Addicted to YA discussion

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
This topic is about The Sea of Monsters
Series > The Sea of Monsters

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Alyce (At Home With Books) | 3 comments My sons and I are just a few chapters into this one. I'll have to come back and comment again when we finish. We like it so far!

Zohal one of my faves in the series

message 4: by cy (last edited Apr 18, 2012 09:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy this one was ok, I liked the others better, still an epic percy jackson book though!!

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Cy wrote: "this one was ok, I liked the others better, still an epic percy jackson book though!!"

Agreed... This was my least favourite of the series... But it was still awesome for certain scenes... Like in that cab!!!

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments I love The Sea of Monsters because it's a retelling of Homer's Odyssey. I'm so excited for the movie!

message 7: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Didn't like this as much as the others, I just tend not to like books set on boats. :)

message 8: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy Perfection wrote: "Cy wrote: "this one was ok, I liked the others better, still an epic percy jackson book though!!"

Agreed... This was my least favourite of the series... But it was still awesome for certain scenes..."

Every one has epic moments but this one just lacked...oh i don't know? Pzazz?

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments yeahhhhhhhh...... Pizaazzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments Have you seen this? Annabeth is finally blonde! <3

description

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments I think she's prettier as a blonde than a brunette. And she looks more like the Annabeth I had in mind!

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Yeahhhhhh.... You'll need to change you profile pic!! Lol...

message 14: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy Nicole wrote: "Have you seen this? Annabeth is finally blonde! <3

"

oh mi daugter of a goddess!!! and logan had a haircut I see, well, he better grow it back 4 the movie

message 15: by Nicole (last edited Apr 22, 2012 02:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments Perfection wrote: "Yeahhhhhh.... You'll need to change you profile pic!! Lol..."

I guess I'll change it when I finish making an edit XD

Cy wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Have you seen this? Annabeth is finally blonde! <3

"

oh mi daugter of a goddess!!! and logan had a haircut I see, well, he better grow it back 4 the movie"

I think this photo was shot while they're in the middle of their shooting! So I think that would be Logan's haircut for the movie. I still love him!! <3

message 16: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Yay Annabeth's blonde!!!! :D

message 17: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy Nicole wrote: "Perfection wrote: "Yeahhhhhh.... You'll need to change you profile pic!! Lol..."

I guess I'll change it when I finish making an edit XD

Cy wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Have you seen this? Annabeth is f..."

yeah so do i but he looks better with long hair!!! WAAAA!!!!!

message 18: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy i'm probably gonna go see it, even though its probably gonna be as stuffed up as the first one :(

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments Yeah, I will, too. Though I'm still hoping that they'll stay loyal to the book this time..

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Yeah... That's gonna happen.. My advice: Don't get your hopes up...

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments I know, but I can't help it. Especially since they dyed Alexandra's hair. It's one step towards being loyal to the book.

message 22: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy yes, They left way too much out, and pearls? that happens in the book, but not like in the movie??? i mean seriously, come on people!!

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Blonde Annabeth... Huh.... They think they're being really smart and stuff by trying to delude us into thinking it isn't gonna be as pathetic as the first.

message 24: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy lol, as if!!

message 26: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy mhmm that's what i thought!!

message 27: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Tbh I'm surprised they're bothering to do another film, I thought the first one was a bust.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments You didn't need to THINK it was a flop because it WAS....

message 29: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy yeah but people who watched it and haven't read the books?

message 30: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1545 comments Mod
They already screwed up annabeth in the first film... Why fix it now?!?! Just keep it as bad as it was!

message 31: by Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* (last edited May 11, 2012 08:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Nawwwww .... I think the way the fans came out in support of lovely wonderful ORIGINAL blonde Annabeth. It's probably to save their own skin that they're doing this...

message 32: by cy (new) - rated it 5 stars

cy yup..

Harmony | 13 comments This book was good, I liked Tyson

message 34: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
Just finished this book today after putting it off for a couple of weeks to read other books. It was good but not my favorite book.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments It's the only book other than The Lost Hero that I didn't really like of his. Even this was quite good coz I like Tyson.

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 188 comments didnt get into the cyclops in this book not the best in the series

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Least favorite book in PJO series. I hope the movie is good.

message 38: by T. (new) - rated it 3 stars

T. Sae-Low Heard they're making this into a movie. I hope it's better than the first, which isn't saying much, that movie was just meh...

Flore (florefritz) totally agree with you, T.

Kelly | 523 comments I just hope the movie is better than the book. But I don't have very high hopes for for the movie.