What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. juvenile: psychic little brother

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leela4 (new)

Leela4 | 117 comments I can only remember a few things about this juvenile book from the 1980s or earlier:

Book concerns two brothers. I don't remember if they're orphaned or if their parents are away while their father undergoes treatment for cancer.

The main character's little brother is psychic. It is implied that it's a result of their father's exposure to radiation.

The little brother has trouble with a bully. The bully gets lost in the woods. The little brother can find him, but the main character worries that people will think his brother is responsible for the bully being lost.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Leela4, are you still looking for this book?

message 3: by Leela4 (new)

Leela4 | 117 comments Yes. I'm surprised there have been no suggestions. Perhaps it was an unusual book for an author who normally wrote quite different things?

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
You should bump this about once a month or so, so that it attracts the attention of new members and reminds older members that they should be keeping an eye out for it.

I'm assuming that this is a YA? If so, what are they doing for "adult supervision" as it were?

message 5: by Leela4 (new)

Leela4 | 117 comments They're living with a married couple, but I don't remember a thing about them, which is very odd because those relationships would be important in a juvenile book of the time. I have no idea if the couple is related to the boys. Which is odd because the boys not from this town.

Hm, I don't remember anything of the sort, but the little I do remember would make more sense if the boys were actually living with one of the couple while the other was away helping the boys' parents.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No answer in 2.5 years. Moving to Abandoned.