The Sword and Laser discussion

Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1)
This topic is about Old Man's War
TV, Movies and Games > Old Man's War to be made into a movie.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (last edited Feb 26, 2012 05:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments http://io9.com/5768675/john-scalzis-o...

I know this is old news from February last year and I checked to see if anyone had reported it on the forums but a quick forum search didn't find anything other than one or two mentions in threads non-specific to the book.

Just started reading this book and I'm thinking it will make a excellent movie. Looks like Wolfgang Petersen has been attached to the project. This should be a fun movie if its anything like the 1/3 of the book I've read so far.

message 2: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1556 comments Someone set up a web site dedicated to this book-
http://old-mans-war-movie-trailer.blo...

As far as the movie-
They have a studio and a director and
someone writing the screen play.
No news on the actors, or released date.
I hope they do a good job of it.

Kate O'Hanlon (kateohanlon) | 778 comments Warren wrote: "IF they do a proper job of it
(Avatar quality sfx not not another Starship Trooper)
It would be a terrific movie.
Here's hoping."

I love the Starship Troopers movie, Old Man's War reminded me a little of it actually.
I'm hearby starting a campaign that the Old Man's War film be made in the style of Starship Troopers.

message 4: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1556 comments There's no arguing taste.
I like John Scalzi's books and hope the movie does well.

Remington | 38 comments I love this book so much. I have a bad feeling about it being made into a movie. There are so many places where a movie could go wrong.

message 6: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1556 comments Agree. The special effects are advanced enough so they should be able
shoot it with out having to compromise on the script.
Hopefully it a block buster and not a direct to DVD flick.

Tamahome | 6352 comments Perhaps the next S&L pick? Or is that Blue Remembered Earth?

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Tamahome wrote: "Perhaps the next S&L pick? Or is that Blue Remembered Earth?"

I voted for it in another thread but I'll say it again here "Seconded!"

terpkristin | 4190 comments I think it would be a nice "return to the past" to do Old Man's War, since one of the first books read here was The Forever War, if memory serves.

Tamahome | 6352 comments I think all these books are in coversation with each other: Starship Troopers, The Forever War, Old Man's War, Armor.

message 11: by Nick (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Just finished it. I can definitely see this working as a movie. I really enjoyed it. Great read!