}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things Mermaid O<~{ discussion

Meeresflüstern (Meeresflüstern, #1)
This topic is about Meeresflüstern
The Books > Meeresflüstern - Patricia Schroeder (German)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 261 comments Oh, that cover is unbelievably pretty - with glittering salt grains embossed on the surface. I almost bought it yesterday because of that.

Luckily I didn't. the ratings are ba-had. The story reminds me of Tempest Rising and the heroine falls for her merboy in an unparalleled case of unfightable instant-infatuation. Most of the Amazon reviews complain about that.

message 2: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) That cover is very gorgeous. I love the seashell. But it sucks that its that instant attraction thing again. I always feel like authors who do that are underestimating their reader's intelligence.

message 3: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
The instant love thing is the worst cop out one could ever hope to use. It lets you bypass all the good mushy build-up that is so so hard to write but pays off so well.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Knight (ashleyknight) | 98 comments Buuuuttt.... I have lived that fairy tale & there's TONS of gushy, mushy love stuff. You make a very good point - it shouldnt be skipped - there should be more written. Then it turns from YA to A very quickly! Bwa ha ha!!!

message 5: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
Pretty much, lol.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

love the cover love the book

}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tempest Rising (other topics)