The Artists' Corner discussion

Your Artwork/Feedback > TeaDrinkingCat's Art! ^_^

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So I've just come here so people can view my art. I mostly draw ponies O_O, as I am in love with the show My Little Pony: Friendship is magic, and I belong to the group of "bronies" and "Pegasisters". It's quite fun. If anything, I need guidelines on shading, as I tend to go overboard with shading ALL THE TIME. But here is some of my work. ^_^

description
Just a young version of Rainbow Dash. This was done super quick, but I like how it turned out.

description
I got bored and drew my cat while I was in bed.

description
I made a small sketch of Rainbow Dash looking up into the sky. I might redo it so it looked more smooth, but I haven't started yet.

description
Another OC pony I made for a role play. Quickly done, I didn't even color in the black lines that outline her body.

description
Original Character Pony I made named Honeydew. ^_^

description
This was a re-do of my friends pony she made. I decided to do a nice drawing of her, as the only copy she had was blurry.

description
Just a cute cat I drew. Nuffin much.

description
And last but not least a young version of my OC.

Feedback is appreciated!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

I'll totally look up some tutorials.

I just got my Wacom Bamboo tablet, so I'm getting a hang of things. It's way harder to do manga on it, though. :/

But yes, I'm going crazy with airbrushing things. Tis so much fun. O_O

message 3: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 166 comments Tea Drinking Cat?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup! ^_^

I wanted to change my alias. I've been Silverstream since 2008, and frankly, I've outgrown the Warriors series (Though I still have the next book pre-ordered) enough to where my Internet name shouldn't be related to it.

But I'll still have Silverstream buried in my mind. :D

Wacoms are awesome. I got mine at Best Buy for one hundred dollars, and it works fine. It comes with the pad, pen, a special type of photo editor, and a free download of Photoshop. Though I'll stick to GIMP.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 26, 2012 09:59AM) (new)

description

Just kind of testing photo editing. I've never done much of it, so I just screwed around with all the tools in GIMP.

Anyway, 'dis is my kitty (lol he's eight) but his name is Tommy. I named him when I was six, so let's ignore the unoriginality of it. :D

message 6: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) | 22 comments Rainbow, I feel like a stalkerr:) Totally saw this group on your updates and wanted to join (I love to draw, mostly pencils)

YOUR ART IS ADORBS. I love it:)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, I join most of my groups through updates, so join the stalker club!

I can't wait to see some of your work! Thankies!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

More GIMP Image Edits:

I'm Watching You
description

My Secret Hideout
description

message 9: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 166 comments Tommy is the name of a horse I ride...

ANYWHO!

My animals don't even have real names. My black dog is Thunder. My brown dog is Cookie. My cat of many colors is named Precious (which she is far from).

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 02, 2012 07:25PM) (new)

The Great Big Sniff
description
My Pokemon, I Can Haz?
description
Thank You, Derpy
description

As most of you know, I am a pegasister/brony (a person who watches the show My Little Pony) and I mostly watch it for the plot, characters, and animation.
So, a huge issue came up. In the first episode, a cute little background character pony's eyes were "derped", or crooked. The fans of the show called her Derpy, and as a nod to the bronies and pegasisters, the show's produces, writers, directors, etc. would make her appear in certain spots.
anyway, in a recent episode, she actually talked, and Rainbow Dash said her name, "Now, careful, Derpy". Every fan of the show was super excited.
Then copyright issues came up, and basically they edited the episode, she now has an annoying "dumb-blonde" voice, and Rainbow Dash never said her name. A few people e-mailed Hasbro and the Hub saying they had found Derpy offensive, or something. So they screwed the entire character up.

ANYWAY in honor of Derpy a few days ago was called "Derpy Day", and the last drawing was part of an art event on EquestriaDaily.com. You had to draw a picture of Derpy smiling, so, there she is. ^_^

Feedback appreciated!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

description

Just an animation test I did. Took about five minutes. I still find teh bunny adorable. ^_^

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 03, 2012 08:19PM) (new)

Yayz! Since I submitted the Derpy drawing to Equestria Daily for the Derpy Art event, it placed 141 (also 156. I sumbitted it twice because I thought I screwed up, making me a noob.) out of 329. Not bad, for something I did in about an hour or two. I was just so happy to give back to Derpy (more or less giving back to the Hub, Hasbro, and Lauren Faust. Of course the fans), but for those of you who want to check it out, here's the page of all the art: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/03...

message 13: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 166 comments ADORABLE BUNNEH RABBIITT!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, so if you have GIMP, you know layers?

Just make an animation, using the layers as frames for each shot. Like, for one layer I did the bunny with his eyes open, next frame closed.

Then when you save it, save it as a GIF. When it goes over final details, it should have something checked that says "Flatten image". Uncheck it, and switch it to "save as animation".

I'm not so good at instructions, but if you get confused, just ask again. I'm actually doing an entire science project through animation. ^_^ Though I have over 400 frames, and it's getting REAALLLYYY laggy.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, so.... I don't normally do this stuff, but it was for a role play. I'm not really into gore or anything, and this isn't really that bad, at all, but I was kinda thinking about how I would never have done anything like this....lol. But, anyway, here ya' go.
description

*cough* So....yeah...

message 16: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 94 comments Your bunny is cute! In one of the frames there's a black spot by one of the ears though.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah....I know. I'm too lazy to fix it, though.

message 18: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 94 comments Hahaha (-;

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Daydreaming
description

Decided to draw Scootaloo, a filly pony from MLP. She has wings, but can't fly, and I just decided to something like this. ^_^

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

description

Drew myself as a pony. ^_^

I swear, this show is running my life. O_O

message 21: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 94 comments haha cute

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll Always Be Here
description

Request I did for a Goodreads member, Cat/Octavia.

Anyway, these are two of her OC's from a RP, the one awake is Wilted Rose, the one sleeping is Shattered Lullaby.

I liked doing this 'cause I got to screw around with tons of effects in GIMP, and I stuck with a canvas texture.

message 23: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 94 comments I think the texture adds a lot.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm sure you guys aren't all interested in my pony habit, but I'm not much good at drawing realistic stuff, so I prefer to stick to these lil' ponies until I develop into.... less embarrassing art habits. I can draw anime humans good, but they always turn out funky on my tablet, so I might scan in a few images of them.

Anywho, here's a random pony I drew:
description

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Practicing fur for my next project. ^_^

description

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, heard about that on Shay's FB post. That stinks.

Wacom's are sweet! Yes, I totally have one. It came with a CD for a new drawing software, which will sadly have to wait until we get my laptop's disc drive fixed. We held the computer funny when we carried it and now whenever you put a CD in, it scratches the heck out of it. But I saved my vast collection of Sims games, so we're all good. But my brother's good at downloading stuff off the internet, so we got the thing that lets the tablet actually work.

message 27: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 94 comments Rainbow Dash/TeaDrinkingCat wrote: "I'm sure you guys aren't all interested in my pony habit, but I'm not much good at drawing realistic stuff, so I prefer to stick to these lil' ponies until I develop into.... less embarrassing art ..."

Cute! And don't worry: the key to becoming a better artist is to do what interests you. For the longest time I was very frustrated with my art and I especially hated painting because nothing looked realistic and I didn't like being super realistic. Once I started expanding my viewpoint and learning more about different styles I started enjoying art a lot more. :-) Your ponies are cute and it's what you like doing now so it's all good. ;-)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Molly's Sister! I really appreciate it, and I kind of needed it.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

O_O They are oh so fun. Only thing I hate is front views of them. The noses look funny.

But I never get sick of them.

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 17, 2012 07:17PM) (new)

description

Quick thing I did. I forgot to upload it because I made i to celebrate myself going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but I guess now it's a celebration for Pottermore. :D

description

Quick drawing of Vixey from the Fox and the Hound.

message 31: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) I love the HP pony :D

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

:D Thanks!

Vixey was awful to do. I wanted to work with layers, so I could simply outline then color, but I stupidly fill-bucket(ed) the background with 80% opacity white. Which, when coloring, made the colors far less pop-outey. So instead I just colored on the same layer and just blended. It got me very flustered doing this, but I think it turned out okay.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah, I understand. I hate working with layers, but it must be done. I normally do lineart, do base colors a layer under the lineart, then lower the opacity of the lineart itself, erase any lumps of the coloring, then rid of the lineart, then work on the main shading and junk. O_O

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I shade, then it looks bumpy, so then I even it out. But I think your idea sounds better, though. I'll try that next time.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

My goodness, the season finale of Ponies was amazing. My mind exploded because of too much awesomeness.

Anyway, I just finished a quick thing from the show. If anyone plans on watching it, I'll just say this is what the evil minions look like, they're called Changlings:

description
Yeah. That's right. This show isn't for little girls now, is it? It actually was a pretty dark 2-part episode.

description
From another episode...One of the first ones. It's a short two-second scene and Pinkie's wearing all this stuff.

description

And lastly an OC I made real quick.

^_^

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 26, 2012 01:05PM) (new)

I lurved it. O_O I downloaded all the songs to my iPod the day it aired. "This Day Aria" is the best.

description

If anyone has a good title for the image above, that would be great. But it's now my most favorited piece on DA. ^_^

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

On GIMP, draw a single dot, then press SHIFT and it makes a straight line. ^_^

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, no problem.

Usename on dA is "TeaDrinkingCat". Easy as that. ^_^

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

description

Just a practice drawing of a dog. I suck at drawing any type of canines, and I'd really like to draw wolves later on. So I'm starting with cartoon dogs, then maybe realistic, and so on. I just can never get the muzzles right.

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 29, 2012 10:49AM) (new)

No idea who that is.... XD

I used Tramp from Lady and the Tramp for a reference, but chanced the face up and the colors. I mostly just glanced at a picture of him laying down and followed that.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, during Science class we watched a super boring movie on volcanoes, so I doodled a little, and drew Rainbow Dash as a human. So I'm currently working on digitalizing it, but this is what I've got so far:

Original Sketch:
description

Line-Art:
description

Quick Start on Coloring:
description

So, yeah! If you've got any tips, I'd love them!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

WB...?

message 43: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) WB... stands for Wonder Bolts, doesn't it?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup! Wonder Bolts. ^_^

message 45: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 94 comments You're improving so much! I love your Harry Potter pony picture. :-) And your drawing of Rainbow Dash as a human looks good so far!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks so much!

Gosh, I haven't updated this in awhile....

Twilight Sketch: Before and After

description
alt="description"/>

Rainbow Dash

description

Apple Bloom

description

*Hey, guys? Goodreads is really screwing up my images, and makes the text above them look funny. I've tried tabbing and entering beforehand, and it doesn't fix anything. Solutions?

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

^_^ Thanks! I thin Apple Bloom looks a little emotionless, though. I was going to make her cheeks more noticeable, my having them overlap her eyes slightly, but it just didn't work.

Also, I need a little help. :/

I'm working on an art request, and since I can't draw sketches very well on my bamboo pad, I have started to simply draw them and scan the image in.

Anyway, this normally works totally fine, but it's because I only use a small portion of the page (Ex: Twilight is only a really small corner of a math page). But for this particular drawing, I've had to take up an entire page. It's over one million pixels in length, and my laptop can't handle that. GIMP is getting very laggy; I've had to delete files off my computer just for it to run correctly.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to compress file sizes by pixels, that would be a lifesaver.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

description

This was a request of somepony's OC I did. I think I'm getting much better at drawing ponies, I'm really happy how this turned out. ^_^

message 49: by Jia, FAIL JIA. (new)

Jia | 421 comments Mod
This is such an improvement. Your anatomy has gotten better, lines cleaner. The eyes strike me the most, the expression is well done. Good job!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks so much, Jia! It means a lot! I've been doing a lot of sketches of different body positions; anatomy isn't my best subject area. But I'm glad I've improved!

« previous 1