGEL SERIES I HAVE EVER READ AND I HAVE READ A FEW. I LOVE PATCH HE CHRAMIMG, FUNNY AND HOT!!!! HE'S MY DREAM GUY!!!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Kasey wrote: "THE BEST ANGEL SERIES I HAVE EVER READ AND I HAVE READ A FEW. I LOVE PATCH HE CHRAMIMG, FUNNY AND HOT!!!! HE'S MY DREAM GUY!!!"

AGREED!! (Especially the last part XD)