Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Supernatural

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments I just discovered the show Supernatural on Netflix and I'm addicted. It's been on since 2005 and I had never seen an episode. Does anyone else love this show?

I also love the supernatural beings they've shown...what are some of your favorites?

message 2: by Blue (new)

Blue (bookishblueuk) | 65 comments Ahhh.

I have seen this show from the START! It is brilliant! :D
I am actually doing an essay on the show for my university course! Hehe.

Some of my favs include Shifters and the Wendigo! But I like so many of them!

message 3: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12304 comments Mod
LOVE Supernatural! I've watched it from the start, too. My daughter just discovered it on Netflix, too, and so I've been rewatching it with her :)

message 4: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Faye {Daydreaming_Star} wrote: "Ahhh.

I have seen this show from the START! It is brilliant! :D
I am actually doing an essay on the show for my university course! Hehe.

Some of my favs include Shifters and the Wendigo! But I li..."

I loved the one with the Wendingo too!

I did the same with the movie Avatar, I wrote an essay for one of my courses!!

message 5: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Sheri wrote: "LOVE Supernatural! I've watched it from the start, too. My daughter just discovered it on Netflix, too, and so I've been rewatching it with her :)"

Sheri, my sister got me hooked. Your daughter's lucky, I wish I had someone to watch it with :-)

message 6: by Rebecka (new)

Rebecka Omg I love it!!! I don't know which creature I like the most they're all awesome.

message 7: by Karina (new)

Karina Kantas have watched very episode and have every season on DVD. Was a little worried last week when they did the clown episode, as I Hate clowns. But thankfully it wasn't scary.

message 8: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Karina - LadyHawk wrote: "have watched very episode and have every season on DVD. Was a little worried last week when they did the clown episode, as I Hate clowns. But thankfully it wasn't scary."

I hate clowns too!! I'm finishing up Season 1, so I have a while before I have to watch it.

I thought the Bloody Mary episode was really good too!!

message 9: by Blue (new)

Blue (bookishblueuk) | 65 comments Oooh! I love the Bloody Mary episode! :D Gets you a bit creeped out! haha. :D

Annnnd, I haven't seen the newest season, as I wasn't that happy with season 6 (only got halfway through it) but I do plan on catching up at some point. eeeek! lool.

SO glad to see so many Supernatural lovers here though <3 :D

message 10: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Bloody Mary was a very creepy episode.

I'm happy to see there are fans of the show too!

message 11: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Linwood (alycia_linwood) I love Supernatural! Wish I had time to go back to first three seasons and watch them again. I still like the new episodes, but I just feel they're not as awesome as the early ones.

message 12: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) I've watched this show from the beginning and own every season. It's outstanding. I think the season finale for Season 3 was the most psychologically disturbing thing I've seen. But it was SO good!

By the way, TNT shows it in syndication weekdays at 10AM and 11AM and original episodes will start airing again in 2 weeks on CW - Fridays at 9PM.

message 13: by Sherri (last edited Mar 02, 2012 07:01PM) (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) P.S. I'd say the devil was my favorite. And yes, I know that doesn't sound quite right. And Death. I actually liked Death (pizza and fried pickles - who would have figured?). That's getting into later seasons (5-6).

message 14: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments I've just gotten to the second season, but that episode where (view spoiler) And I've finally seen vampires!!

Thanks Sheri, I didn't know when the new episodes aired

message 15: by Sherri (last edited Mar 02, 2012 07:17PM) (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) Oh, you're going to see so much more. The end of the world is coming, complete with angels and demons. Wait until Seasons 4 and 5. Those were the best! And Castiel. I really like him (Season 4). Hoping they'll find a way to bring him back this season :)

message 16: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Linwood (alycia_linwood) ahaha so I'm not the only one who liked Death! Yes, I'm aware how that sounds O.o But he's just so awesome and fun. XD Yep, even writing this feels wrong.

message 17: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Sherri wrote: "Oh, you're going to see so much more. The end of the world is coming, complete with angels and demons. Wait until Seasons 4 and 5. Those were the best!"

My sister (she recommended the show because knows I like vampires/werewolves/etc.) is on season 4 and she says its AMAZING!! She always talks about a demon named Ruby, I think...

message 18: by Ada (new)

Ada Adams (ada_adams) I love "Supernatural" as well! I've been very busy and am behind on the current season, but I heard that it's really intense. The show has a great mix of humor, drama, horror and boys! :)

message 19: by Micheal (new)

Micheal Hay (michealarthurjameshay) | 4 comments I found the vampires and werewolves a little disappointing, because, well, they're not so powerful and glamorous. Having said that, that might have been the point, in which case the other creatures and creepy crawlies seem to carry more presence.
My favorite creatures have been the paigan gods so far, like that scarecrow in the apple orchard, or that Christmas couple, or even Paris Hilton. Having said that, Death had a pretty grand entrance, and I like how they portrayed him as prudent, so I'm with you on that one Sherri!

message 20: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Micheal, I also dislike the vampires. I don't like the way their teeth look.

message 21: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) I know it sounds crazy, but Death was great! He had that dry humor and you just couldn't help but like him. Ruby was a character too - definitely one to keep an eye on! I also loved the pagan gods episode too. It was very interesting!

message 22: by Ada (new)

Ada Adams (ada_adams) I agree with you guys in regard to the vampires. I liked that they changed some of the lore, but those teeth creeped me out!

Sherri, I loved, loved, loved "Death"! The actor did an amazing job being both humorous and very disturbing.

message 23: by Nuzaifa (new)

Nuzaifa (n-u-z-a-i-f-a) Omg!!!Totally love the series!Done with Season 4 and just starting Season 5.

Love Dean & Castiel-They are like super awesome! :D

message 24: by Nuzaifa (new)

Nuzaifa (n-u-z-a-i-f-a) Tammy wrote: "Micheal, I also dislike the vampires. I don't like the way their teeth look."

Yeah,I didn't like the vamp teeth either!
One of my fave episodes was "Cris Angel is a Douche Bag"!Was hilarious!

message 25: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 148 comments O.M.G! A thread about supernatural! I love that show! I am eagerly awaiting season 7 at the moment. The show just gets better and better. It manages to be creepy and scary while still maintaining a humorous edge. The eye candy in the form of Jensen and Jared also goes a long way to making it a kick ass show.

message 26: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 148 comments Faye {Daydreaming_Star} wrote: "Oooh! I love the Bloody Mary episode! :D Gets you a bit creeped out! haha. :D

Annnnd, I haven't seen the newest season, as I wasn't that happy with season 6 (only got halfway through it) but I do ..."

I agree about the direction that season 6 took but am hoping it will pick up in season 7 again.

message 27: by Nuzaifa (new)

Nuzaifa (n-u-z-a-i-f-a) Amos wrote: "O.M.G! A thread about supernatural! I love that show! I am eagerly awaiting season 7 at the moment. The show just gets better and better. It manages to be creepy and scary while still maintaining a..."

I know right!I discovered this thread like a few minutes ago and I like "WOOOOOOOW!" :D

Jensen is definitely "eye candy"! :P

message 28: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 148 comments I find him too perfect looking, I mean that guy has no physical flaws whatsoever! I love to look at him but Jared is the one for me ;)

message 29: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Amos wrote: "I find him too perfect looking, I mean that guy has no physical flaws whatsoever! I love to look at him but Jared is the one for me ;)"

Lol!

message 30: by Nuzaifa (new)

Nuzaifa (n-u-z-a-i-f-a) Seriously??!
For me it's Dean all the way! ;)

message 31: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 148 comments Does anyone else think that Jensen is too good looking? I mean I was watching supernatural the other day and thought, if you stick a wig and slap some make up on him he'd make a beautiful woman. *Shrugs* maybe I am just twisted.

message 32: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 148 comments Nuzaifa wrote: "Seriously??!
For me it's Dean all the way! ;)"

That's good, so we can skip the tug of war ;)

message 33: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Amos wrote: "O.M.G! A thread about supernatural! I love that show! I am eagerly awaiting season 7 at the moment. The show just gets better and better. It manages to be creepy and scary while still maintaining a..."

I love that the show is both scary/creepy and humorous.

message 34: by Nuzaifa (new)

Nuzaifa (n-u-z-a-i-f-a) Amos wrote: "Does anyone else think that Jensen is too good looking? I mean I was watching supernatural the other day and thought, if you stick a wig and slap some make up on him he'd make a beautiful woman. *..."
LOL!I think that way about Jared!

message 35: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 148 comments Have to say though It was only when i got to season 4 that I started to develop my yearning for Jared and by season 6 I was hooked. He gets better looking as the seasons progress.

message 36: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 148 comments Nuzaifa wrote: "Amos wrote: "Does anyone else think that Jensen is too good looking? I mean I was watching supernatural the other day and thought, if you stick a wig and slap some make up on him he'd make a beauti..."

LOL!

message 37: by Nuzaifa (new)

Nuzaifa (n-u-z-a-i-f-a) Amos wrote: "Nuzaifa wrote: "Seriously??!
For me it's Dean all the way! ;)"

That's good, so we can skip the tug of war ;)"

LOL!Yep we can! :P

message 38: by Shiran (last edited Apr 25, 2012 02:22AM) (new)

Shiran | 16 comments I LOVE supernatural, I've watched it from the start. I have to agree with Faye tho, it started to drop a bit with the 6th season, tho I'm still watching :P I love the first 3 seasons the best and I tend to rewatch the entire series every now and then :P I don't really have a favourite creature but Dean is my favourite and really the reason I'm still watching it! :P I loved the episode where he sings Eye of the Tigar (in season 3) That was my best by far :)

message 39: by Karina (new)

Karina Kantas Love Dean but I'm a huge fan of Cass, actor and character lol.

My fav scene in all the seasons and episodes is when Dean and Sam take the piss out of the CSI guys. I was crying with laughter. You know the episode where the Trickster gets them into TV land. Wicked.

message 40: by Shiran (last edited Apr 25, 2012 02:52AM) (new)

Shiran | 16 comments Karina - LadyHawk wrote: "Love Dean but I'm a huge fan of Cass, actor and character lol.

My fav scene in all the seasons and episodes is when Dean and Sam take the piss out of the CSI guys. I was crying with laughter. Yo..."

I love Cass but nothing in the world could stop me form attacking Dean if he was in fornt of me :P

I love that episode too!!! So funny. That's what they are missing in the new seasons, that really funny side of things, and the jokes.

message 41: by Karina (new)

Karina Kantas yes, I agree defo more serious this season, but hey they are dealing with monsters that can't be killed and keep spreading. Would you be laughing?

I'm sure it will lighten up soon.

message 42: by Ritu (new)

Ritu (ritu_r) dean <3

message 43: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 148 comments Karina - LadyHawk wrote: "Love Dean but I'm a huge fan of Cass, actor and character lol.

My fav scene in all the seasons and episodes is when Dean and Sam take the piss out of the CSI guys. I was crying with laughter. Yo..."

One of my favorite episodes too! I also liked the one where Dean gets kidnapped by aliens...or so he thinks...

message 44: by Karina (new)

Karina Kantas oh, yeah the faeries lol Love it when he traps it in the microwave.

message 45: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments I just saw the episode where Dean and Sam got transported to an alternate reality that was the set of supernatural...so funny!!