Writers Café discussion

Your Writing > Hope's Humble Chirography

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hope (last edited May 25, 2012 07:40PM) (new)

Hope Right. Well, let's get down to business. My name is Hope. I am a writer. Your name is Reader. You are a critic. A critic of my writings. Your job is to read and give me feedback on the stuff I post in this topic, if it so pleases you. And no, you will not get paid.

For your own convenience as well as mine, all the writing I'd like you to look at will be linked to in the second comment of this topic. There will, of course, be a table of contents:

Poetry (seven entries)
Short Stories (one entry)
Chapter Stories (two entries)

Enjoy yourself! And...try not to lost within the revolting tarpits that are my writings.

message 2: by Hope (last edited May 25, 2012 07:40PM) (new)

Hope Poetry
Full book: The Book of Poems

Poem 1: Anger
Poem 2: Our World
Poem 3: I Don't Wanna Hear It
Poem 4: Music
Poem 5: Nature
Poem 6: Insanity
Poem 7: The Silver Spirit

Short Stories
A Life For A Life (Finished)

Chapter Stories
The Call (temporary title) (Draft)
Hellfire (Draft)

message 3: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I like the 3rd one. Was it based on when Mom and i would fight?

message 4: by Hope (new)

Hope The list's been updated! :D

Take a look, gimmie some feedback.

message 5: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Ohh! Did you post that one, with LAuren in it?

message 6: by Hope (new)

Hope Yes.

message 7: by Hope (new)

Hope Say hello to my newest attempt at writing, "Hellfire":

Dear Rosalie,

It’s that time again. Your death day. Oh, yes, we still celebrate death days here at the Hemlock house. Apparently, the men in black care more about vampires than they want to admit. They still haven’t outlawed the practicing of Demonic. Otherwise I wouldn’t have to do this. Celebrating the day of your death is sick (and I’m sorry), but I’m writing to you now because Sari says I should. She told me that if I didn’t contact you, she would try, and I don’t want her to get in trouble with my parents. She’s been in enough trouble to last all of her immortal years. I swear, by the time she’s free of the Blackmen her arms will be totally covered in ink.

But enough about her. Dad says to make this letter short and sweet, so that we can get this whole “ceremony” (he calls it a sadistic ritual) over with as soon as possible. He says you didn’t know much anyway, when you died. And I guess you didn’t, did you? Do you still go to preschool in Heaven, Rosalie? You know, so you can learn all the stuff you don’t know?

Anyway. I guess all I want to say is I miss you, and I think about you all the time. Sari does too. She told me that in the bungalow, she keeps black candles burning under your picture in her room. That’s some weird ritual of hers—but I won’t tell her to stop. She wants to write something now. I’m going to let her.

Hello, Rosalie. This is Sari writing. I’d just wanted to add my own part to this letter, to let you know that I’m thinking about you. I’ll keep your candles burning—always. May you rest safe in Demona’s arms. Moonshine be upon you, my little star.

I’m back. I’m going to keep by goodbyes brief because in my mind you aren’t really gone. I miss you, Rosalie. I love you. Mom and Dad do too, but they say they won’t write. I’ll send this with enough love for all of us. Bye.

--Helen

If you want to see more, I would advise checking my list. :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

What a cool idea! I'm intrigued by this world that you've half created...LOL. Keep writing! It's amazing.

message 9: by Hope (new)

Hope Awww! Thank you.

My world is only half-created. Lol

message 10: by Hope (new)

Hope Though now I'm at a dead end...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

XD I meant that we got only a couple hints in the story, so we only know a bit about the world. ^^'

message 12: by Hope (new)

Hope I have added a new poem! Check out the lists. :D

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! I shall go see!

message 14: by Hope (new)

Hope XD

Haterade isn't allowed here, Rachel.

message 15: by Hope (new)

Hope Not at all.

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope :D

message 17: by Cami (new)

Cami (camikittr) | 327 comments HEY EVERYONE! I just got around to looking at your writing, Hope. It's quite wonderful. :)

message 18: by Hope (new)

Hope Oh, thank you Sugar! That means a lot. :)

message 19: by Cami (last edited Apr 12, 2012 05:22PM) (new)

Cami (camikittr) | 327 comments Any time, Hope. :) He he, I like being called Sugar. :P

message 20: by Hope (new)

Hope Ah! Yes, I'd like one. Don't know what of, though...maybe a black-and-white of a baseball bat, just lying on the grass?

message 21: by Hope (new)

Hope All right. I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have a new poem!

The Silver Spirit, it's called. Check it out!

message 22: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yea....

message 23: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I don't see it...

message 24: by Hope (new)

Hope That might be because I just updated the lists. Check again.

message 25: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Oh. *faceplam*

message 26: by Hope (new)

Hope :D

Tell me what you think.

message 27: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I for one liked it.

message 28: by Hope (new)

Hope I'm glad. It's a rather dark piece.

message 29: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yes, I saw that too.

message 30: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 18 comments love your poems! x