Theater Lovers discussion

33 views
Favorite Musical?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Caity (new)

Caity Hello, all! I'm new to the group and was wondering what some of the favorite musicals around here are(other than Les Mis of course ;P)?
I like
-Joseph(Sight & Sound)
-Beauty and the Beast(broadway)
-Little Women(broadway)
-Music Man
-Hello Dolly
-You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown <3
-Man of La Manche
-Secret Garden (Daisy Eagan; Anthony Warlow; Philip Quast)
-TITANIC

and many, many more! :D
-


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) Wicked!
How to succeed in business without really trying
Guys and dolls

Idk what else


message 3: by Caity (new)

Caity Charlotte -awesome&uknowit- wrote: "Wicked!
How to succeed in business without really trying
Guys and dolls

Idk what else"


Guys & Dolls has some great songs! :D


message 4: by Caity (new)

Caity OH I also like Singing in the Rain <3 :)


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

-Wicked
-Les Mis
-13
-Hairspray
- and more!!


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) Oh yeah, Hairspray!


message 7: by Caity (new)

Caity Glad to see people responding, it looked as though the group had been getting a bit slow. I couldn't let a MUSICALS group go to waste!!! ♪♫♪♫
♥♥♥♥


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I never acctually seen a real musical only the ones we put on at school. And I'm usually in all of those musicals.


message 9: by Caity (last edited Feb 26, 2012 12:38PM) (new)

Caity Chey: which musicals have you been in?


message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 26, 2012 01:07PM) (new)

I doudt any of u have heard of them. There all amature small musicals that like no one has heard of.
-The Only Christmas Pagent in Town
-Big Bad Musical (We're doing that one this year)


message 11: by Caity (new)

Caity Hmm no I haven't heard of them. Do you like acting?


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

yes i enjoy it very much. its fun!!!!!!!!! :)


message 13: by Caity (new)

Caity we have a lot of actors in our family as well. have you heard of Cats? my aunt played Grizabella on the off-broadway tour.


message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

That is so cool.so I'm guessing ur an actor as well????


message 15: by Caity (new)

Caity Chey wrote: "That is so cool.so I'm guessing ur an actor as well????"

I've done a little, but I'd rather help backstage any day, with sets n scene changes and such. My siblings like the acting part though; my brother has played a bunch of roles. So, I like it in the sense I support my siblings and all but yea I'm not an actor myself. ;)


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

*In a sing-song voice* go actors, go actors!


message 17: by Caity (new)

Caity Lala-loves-Les-Mis wrote: "*In a sing-song voice* go actors, go actors!"

lol ;) do you act?


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) I like to act, but I'm not very good at it, and I don't have opportunities to do it


message 19: by Caity (new)

Caity Charlie -awesome&uknowit- wrote: "I like to act, but I'm not very good at it, and I don't have opportunities to do it"

yea, for me, it's kinda like I'm pretty outgoing to life is like acting for me, and then when I get on the stage I'm like- O_o -lol.
if you could be in ANY show, what would it be? :)


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) I'd really want to be in Hairspray for some reason. Or wicked.


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

WICKED!!!


message 22: by Caity (new)

Caity Lala-loves-Les-Mis wrote: "WICKED!!!"

That's cool. I'd love to be in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, or Little Woman. ♥


message 23: by Caity (new)

Caity so, just wondering, what makes you all like the play "Wicked", I've heard a lot of people love it but I've never seen it and wonder what makes it so "amazing"?


message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool. I think doing behind the sceans is one of the most important6 parts of putting on a musical. :)


message 25: by Caity (new)

Caity Chey wrote: "Cool. I think doing behind the sceans is one of the most important6 parts of putting on a musical. :)"

indeed! :D that, and I also like helping "babysit" the junior actors during scenes theyr not in. very fun.
whats your fav musical?


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) Alice wrote: "so, just wondering, what makes you all like the play "Wicked", I've heard a lot of people love it but I've never seen it and wonder what makes it so "amazing"?"

The songs are really cathcy and i saw it on broadway and it was AMAZING!

And i'm going to see it again next week! But first we get to sing with the actors!! so cool!!


message 27: by Caity (new)

Caity Charlie -awesome&uknowit- wrote: "Alice wrote: "so, just wondering, what makes you all like the play "Wicked", I've heard a lot of people love it but I've never seen it and wonder what makes it so "amazing"?"

The songs are really ..."


I've only heard Popular. OOH! on broadway?!?! hows that? do you live in NY?!? that is awesome. now is that the one with Kristin Chenoweth or was she off broadway?


message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Hairspray and Singing in The Rain. But I still want 2 see 13. :)


message 29: by Caity (new)

Caity Chey wrote: "Hairspray and Singing in The Rain. But I still want 2 see 13. :)"

my brother played Cosmo in SITR! and my sister played Lina! XD if u want, you can see it on YouTube by looking up Rockwall Community Playhouse Singin in the Rain. lol
so do you tap or do any sort of dance?


message 30: by Caity (new)

Caity Chey wrote: "Hairspray and Singing in The Rain. But I still want 2 see 13. :)"

I've never heard of 13..


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) Alice wrote: "Charlie -awesome&uknowit- wrote: "Alice wrote: "so, just wondering, what makes you all like the play "Wicked", I've heard a lot of people love it but I've never seen it and wonder what makes it so ..."

Yes, I live in NY! And Kristin Chenowith was in it, and I'm pretty sure I saw her in it (like 4 years ago) and she's not in it anymore


message 32: by Caity (new)

Caity Charlie -awesome&uknowit- wrote: "Alice wrote: "Charlie -awesome&uknowit- wrote: "Alice wrote: "so, just wondering, what makes you all like the play "Wicked", I've heard a lot of people love it but I've never seen it and wonder wha..."

That is sooo cool! :D do you get to see a lot of broadway?? Did you see Little Woman on broadway? or Cats?(that was awhile ago, though)
she has a gr8 voice. ;)


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) I go to broadway sometimes, but it's expensive. And I've only been going recently, so no, i haven't seen the two you mentioned.

I've seen How To Succeed In Business (with Daniel Radcliffe omg)
Phantom of the Opera
Billy Elliot
Wicked


message 34: by Caity (new)

Caity wow. sounds amazing! my sister LOVES Phantom of the Opera!
I bet it's expensive! community theatre can be expensive so I can only imagine broadway is up there. ;)


message 35: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (derek1) | 13 comments i love wicked and les mis(which im aeeing this week or next week


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) Alice wrote: "wow. sounds amazing! my sister LOVES Phantom of the Opera!
I bet it's expensive! community theatre can be expensive so I can only imagine broadway is up there. ;)"


Yea it's really expensive, I'd like to do it more, but i can't.


message 37: by Caity (new)

Caity Charlie -awesome&uknowit- wrote: "Alice wrote: "wow. sounds amazing! my sister LOVES Phantom of the Opera!
I bet it's expensive! community theatre can be expensive so I can only imagine broadway is up there. ;)"

Yea it's really e..."


well at least youv been. ;)


message 38: by Caity (last edited Feb 28, 2012 05:51PM) (new)

Caity Kristi wrote: "i love wicked and les mis(which im aeeing this week or next week"

where are you seeing it?


message 39: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (derek1) | 13 comments yup. Im seeing les mis 2morrow night.


message 40: by Caity (new)

Caity Kristi wrote: "yup. Im seeing les mis 2morrow night."

thats so awesome. whats your fav song in it?


message 41: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (derek1) | 13 comments master of the house, no competiton on that 1


message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 28, 2012 06:19PM) (new)

I use to when I was younger not anymore.but I really want to take ballroom but I'm not sure if my parents would let me.


message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 28, 2012 06:20PM) (new)

I hadent heard of 13till a few days ago so i looked it up and I really liked it.


message 44: by Caity (new)

Caity Kristi wrote: "master of the house, no competiton on that 1"

haha I like ABC cafe and One more Day. *faint* and the only anjolres (or however u spell that) is ANTHONY WORLOW!!!!!!!!!!


message 45: by Caity (new)

Caity Chey wrote: "I hadent heard of 13till a few days ago so i looked it up and I really liked it."

thats cool. I was just wondering cause theres tapping in SITR.
my older sister loves ballroom & we all like watzing! lol


message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 29, 2012 04:35PM) (new)

Lol cool but I do like tap dancing.when I took tap we had to learn a routine from sitr.it was hard but very fun. :)


message 47: by Caity (new)

Caity Chey wrote: "Lol cool but I do like tap dancing.when I took tap we had to learn a routine from sitr.it was hard but very fun. :)"

thats so cool. tapping is AWESOME! especially when 2 REALLY good tap dancers tap and it sounds like 1 person. O_O lol *love* lol


message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah its really cool. Uh..... I'm having a hard time memorizing my lines for the musical.I have to memories them for fri.


message 49: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (derek1) | 13 comments I saw it!!!! It was...... AMAZING to say the least. Though the way these songs were sung, Look down was prob my fav instead of master of the house. The man and woman singing it didnt do a very good job. I keep replaying Look down on the CD I bought.


message 50: by Caity (new)

Caity Kristi wrote: "I saw it!!!! It was...... AMAZING to say the least. Though the way these songs were sung, Look down was prob my fav instead of master of the house. The man and woman singing it didnt do a very good..."

Lol thats so cool!! glad you had fun! ;D have you heard Anthony Warlow in Les Miz?


« previous 1
back to top