Skinny Dip (Skink, #5; Mick Stranahan #2) Skinny Dip discussion

Meeting TONIGHT!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tana Hi all!

We're FINALLY meeting to discuss Skinny Dip and our next book club book.

Looking forward to seeing you all, plus there may be some chocolate martini's involved ;)

Susan Willingham Not in the book club, but loved this book! What an amazing, funny main character, and a great swimmer to boot. Lots of guts going back in her own house to look around. Loved the guy who found her in the water. If they ever make a movie about this book, Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Grey's Anatomy) should play that guy. Just saying.

Joan - xstitchfan Susan wrote: "Not in the book club, but loved this book! What an amazing, funny main character, and a great swimmer to boot. Lots of guts going back in her own house to look around. Loved the guy who found he..."

Hey Susan, I also gave Skinny Dip" 5 stars! It's been years since I read it. The book was a recommendation from a group of stitching friends I belonged to at the time. It is one of my all time laugh out loud books I have ever read. Are there any other books you've read that are close to "Skinny Dip"? Happy reading! Joan

Drew xstitchfan wrote: "Susan wrote: "Not in the book club, but loved this book! What an amazing, funny main character, and a great swimmer to boot. Lots of guts going back in her own house to look around. Loved the gu..."

Hello quick question on this book. After reading "Bad Monkey" I picked up a couple of the Skink books(it looks like this falls into the series according goodreads). Does it make sense to read them in order or is it fine to jump around? Thanks!

Margaret Schwind Also not in the book club, but jumping in to say that this was my first Hiaasen book and I've read nearly every other one. xstitchfan, two of my favorites are "Double Whammy" and "Star Island" both of which I enjoyed as much as "Skinny Dip" (and btw, I'm also an avid stitcher!). Drew, you don't really need to read the Skink books in order - in some of them, he's more of a secondary character, and each one gives enough of his backstory that it's not really a problem to skip around.

Drew Margaret wrote: "Also not in the book club, but jumping in to say that this was my first Hiaasen book and I've read nearly every other one. xstitchfan, two of my favorites are "Double Whammy" and "Star Island" bot..."

Thanks for the help can't wait to get into more of his books!

Joan - xstitchfan Thanks everyone for the book advice! Happy Reading! Joan

Caitlin "Sparkie" I love Carl Hiassen books! He was actually my first YA book that i read. My favorite of his books would have tone between Tourist Season, Star Island, and Scat....u could say I was a dedicated fan. Such an awesome author, though it is a for a person with a kind of sick sense of humor. I recommend them to a lot of my friends