Maniac Magee Maniac Magee discussion

Maniac Magee

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Corley Maniac Magee is about a boy whose parents get killed and he is sent to live with an aunt and uncle who do not speak to one another. After a small amount of time Jeffery “Maniac” Magee runs away from his aunt and uncle. He has many adventures on his run to find what he is looking for. Maniac Magee eventually ends up in a town that is divided. East end and West end. One end is all white and one end is all black. Jeffery doesn’t see color, he see’s people for who they are not what they look like. On his adventures, we meet many exciting people who are in need of Maniac’s help even though some don’t realize they need help. I thought this was a great book. It is a book that many students could relate to and it would give them an understanding that in some way’s history does repeat itself. There is racial divide in the book that we could teach students about and show them how they could deal with racial divide and how they can help others no matter what. The book was a quick read, but kept me wanting to know what was going to happen. The book takes many turns on this adventure and I loved how the book author makes all of this feasible and ties it all together.

Caroline It was okay

message 3: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria i loved it! it was really cute

Hannah I really liked the book. My class once read it for a novel study.