Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

What is your favorite magical creature (from any book in Harry Potter)?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Occamy Potter Occamy My favorite Creatures are the Basilsk,Fire Crab,
Hippocampus,Mooncalf,Niffler,Re'em,Winged Horse, and
Billywig.

Amanda I really love those pixies from the second book in Lockhart's class. They did a great job of it in the film too. Also I love the minotaurs from the Forbidden Forest.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

Occamy Potter Occamy Amanda wrote: "Also I love the minotaurs from the Forbidden Forest." I didn't know there were minotaurs. Do you mean the centaurs?

Amanda Oh sorry, haha! Centaurs!! haha, typing mix-up! Thanks for that!

Occamy Potter Occamy No problem^o^

Area 41 Nifflers yay!:)

Ivana The Phoenix, Fawkes.

message 8: by MJ (last edited Feb 26, 2012 12:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

MJ Phoenix, winged horses, hippogriff, dragons but the thestrals are by far the coolest.

Occamy Potter Occamy MJ wrote: "Phoenix, winged horses, hippogriff, dragons but the thestrals are by far the coolest."
I agree!

message 10: by Jasmine (new) - added it

Jasmine bowtruckles!

Egg.com thestrals!

Shubham Fawkes, the Phoenix without a doubt the greatest Harry Potter magical creature.
Secondly, Nothing comes close to Buckbeak (It helped rescue Sirius)
Then, Thestrals, for their uniqueness!!!

message 13: by Occamy Potter (last edited Feb 27, 2012 07:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Occamy Potter Occamy The wrote: "Fawkes, the Phoenix without a doubt the greatest Harry Potter magical creature.
Secondly, Nothing comes close to Buckbeak (It helped rescue Sirius)
Then, Thestrals, for their uniqueness!!!"

That is all true.

message 14: by Habz (new) - added it

Habz A baby gold unicorn...sooooooooo beautiful:)

Occamy Potter Occamy Habz wrote: "A baby gold unicorn...sooooooooo beautiful:)" Which book are you referring to?

message 16: by Habz (last edited Feb 27, 2012 08:57AM) (new) - added it

Habz Goblet of Fire i'm sure...when Professor Grubbly-plank replaces Hagrid for a short while...she taught them Unicorns and Bowtruckles

Shubham area 51+egg.com wrote: "MJ wrote: "Phoenix, winged horses, hippogriff, dragons but the thestrals are by far the coolest."
I agree!"

True..

Occamy Potter Occamy The wrote: "area 51+egg.com wrote: "MJ wrote: "Phoenix, winged horses, hippogriff, dragons but the thestrals are by far the coolest."
I agree!"

True.."
Yes, it is true.

Erica Nabena griffin

Ciara Fawkes, Buckbeak, and Dobby. Definately Dobby as number 1, if he counts. He is a house-elf, not exactly a wizard. So yes, I guess Dobby ig he counts! :D

message 21: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Fawkes, Buckbeak, and Dobby. (like Ciara) But also dragons. Their just awesome in their own special way. :)>

Ciara LOL yes dragons are awesome too! But I wouldn't like to battle one like Harry in the Triwizard Tournament!

message 23: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Habz wrote: "A baby gold unicorn...sooooooooo beautiful:)"

Oooohh, good one!!!

Marshall nifflers

Samantha The Escapist I liked the sphynx in the 4th book.

I WANT a thestral! Pheonixes are damned useful and the nifflers are cuddly :D

But what I really want is one of those magicked mini dragons from the tournament to be a living thing and to also be my pet :3

Minie Buckbeak!

James what were those things that guard wand trees called? its been ages since ive read those books. i think they were made of wood and had long, sharp fingers. I reckon it would be pretty cool to have couple of them in your front yard

message 28: by Habz (new) - added it

Habz Samantha wrote: "I liked the sphynx in the 4th book.

I WANT a thestral! Pheonixes are damned useful and the nifflers are cuddly :D

But what I really want is one of those magicked mini dragons from the tournam..."

wanting or having a Thestral does not necessarily mean seeing a Thestral..that would be horrible *shudders*

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Thestrals !!!

Marshall Nifflers!:)

message 31: by Alex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alex Amanda wrote: "Oh sorry, haha! Centaurs!! haha, typing mix-up! Thanks for that!"

It would have been more exciting to have minotaurs in the forest.

Marshall Yah! That would be cool. I think that they would be more scary then werewolfs

Olivia Thestrals, Centaurs, and Hippogriffs:)

Maura Mccormick Hippogriffs are my favorite, who doesn't LOVE Buckbeak? I think he's cute.

Olivia Maura wrote: "Hippogriffs are my favorite, who doesn't LOVE Buckbeak? I think he's cute."

True...he is adorable!

Occamy Potter Occamy Olivia wrote: "Thestrals, Centaurs, and Hippogriffs:)" 1 2 3 yea!

Amanda Alex wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Oh sorry, haha! Centaurs!! haha, typing mix-up! Thanks for that!"

It would have been more exciting to have minotaurs in the forest."

Ya that would've been pretty cool, maybe I was on to something there haha!

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...