Addicted to YA discussion

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
This topic is about The Last Olympian
Series > The Last Olympian

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5215 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 9 comments Just started the Last Olympian and it's getting exciting :D

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments I basically read these books back to back -the gap between the books was around 5 seconds? So yeah I was hooked! :) I can see that its aimed for younger teens, but I still enjoyed the series. There was a lot of action and fighting and it was really enjoyable and fun to read!

I heard of the Heros of Olympus -Lost hero and the other two. But I don't know if I should read them. I mean I definitely miss the books. The same characters are supposed to show up as secondary characters. I've heard that people disliked it because it ruined the Percy Jackson books for them- apparently these weren't as good- so I don't know, its on my to-read shelf I'll have to read them some day.

Zohal I loved the end of this book

message 5: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela I love the ending too, so glad Percy and Annabeth got together <3

message 6: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Noor wrote: "I basically read these books back to back -the gap between the books was around 5 seconds? So yeah I was hooked! :) I can see that its aimed for younger teens, but I still enjoyed the series. There..."

I liked them beacuse I loved the humour in Percy Jackson, and I really liked the world, I find it slightly annoying that Percy isn't as prominent as he is in the other books but I still can't wait for the next one!

Jack | 113 comments I really liked this series, and I think the Last Olympian was one of the best books in it. Riordan did a great job of wrapping things up in it, and also, the major fight was really interesting to read about, especially with all the twists that occurred during it.

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Ela wrote: "I liked them beacuse I loved the humour in Percy Jackson, and I really liked the world, I find it slightly annoying that Percy isn't as prominent as he is in the other books but I still can't wait for the next one! "

me too! the humour was great! and yeah the worl he created was really intriguing! ok so its not like the plot is awful?? just that there wasnt as much of percy in it?

message 9: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy EPIC!! I loved the battle and I loved the PERCABETH!!!

message 10: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela yeah the kiss at the end was so sweet! :)

message 11: by cy (last edited Apr 21, 2012 04:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy sooo cute, when the whole camp comes out onto the beach!!! and percy getting all embarassed!!

Maddy | 30 comments I really liked this series and the way this book especially ended. I read them a while ago but plan on reading them again.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Oh we all read this series again and again!

message 14: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Oh we all read this series again and again!"

Second that! :D

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Seriously though, this is my go to book when I have nothing to read!

Harmony | 13 comments Bah! This book meant that after I was done reading it, no more Percy Jackson series! I was so upset haha. But the ending was fantastic

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Harmony wrote: "Bah! This book meant that after I was done reading it, no more Percy Jackson series! I was so upset haha. But the ending was fantastic"

And Heroes of Olympus just isn't the same...:(

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I love the ending!

Alice (alice20) Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Harmony wrote: "Bah! This book meant that after I was done reading it, no more Percy Jackson series! I was so upset haha. But the ending was fantastic"

And Heroes of Olympus just isn't the same...:("

I totally agree! It isn't as funny, either.

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4 comments I'm only about half way through but so far I'm really enjoying it! :D

message 21: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1543 comments Mod
Noor wrote: "I basically read these books back to back -the gap between the books was around 5 seconds? So yeah I was hooked! :) I can see that its aimed for younger teens, but I still enjoyed the series. There..."

Those people who say that are crazy, Heroes of Olympus was just as good, if not better! A lot of things from the first series are answered, like why California is such a bad place for Greeks. Old characters are in it, Percy and Annabeth are still MAIN characters, but Rick does take the first book to introduce the new characters. Such as the amazing Leo Valdez <3 but anyways back to this book.

I LOVED Last Olympian! I swear each book I read is the BEST and then I'll read is new book and it'll will turn out EVEN BETTER than the last! I don't know how he does it >.< The twist endings, Luke, Nico, Percabeth, even Rachel, just awesome <3

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) That underwater kiss :))) haha!

message 23: by T. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T. Sae-Low Finished the whole series a little while back and I have to say it's one of my favorites thus far. I thought the movie wasn't very good to be honest, but Riordan did a fantastic job with his novels. I like how he paced his stories, especially The Last Olympian. Tyson's such a great character too! Great inspiration for my own characters and writing as well.

Robyn | 34 comments This is my favourite book in the series!
I really love Percy, and Percabeth : )

Janna (mzhyde) | 469 comments Loved this book. I really liked how Riordan described the battles. It's a nice conclusion to the series.

message 26: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor Al lawati | 69 comments It was a really exciting book .. I bought #1 years ago but didn't get that interested but this year I watched the first movie and I had to read them all !!

message 27: by It’s.Annie (new)

It’s.Annie (itsannieeee) | 200 comments didn't read it or the first book