The Lucky One The Lucky One question

Who is excited to see Nicholas Sparks new movie The lucky one?
violet violet Feb 25, 2012 05:04PM
I love all Nicholas Spark movies! I think that he does a perfect job when writing the book and has good control when bringing it to the big screen.I cant wait to see it I KNOW its going to be good. Zac Efron is going to be playing Logan Thibault for those of you who dont already know. So whaddya guys think?

I loved this book! But I feel like Zac Efron is too young to play this character. She is only 3ish years older than him, but she looks alot older than that. I feel like they should have used someone a little more rugged... Maybe someone like Jake Gyllenhaal or even Josh Hartnett (circa Black Hawk Down)... Zac Efron just looks too boyish. But because I love the book (I laughed, I cried, I fell in love with the characters) I will still see the movie.

I saw the movie and was disappointed. I thought Zac Efron was too young to play Logan and the female character chosen to play Beth looked old. I also didn't recognize anything from the book to the trailer. Maybe I'm just no fun. I'm not saying it won't be a good chick flick, I'm just saying I don't think it will follow the book.

Zac Efron? Seriously?
I'm disappointed already.

I watched the trailer and I didn't really expect Zac Efron to play the role. He looks a bit young than the Logan Thibault in my imagination. His hair's short. But then, I think it'll be fine. I can't wait to see this film with my friends! :)

Bianca His hair really should have been long for the movie. :/
Apr 19, 2012 10:17AM · flag

It looks like I'm going to be a bit disappointed in the movie in comparison to the book. Just in the trailer they changed a lot of the plot.:(

I'm not. Didn't love the book and don't love Zac Efron...

I dont know about Zac Effron playing Logan, I always pictured him older and bigger if that makes sense

I actually hope the movie is better than the book. That's saying a lot coming from me.

I have no desire to watch it, Zack elfron is too young. This is one of my favorite books, he just does not have the acting to do it.

I LOVE ZAC EFRON :D AND I LOVED this book... I'm definitely excited for the movie :D

It's been a while since I have read this book. I saw the preview for the movie last night and didn't even make the connection. I don't remember the story line.. guess I'll have to go refresh my mind.

Rebecca Goerz (Wheeler) yeah i thought the same thing. apparently i need to reread the book....
Apr 19, 2012 10:48PM · flag

Bec (last edited Feb 29, 2012 04:42PM ) Feb 29, 2012 04:41PM   -1 votes
I went to see the Vow and the preview came on for this (without mentioning the name at the start) and i was sitting there thinking i know this storyline - can't wait to see it - sure it will make me cry like all his others. I usually don't like movies based on books because the books are much better but i find if you just taken them on face value (as movies rather than adaptations of books) they are usually ok although not sure if Zac Efron as a ex-soldier is believable?? Tataum Channing was more believable in Dear John

Omg I seen the trailer when it came out and I freaked out when Logan was going to be played by Zac Efron!! He totally fits the part, can't wait to see it.Based on Nicholas Sparks other movies I think that he tried his best to make it as true to the book as possible. :)

The last few movies based on his books were awful, but then again, his books as of late, have been lacking the heart that his earlier works had. I'll probably see the movie for this book once it comes out on DVD.