Addicted to YA discussion

Heroes > Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
Share your thoughts about Percy

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Percy is clever, leader like, sweet, charming, cool, adorable, wise, determined, friendly, easy going, calm, HOT, and exciting!!!! All together an amazing guy :) love him soooooo much!

message 3: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments I really enjoyed this one! Really liked Percy but absolutely loved all the gods mythology and how it was written into the story.

message 4: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Percy Jackson. Love him forever and always! He is such a brave and smart guy! Always determined to do good and help the world. :)

message 5: by Katy (new)

Katy I love Percy <3 He's my favorite in the series, along with Annabeth of course. I adore Percy's fatal flaw- that he loves his friends and family so much.

message 6: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1543 comments Mod
Mark of Athena made me love Percy even more <3 his love for annabeth, his funny moments, and the other point of views describing him. He's cute in a scruffy way, deep beautiful green eyes, always smells like the sea... *sigh* why can't he be real?

message 7: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments I've read all the Percy Jackson and the Olympian books and I want to read the other spinoffs series but I'm not sure which ones come next? Anyone know?

message 8: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments @Katy: Huh. Now you got me thinking about the story I'm currently writing - and the fact that my own MC's pretty much got the same flaw, to the point where he sheds tears upon seeing how happy his brother (a Nico fan) is to get an aviator jacket for his birthday.

(Not sure if you'll see this, considering it's been two years since you made that post, but whatever.)

@Sammy: The Heroes of Olympus series is the spin-off. The first book is The Lost Hero. It's not as good as the original series, but the sequels start getting steadily better, don't worry.

message 9: by Harlee (new)

Harlee I loved the original series, and I really love the spin off series. The Lost Hero is actually my least favorite of the new series. I might be biased because Percy wasn't in it, but still. That book was okay, the rest of them I loved!

message 10: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments @Harlee: Exactly. No Percy = loss of a couple of stars for me. Percy having no memory, and no Annabeth = loss of one star. Percabeth reunited? That's what I'm talkin' about!

message 11: by Harlee (new)

Harlee Even before they reunited, I loved Son of Neptune! Not only do we get Percy back, but I like Hazel and I looooove Frank :)

message 12: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) Haha Harlee, Son of Neptune was my least favourite. Hazel and Frank didn't really resonate with me at first. But Percy was back, and that was more than enough to keep me going. He's awesome in every way.

message 13: by Harlee (new)

Harlee I don't know what it was, but I immediately liked Hazel and Frank wayyy more than Piper and Leo. (especially Piper)

message 14: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) Harlee wrote: "I don't know what it was, but I immediately liked Hazel and Frank wayyy more than Piper and Leo. (especially Piper)"

Leo took a long time to warm up to, but I ended up loving him. Piper I was fine with right from the start, although she reminded me a bit of Annabeth at first.

I think I didn't like Frank and Hazel at the beginning because I was too overwhelmed with new characters, what with Jason, Piper, and Leo already. (Remember, I read all 9 books at once, so I had no time to process all of the new characters.)

message 15: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments Ricky wrote: "@Harlee: Exactly. No Percy = loss of a couple of stars for me. Percy having no memory, and no Annabeth = loss of one star. Percabeth reunited? That's what I'm talkin' about!"

Wait he lost his memory!? Since when? Is percy the guy on the bus in the beginning?

message 16: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (SammyHope) | 608 comments And what about the book 'The Demigod Diaries?' On Goodreads it says that that book (that was not a typo) is apart of the Heroes of Olympus series. But I'm not sure if it's the last book or just another spinoff. And also what's the Demigod Files book about?
Yes lots of questions but the Percy Jackson books were so good and I really want to read the other ones, but in the right order.

message 17: by Harlee (new)

Harlee @Sammy I read the Demigod Diaries. I'm not exactly sure where it falls into place in the series. There is a story about Percy and Annabeth doing a quest for Hermes, Leo, Jason, and Piper chase down an experiment of his (and I think they do this before the dragon is done being repaired) and there is also a story about Luke and Thalia when they were younger.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Percy guy, that I´ve laughed WITH many times when I´ve read the series about him. Rick Riordan does just have a good abillity to make his story and characters funny, but also just... (I don´t think there is a exactly word for what I´m trying to explain), and Percy represents that. He is just one you would like to have as your friend. And I really like his powers!

message 19: by Harlee (new)

Harlee Percy Jackson is one of my all time favorite book characters!

message 20: by Amphitrite (new)

Amphitrite (ravenclaweruditedemigodselected) | 9 comments First of all it is Persassy Jackson thank you and he has been awarded the best boyfriend award of the century. Not only did he protect Annabeth from monsters and spiders and makes funny, sassy remarks but he also fell into Tarturus just so that he doesn't lose Annabeth again. Name one fictional character who would go to the monster's home plate just so that his girlfriend wouldn't face it alone. Not written no proof. He even looked after Nico, a son of Hades, born to have darkness follow his every step. Even when he could be the coolest guy in school he chooses to hang out with the outcast and make sure they aren't bullied instead. Seriously he is amazing and awkward and brave not so smart but every guy has their flaws right and he has Annabeth to help him with that.

message 21: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cindy_dryer) | 4 comments Alexandria wrote: "First of all it is Persassy Jackson thank you and he has been awarded the best boyfriend award of the century. Not only did he protect Annabeth from monsters and spiders and makes funny, sassy rema..."

You forgot to mention that he also gave up immortality for
Annabeth(which just further proves your point that he is totally the best protagonist of all time)

message 23: by Emily (new)

Emily | 100 comments Percy Jackson is one of my favourite book characters. He is brave, selfless, funny and kind. He is all that you want from a character and so much more.

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna Sobczak (reader222) Best Character by FAR.

message 25: by antoanaxo (new)

antoanaxo | 95 comments Percy is your dream boyfriend. He's not ignorant, obnoxious and horrible like some boys (not all) he's loyal,brave, funny. And he's HOT!

message 26: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (NikkisNook) | 35 comments Percy is my favorite character of ALL books of ALL time! His fatal flaw is literally loyalty to a fault. He is also VERY funny and relatable, both in his dialogue and point-of-view.

message 27: by Julia (new)

Julia Hörmayer I hated Percy Jackson and I don't get why it's so popular. Okay, the mythology was interesting and that was also the only reason for me to read it but Percy is just the most annoying character that has ever appeared in a book.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexandria wrote: "First of all it is Persassy Jackson thank you and he has been awarded the best boyfriend award of the century. Not only did he protect Annabeth from monsters and spiders and makes funny, sassy rema..."

Yes!!!

message 29: by Hailey (new)

Hailey | 5 comments Julia wrote: "I hated Percy Jackson and I don't get why it's so popular. Okay, the mythology was interesting and that was also the only reason for me to read it but Percy is just the most annoying character that..."

Percy is the best character ever. He is funny, sassy, loyal, and just amazing. You want to know why it is so popular? Because it is a great series and tons of people recognize that.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Percy is the most unique protagonist ive ever seen man he is brave friendly like every other protagonist but he is so hilarious there is no one like him he is superb

message 31: by Fry (new)

Fry Dino (fryingbooks) | 31 comments Percy is the best! He's funny, loyal, friendly, and SASSY!!!

message 32: by Elm (new)

Elm I ADORE Percy. He's sweet, funny, adorable, and not your traditional "bad boy arrogant insufferable prat but the girl falls in love with him anyway!" I love that about him.

message 33: by Evelyne (new)

Evelyne I started reading the Percy Jackson series a few weeks ago (I know I started very late)but I love it so much. Percy is so funny and a real badass! Why can't these characters be real people?

message 34: by Skydreamer (new)

Skydreamer Lee | 151 comments Amphitrite wrote: "First of all it is Persassy Jackson thank you and he has been awarded the best boyfriend award of the century. Not only did he protect Annabeth from monsters and spiders and makes funny, sassy rema..."

YASSSS PERSASSYYYYY

message 35: by Skydreamer (new)

Skydreamer Lee | 151 comments BEST MAIN CHARACTER EVER!!!! He's loyal, he's sarcastic, and would go through EVERYTHING for his friends, family and his girlfriend. I really envy Annabeth for having a boyfriend like him

message 36: by Geordan (new)

Geordan (saundgeo) | 0 comments Percy is my life........is that bad?

message 37: by Olivier (new)

Olivier Delaye Geordan wrote: "Percy is my life........is that bad?"

Nope. As long as you own it;-)

message 38: by Jin (new)

Jin Ryoo | 201 comments Percy = Sacrcasm

I loved Percy's sarcasm throughout every book he was in, so...

HE'S THE BEST

message 39: by lemon (new)

lemon ((i wanna be your vacuum cleaner)) (makevocaloidgreatagain) the best

message 40: by Stanlei (new)

Stanlei Bellan | 4 comments A hero needs to be more than just heroics, and sense of humor is a big thing for me. Kudos to Percy in that respect.

message 41: by Ishaan (new)

Ishaan Bohra | 64 comments The Lighting Thief is and always will be my favorite book. It's filled with pure awesomeness. Percy gets brave every moment that passes, Grover is so cool man and Annabeth....Well, I sort of had a crush on her (still have).... But other than that, Poseidon's a jackass, Thalia is danger alert and that snake Luke.

message 42: by P A R I (new)

P A R I percy jackson is a rude, overrated, annoying character change my mind.

message 43: by Jin (new)

Jin Ryoo | 201 comments P A R I wrote: "percy jackson is a rude, overrated, annoying character change my mind."

ME: .... plz tell me you actually don't think that.

Have you read until the end of the series?
HOA?
TOA?
EVERYTHING ELSE?

If you have, then text me. If you haven't, well, do and then text me.

(CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE THINKS THAT...)

message 44: by Laasya (new)

Laasya Allam ☾ | 179 comments I lovvvvvvveeeeeeeee himmmmmm!!! Marryyy me!!!

Rithara~❤️The Astrophilia ❤️ (rithara) | 63 comments I looooooooooooooveeeeeeee all Rick Riordan's books!!!!!!!

message 46: by Chaya (on Break) (new)

Chaya (on Break) (theobsessivebookoholic) | 60 comments P A R I wrote: "percy jackson is a rude, overrated, annoying character change my mind."

If you hated him so much than why did you rate 5 stars?/

Rithara~❤️The Astrophilia ❤️ (rithara) | 63 comments @Pari why do u hate him??? I want the reasons!!!!

message 48: by Rajeswari (new)

Rajeswari Roy (booklover_rae) | 2 comments All Percy Jackson books are amazinggggggg

message 49: by May (new)

May | 576 comments I hated the movies they mixed the story up to much. 😤 But the books were great!

Rithara~❤️The Astrophilia ❤️ (rithara) | 63 comments Oh yeah...the Peter Johnson movies

« previous 1